Travis

Re: The Mixtape Exchange (THE DRAW)
Moray
Moray Posted Sat 19 Jul, 2008 8:41 AM Quote
I'm going to put my heart and soul into coming up with your cd Anne!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spid
spid Posted Sat 19 Jul, 2008 12:13 PM Quote
OKay Darran I'll do you one - but it will be very eclectic and you may not like it.

Darran
Darran Posted Sat 19 Jul, 2008 1:03 PM Quote
You're a star, thank you.

I'd best get cracking on my one for you in that case. :-)

cornax
cornax Posted Sat 19 Jul, 2008 1:04 PM Quote
Thanks for organzing...I have my songs selected, just need to work on the order....

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 19 Jul, 2008 2:19 PM Quote
I PMed you Tracey!
:/ I think this is going to be a lot harder than I thought. I have a feeling I'm going to be sending her music she already knows about.

Tracey982
Tracey982 Posted Sat 19 Jul, 2008 3:06 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
I PMed you Tracey!
:/ I think this is going to be a lot harder than I thought. I have a feeling I'm going to be sending her music she already knows about.

Hi Nikki, I got your PM. I was thinking the same thing! We've got same tastes in music, but will be good to see what your fave songs from your fave bands will be compared to mine.
:)

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 19 Jul, 2008 3:27 PM Quote
Tracey982 wrote:
Nikki wrote:
I PMed you Tracey!

Hi Nikki, I got your PM. I was thinking the same thing! We've got same tastes in music, but will be good to see what your fave songs from your fave bands will be compared to mine.
:)

That's true. There are a bunch of bands that you've listed in your profile that I know of, but have only heard one or two songs from.

spid
spid Posted Sat 19 Jul, 2008 4:53 PM Quote
It's done Darran - I hope you like a couple of the tracks. I look forward to some new stuff from you. It wasn't too difficult but I could have made about 10 different types so just went with an odd choice of ones I felt were important to me at some point in my life. I'll explain more when I send it.

mili
mili Posted Sun 20 Jul, 2008 9:09 AM Quote
I'm just test listening to Lilly's tape, I hope it's not too strange. I decided to take a historical angle and include stuff that I've listened over the years avoiding the obvious choises (no Coldplay, Keane etc) + adding some Finnish samples. I could have easily made a much longer tape!

lilly
lilly Posted Sun 20 Jul, 2008 10:26 AM Quote
mili wrote:
I'm just test listening to Lilly's tape, I hope it's not too strange. I decided to take a historical angle and include stuff that I've listened over the years avoiding the obvious choises (no Coldplay, Keane etc) + adding some Finnish samples. I could have easily made a much longer tape!

finnish samples, that's going to be an interesting CD *excited* - strange is fine with me :D

Moray
Moray Posted Tue 22 Jul, 2008 12:35 PM Quote
Ok so that's Anne's 14 tracks drawn up. I've proofed it on my ipod and it's quite the journey you go on. haha.

I've kept mine to a distinctly Scottish flavour as best I can, since it's going transatlantic, but have kept it to songs that have special meaning to me, mixed with some new bands that are breaking through. The last three songs cap it off brilliantly for me.

Will burn it this weekend and do some cover art, then one's Anne's got it and given it a whirl I'll post up the tracklisting.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 22 Jul, 2008 2:37 PM Quote
cover art! Ahh. I have to get creative here.
I cant even decide on my final tracklist. Couple more decisions to be made. Hopefully to be sent off this weekend.

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Tue 22 Jul, 2008 6:58 PM Quote
Darran i bet my friend monica could come up with a killer mix for you if that helps as well??

Darran
Darran Posted Tue 22 Jul, 2008 7:59 PM Quote
Ah I think I'm covered but thanks for the offer.

We will do another one of these before the year is out towards the end of Nov/Dec and hopefully more can be involved.

dee
dee Posted Tue 22 Jul, 2008 10:26 PM Quote
http://mine.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/2/9/icantbrainto128470732032187500.jpg
surely this is staring me in the face but how do i change the order of a playlist on itunes?
it's making me feel rather stoopid which i don't need as it's been a bit of a long day!

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:02 AM