Travis

Re: An observation
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 25 Jul, 2008 4:41 PM Quote
I look at T chat fairly often but don't post a whole lot. Like when the tracks got released I wanted to share my opinion. But only one time- not every day.

I agree there are people who never come over here. It's kind of funny. Personally I like them being separate so you can't be told you're "off topic" if it's not Travis related or vice versa.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 25 Jul, 2008 4:45 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
I look at T chat fairly often but don't post a whole lot. Like when the tracks got released I wanted to share my opinion. But only one time- not every day.

I agree there are people who never come over here. It's kind of funny. Personally I like them being separate so you can't be told you're "off topic" if it's not Travis related or vice versa.

This is off topic, but your new avatar is freaking me out. I keep thinking there is some new weird dude on the board.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 25 Jul, 2008 4:49 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
This is off topic, but your new avatar is freaking me out. I keep thinking there is some new weird dude on the board.

LOL. It makes me giggle but I'll probably change it today. I'll try to pick a less traumatic one.

Meridith
Meridith Posted Fri 25 Jul, 2008 5:04 PM Quote
Hi Tonie, I'm Meridith....pleased to meet you! I'm one of those that post every now and then in T-chat, but I tend to post more in G-chat. I lurk quite a bit in T-chat...but feel a little shy when it comes to posting there as I feel I have nothing interesting to add at times.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 25 Jul, 2008 5:05 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
I post on both sides, but mostly on G-chat. I don't have "Travisy" things to say everyday. I can talk "Generally" anytime.

Yup me too. Until about 4 months ago i only posted on the Travis side and have never ventured to the General side, but the one day that i did, Darran had started an "NHL Playoffs start tonight" thread and i was hooked.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 25 Jul, 2008 5:40 PM Quote
Meridith wrote:
Hi Tonie, I'm Meridith....pleased to meet you! I'm one of those that post every now and then in T-chat, but I tend to post more in G-chat. I lurk quite a bit in T-chat...but feel a little shy when it comes to posting there as I feel I have nothing interesting to add at times.

Congratulations on your 1000th post! Wow, look at you now
http://re3.yt-thm-a01.yimg.com/image/25/f11/77110429
Feathers in the Window!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 25 Jul, 2008 5:43 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
I post on both sides, but mostly on G-chat. I don't have "Travisy" things to say everyday. I can talk "Generally" anytime.

Yup me too. Until about 4 months ago i only posted on the Travis side and have never ventured to the General side, but the one day that i did, Darran had started an "NHL Playoffs start tonight" thread and i was hooked.

YaY! And I'm so glad you did decide to come over and post here as well, Kristy! As great as T-Chat is for learning and discussing things about Travis, I feel like we can all talk more about our lives here and open up and that's how we really kinda become Internet buddies. I remember you saw my awesome avatar where I was photoshoped next to Steve Yzerman and asked me about it in T-Chat. :) hehe!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 25 Jul, 2008 5:44 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Meridith wrote:

Congratulations on your 1000th post! Wow, look at you now
http://re3.yt-thm-a01.yimg.com/image/25/f11/77110429
Feathers in the Window!

Woot! Congrats!! (those feathers in the window will never get old).

nesmap
nesmap Posted Fri 25 Jul, 2008 5:45 PM Quote
Get it back to one board.

Chiito-chan
Chiito-chan Posted Fri 25 Jul, 2008 5:50 PM Quote
I post on both sides.

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Fri 25 Jul, 2008 5:56 PM Quote
I don't like T-Chat, Travis are not the only thing I wish to talk about. And there are some right crazy people on there ;)

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Fri 25 Jul, 2008 5:59 PM Quote
There are no topics about cheese on the T-chat side of the board.

But...I've been here so damn long I think I've said all I have to say about Travis. There's only so many times I want to repeat what my favorite Travis song is. It has not changed in years.

Also, I'm not the hugest Travis fan anymore. I like them alright, and the shows are fun! I'll still go see them whenever they're in town, but they are by no means my favorite band. *shrug*

That being said, it's not all that difficult to post on both sides. Really.

Tonie
Tonie Posted Fri 25 Jul, 2008 6:26 PM Quote
Nope. No cheese. Unless you count the cheesy conversation :)

Thanks for all the posts so far- I'm a bit disappointed that you're fundamentally in agreement!!! GGGRRR! I thought there might be a bit of controversy to the topic. There's a lot of Big Brother-esque thoughts running through my mind right now about what's been said about the people who post and the content of threads on both sides of the forum. Also the feeling towards Travis the band is interesting - quite an eye opener.

Keep the thoughts coming....please?!?!

ps. hello to you too Meredith! Never be shy to post on the Travis side. Please. There is a lot of nonsense spouted there, as I mentioned earlier. You could only improve things!!! :)

irenesfor
irenesfor Posted Fri 25 Jul, 2008 9:25 PM Quote
I usually post on both sides, there are interesting matters on them.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 25 Jul, 2008 10:24 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

glad you said it , it freaks me out too

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:46 PM