Travis

Re: ages differences,,, (in relationships)
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sat 12 Jul, 2008 12:26 AM Quote
Let her down in STYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYLE!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 12 Jul, 2008 12:50 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Let her down in STYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYLE!

hahaha, well said Fran Healy

Yulia Nox
Yulia Nox Posted Sat 12 Jul, 2008 1:16 AM Quote
paul_c wrote:
I think it depends on the individual case and the maturity of the people involved.

agree http://i37.tinypic.com/14bkeg6.jpg

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Sat 12 Jul, 2008 3:23 AM Quote
When I was 17 I met a 29 year old and he was the fucking mutt's nuts.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 12 Jul, 2008 4:13 AM Quote
I agree with everyone...16 years old is far too young for a 24 year old. The maturity level is completely different there. You're still a kid when you're 16!
I'm 23 and my boyfriend is 28...a bit of an age difference there, but we're on the same level. It's less of a big deal when you get older.

galletitabonita
galletitabonita Posted Sat 12 Jul, 2008 7:59 AM Quote
my first boyfriend was about 25 years old when I was just 16... and if you ask me, I have to tell you that it has been my best relationship EVER! Shame cause it's over ¬¬

mili
mili Posted Sat 12 Jul, 2008 9:20 AM Quote
damon wrote:
dammmmmm !!!

i exactly knew all your anwsers,,, and i fully agreed, the thing is, and obviously is not an excuse, but at the beggening when we met we didn't know the age difference, and we were ok, the conversation & dancing, everything, even she tought i was younger and i tought she was older, but i do feel stange trying to date a 16 years girl (no woman, girl),

as a matter of fact, in Mexico you could be sued for child abuse, until she's 18 her parents have the rights upon her,,, (i don't the english vocabulary),,,

and yes i don't know if i can stand hanging with 16 girls... hahaha nanananana ! i meet a girl in razz party... she looks she was 19... (u16 girls)

hahahaha

damm, i felt crazy atracted by her,,,, i think i should move over..

Pity you met now, not a few years later.

My husband is five years older than me, but we met when I was 22.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sat 12 Jul, 2008 3:05 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:

I'm 23 and my boyfriend is 28.

Same age that Don and I were when we got married. At the time, I didn't think I was getting married young, but in retrospect, I guess I did. Since we had already been together for so long, we kinda felt married already, if that makes any sense.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 12 Jul, 2008 3:09 PM Quote
I do think the older you get the less important it becomes, but let's face it 16 is a minor male or female.

I'm 35 and I'm still learning to grow up so I don't think you ever become fully an adult.... until you snuff it or lose yer mind.

Dubz

Delia24Oct07
Delia24Oct07 Posted Sat 12 Jul, 2008 3:13 PM Quote
I'm 18 now and I've never had a serious relationship before so I'm not the best to talk about this...

I think, at my age it's better to have an older man for a relationship because the boys at my age are just too childish. But I think 24 is a bit too old for a sixteen years old girl, about two or three years would do.

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Sat 12 Jul, 2008 3:14 PM Quote
It all ultimately comes down to the maturity of the individual and where they both want the relationship to go. If one just wants a casual thing and the other wants to settle down then obviously it isn't going to work. And I know people in their late 20s who are a lot less mature than some of my teenage friends.

Age is just a number, blah blah blah.

spid
spid Posted Sat 12 Jul, 2008 4:30 PM Quote
When I was 17 I went out with a 25 year old - it didn't work out - but it was a good status symbol - for us both. Personally I think it is a too young.

But you are thinking about it and that is what matters - stay friends and try again in 2 years.

Chiito-chan
Chiito-chan Posted Sat 12 Jul, 2008 6:52 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
I think it depends on the individual case and the maturity of the people involved.

I agree. As Grin says: Age is just a number, blah blah blah.

Hanne
Hanne Posted Sat 12 Jul, 2008 8:30 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

Same age that Don and I were when we got married. At the time, I didn't think I was getting married young, but in retrospect, I guess I did. Since we had already been together for so long, we kinda felt married already, if that makes any sense.

It makes perfect sense; a wedding is just a confirmation of a relationship. Some people suffer from the illusion that a wedding can repair a relationship, but everyday life will just go on after the wedding, married or not.

mozman68
mozman68 Posted Sun 13 Jul, 2008 3:14 AM Quote
It was a real issue with the wife and I....but I eventually caved in...and the fact that she's 5 days older than me hasn't made a difference....http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/aetsch/cheeky-smiley-004.gif

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:09 PM