Travis

So, who is Sarah?
champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 8:26 PM Quote
My brand shiny new J. Smith vinyl has arrived earlier today. SIGNED too! :-) The cover art looks cool. The darkness makes me think, how close the new sounds would be to the 12 Memories era. he hee (keeps fingers crossed!!!)

And and about Sarah. Who is she? Anyone? Or am I just being nosey? Lovely tune. To be honest, at first I thought, oi this is boring. Then couple more shots and it grows on me until got me totally addicted. Especially when listening to this with headphones. Sweet piano coming from the right ear and the acoustic guitar from the left. It feels awesome. You gotta try if you haven't yet.

I love this J. Smith guy!!!

Re: So, who is Sarah?
Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 8:39 PM Quote
I was wondering the same thing. Is Sarah a real person, or someone Fran just made up (sort of like J. Smith)?

I can't get enough of either of these songs. They're wonderful!!

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 8:46 PM Quote
I thought it might be a love song sounding suspiciously like Nora, but that theory's gone!

Chiito-chan
Chiito-chan Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 9:02 PM Quote
champagnesupernova wrote:
And and about Sarah. Who is she? Anyone?

Mix Day 2
Fran wrote:
The album is called Ode To J. Smith partly giving a heads up to the key song and partly because all the songs are written about nameless characters or to nameless characters.

maybe...

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 9:26 PM Quote
Yeah, I thought it could be an imaginary person too. But since it is not in the album and it is way interesting to have conspiracy theories about lyrics, I couldn't help asking. :-)

joemono
joemono Posted Fri 04 Jul, 2008 12:27 AM Quote
Especially when listening to this with headphones. Sweet piano coming from the right ear and the acoustic guitar from the left. It feels awesome. You gotta try if you haven't yet.

I second that notion.

moominbadger
moominbadger Posted Fri 04 Jul, 2008 12:48 PM Quote
My brand shiny new J. Smith vinyl has arrived earlier today. SIGNED too! :-) this J.

I received mine yesterday too!! Makes me laugh how it took the same amount of time for the record to travel to South West England as it did to get to Turkey! :P

Oh, and yay! Mine was signed!!!! Thanks guys!

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Fri 04 Jul, 2008 12:59 PM Quote
joemono wrote:
Especially when listening to this with headphones. Sweet piano coming from the right ear and the acoustic guitar from the left. It feels awesome. You gotta try if you haven't yet.

I second that notion.

Hey Joe! Glad someone cared about this in the thread. :-)

moominbadger wrote:

I received mine yesterday too!! Makes me laugh how it took the same amount of time for the record to travel to South West England as it did to get to Turkey! :P

Must be this thing called globalization. :-P

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 6:24 AM