Travis

Re: Song to Self online!
bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Tue 29 Jul, 2008 4:09 PM Quote
Thanks! It's a great song, I'm more into the live version though xD. Anyways, this version doesn't sound bad at all :oD, I cannot wait for the new album either!!!

Graciaaaas Sonja!! :oD

gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Tue 29 Jul, 2008 4:34 PM Quote
It can't be long now before it is made official that Song To Self is the first proper single from Ode To J. Smith.

At about 41 minutes, just before the song at 43 minutes, Nic Harcourt says;-
"Coming up, we're gonna play you new music from Travis, just got their new single"

It sounds brilliant!

Well done Travis.

Is this another case of KCRW playing the new songs a bit earlier than they are supposed to before they are made official, like they done with J. Smith?

By the way, has anyone ripped a good version of this yet? ;)

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 29 Jul, 2008 4:59 PM Quote
Ooohh!!! I don't know if I should listen to it or not! It's one of the songs I haven't even heard from the live youtube videos, it's one of the few I was saving.
But I'm intrigued!!! I don't know what to do xD.

jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Tue 29 Jul, 2008 5:00 PM Quote
gladsadmad wrote:
It can't be long now before it is made official that Song To Self is the first proper single from Ode To J. Smith.

It sounds brilliant!

Well done Travis.

Is this another case of KCRW playing the new songs a bit earlier than they are supposed to before they are made official, like they done with J. Smith?

By the way, has anyone ripped a good version of this yet? ;)

i was a bout to do it, but my computer has changed the sound controls, i need to rip it on the other computer.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 29 Jul, 2008 5:05 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
Ooohh!!! I don't know if I should listen to it or not! It's one of the songs I haven't even heard from the live youtube videos, it's one of the few I was saving.

Oh just listen to it!!! :P

Juli, it's good quality and it looks like it's gonna be the first single, so I say...go for it!!! :D Plus, I wanna know what you think. :) lol.

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Tue 29 Jul, 2008 5:08 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:

Oh Ju, just have a listen!! You won't regret it :oP

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 29 Jul, 2008 5:09 PM Quote
Lol! Ok girls!!! I'm gonna do it! I just needed someone to decide for me :oP.

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Tue 29 Jul, 2008 5:12 PM Quote
Woot woot! Lol! Agree with Nikki, tell us what you think about it ;o).

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 29 Jul, 2008 5:16 PM Quote
bogusblue wrote:
Woot woot! Lol! Agree with Nikki, tell us what you think about it ;o).

Nice "woot" usage. ;)

I <3 this song so much. I've listened to it 5 times now I think. It gives me chills.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 29 Jul, 2008 5:19 PM Quote
Love it! Concerned at the start thinking, 'it doesn't start like this live' but actually, it ended up being pretty much exactly the same as the live version again. As i thought, it isn't a "big balls out rocker that we thrashed to pieces in the studio" like Fran said in his blog. Which i am happy about because it doesn't work as a "thrashy, big balls out rocker" but it works as it is and it is brilliant. Like i said before, it's quite Man Who-ish with a bit more guitar on it. :) 3 down, 8 to go. So far so good but we've yet to hear any studio recordings of the real rockers like Something Anything and Chinese Blues etc. I hope they sound BIG and LOUD!

Well done Fran. If this is indeed the single, which i think we can say it probably is, i think its the best single since Side.

TK23
TK23 Posted Tue 29 Jul, 2008 5:25 PM Quote
It's beauuutiful!!! Sounds amazing, I love it.

Thanks Milos for posting.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 29 Jul, 2008 5:45 PM Quote
Thanks Milos!!

I just listened to it twice. First it surprised me it wasn't more rock, because I was expecting something like J. Smith or Get Up. So I decided to go for a second listen without expecting anything haha.

I love it!!! I think there are parts where it sounds travisy but others that it doesn't.
Without analyzing much, I got this overwhelming feeling when I heard it. I can't describe it. It's like listening to something big and new but feeling warm and at home because of those little details that make it familiar... If that makes any sense! I'm thinking esp. about melody and Fran's voice and a little scream he does in the middle of the song that's so his... I suck at explaining myself in English, sorry!

Anyway, I'm in love it. Love the music, it's like a big wall of music (at least listening to it with my headphones it sounds like that xD). I think that "naked" begining contributes to that effect. Love the lyrics.

That's all I can say having listened to it twice.
I can't believe I have to go to work now. I wish I could listen to it a few more times. It's stuck in my head now!!

I think it could work great as a first single, if it is.

Edit: Ohh, I read this post again and it's awfully written. I'm sorry!

Craigyboy
Craigyboy Posted Tue 29 Jul, 2008 5:49 PM Quote
Great song cheers for pointing it out to all of us!!

sonja
sonja Posted Tue 29 Jul, 2008 5:58 PM Quote
bogusblue wrote:
Thanks! It's a great song, I'm more into the live version though xD. Anyways, this version doesn't sound bad at all :oD, I cannot wait for the new album either!!!

Graciaaaas Sonja!! :oD

De nada !

I reeeally love it!

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Tue 29 Jul, 2008 5:59 PM Quote
Don't worry Ju, your post totally makes sense :o). Yeah, Fran's voice is great, and the lyrics are brilliant, love them :oD.

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:19 AM