Travis

France SetList ???
Safe Side
Safe Side Posted Sun 06 Jul, 2008 12:27 PM Quote
Does anyone have the setlist for the france gig, i want to hear how there mixing the new stuff into the set

Re: France SetList ???
Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sun 06 Jul, 2008 5:27 PM Quote
Guess they are all hungover!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 07 Jul, 2008 5:34 PM Quote
Not even one review or picture in the tour archive either.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 07 Jul, 2008 5:42 PM Quote
:(

Aude
Aude Posted Mon 07 Jul, 2008 7:26 PM Quote
Somewhere Else wrote:
Guess they are all hungover!

hahaha... not so far from the truth!!

It was a long festival, I would i've writen sooner if I hadn't stayed the three days!

I didn't write down the setlist but I can remember that the new stuff was great!!
we had J. smith (aaaaaaaaaaaawesome), song to self , and two or three other new songs in the middle of the show (including one that never heard before, was it one of the B-sides?). It gave a real energy to everybody.

It was really short, there was no encore :'( .

We had love will come throught,
sing, side, closer, writing to reach you, pipe dreams (I was almost dying at that moment), selfish jean, all I want to do is rock (I think the french audience was really surprised to hear that sound from Travis, it's funny), and it ended up with Why does it always rain on me....
It rained a few at that very moment, a really believed that would be glastonburry again. Unfortunately it stoped straight away.

The audience was good but not so crazy (exept during Sing, so it was quite frustrating.
I'm not really surprised because here, as we already said on that forum the only famous song of Travis is Sing because the radios don't play any other songs.

As I said everybody went crazy when the sing-moment came. It was so cool to hear everybody singing (sometimes in an awful way :D) and it was also really great when Andy climbed on the louspeakers to play one of his solo!

I'm not writing a review because I have a really poor memory(my apologies : there was a lot of shows (including the VERVE :GREAT!) in three days and I'm deeply tired), but I can still remember that it was really really great!

I got that smile all the show long :D, and I still do when I think of it, such a happy moment for me!

I can't wait to see them again, but this time I'd prefer it to be not in a festival : 1 hour is far too short!

I took pictres and videos with my mobile phone but I broke it yesterday during the sex pistols show! Sh**!

I think they were happy to be there anyway, and so we were!!!!

That's all folks! I'm sorry if it doesn't make sense sometimes: I slept 12h in very bad conditions on three days... my bed is calling me!!
cheers!

PS: The videos are not mine, I took it from Youtube (merci à celui qui les a prises d'ailleurs!) I expect we will find better quality videos in a few days as the show was filmed.
Bye!

DOES ANYBOBY KNOWS HOW THIS URL-THING WORKS (I feel so stupid!)? Edit : Thank you weirdmom !!!

here are some pics

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 07 Jul, 2008 7:55 PM Quote
Aude wrote:
DOES ANYBOBY KNOWS HOW THIS URL-THING WORKS (I feel so stupid!)?

You need to either just cut and paste the link or put the web address like this:

[url=PASTE THE LINK HERE]write whatever text you want here[/url]

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Tue 08 Jul, 2008 9:44 PM Quote
"and two or three other new songs in the middle of the show (including one that never heard before, was it one of the B-sides?). It gave a real energy to everybody."

That must have been 'Get up' - I noticed how the crowd loved that at Nottingham :)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 08 Jul, 2008 11:13 PM Quote
Aude wrote:
I didn't write down the setlist but I can remember that the new stuff was great!!
we had J. smith (aaaaaaaaaaaawesome), song to self , and two or three other new songs in the middle of the show (including one that never heard before, was it one of the B-sides?). It gave a real energy to everybody.

"J Smith" is actually Chinese Blues, and "new songs" is Long Way Down. :)

EDIT: And Fran's scream in Long Way Down is even better than on the version i have! :)

EDIT 2: This album is going to be amazing!!!!! Long Way Down is amazing. Closest 'Good Feeling' track they've done since 'Good Feeling'.

sorry angel
sorry angel Posted Wed 09 Jul, 2008 11:05 AM Quote
Merci Aude

Chiito-chan
Chiito-chan Posted Wed 09 Jul, 2008 11:15 AM Quote
thank you Aude
Cool pics!

Aude
Aude Posted Wed 09 Jul, 2008 12:45 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Aude wrote:

"J Smith" is actually Chinese Blues, and "new songs" is Long Way Down. :)

EDIT: And Fran's scream in Long Way Down is even better than on the version i have! :)

EDIT 2: This album is going to be amazing!!!!! Long Way Down is amazing. Closest 'Good Feeling' track they've done since 'Good Feeling'.

You're right, I fucked it up! :)
There's a video of J. Smith on Youtube but I can't find it anymore, the guy who put them on (merci encore!) gave them the same tittle so it's quite hard find it again... and I'm too lazy!

You're welcome! pics are good, yes, but not mine here are some more (wow, I'm getting better at that "url" trick) :D
Cheers!

I'm desperately seeking for interviews they gave there, I can't find any!
There was a paper saying that they did not snub journalists, but I can't find anything about them in the papers!

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 2:20 AM