Travis

Re: I don't know what to do
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 2:21 PM Quote
My experience has been if you've got yourself a "pee-er" it will remain a pee-er, no matter what. If you do something to her favorite spot, she'll find another. As I'm sure you know, it is impossible to completely get the smell out of carpets. If you don't find a spot immediately--forget it. I've been through this problem. We had to get rid of the cat. We tried everything and she just kept finding new places to go. We had to replace the carpet and even sand the floor under the carpet and re-seal it in one area that we didn't know about (behind the drapery). Just tell your friend that you can't keep the cat because of the pee. She can't blame you; at least you tried.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 2:23 PM Quote
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:
Just dont see why comments made on a message board by someone you barely know should matter. Maybe thats just me *shrugs*

My rule of thumb is that I'm not going to post anything on the board that I wouldn't say to your face.

While I am not questioning her right to express her opinion I find it odd that she would go through the trouble to post about something she wants help on only to wonder why she is bothering since she won't get a response anyway.

If a group of us were sitting around having a chat and she said what she posted perhaps it would strike you differently.

Of course that is just my perspective and just my personal rule.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 2:23 PM Quote
double post

dee
dee Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 2:25 PM Quote
hey lady! how are you?
my cats wouldn't know a litter box if it flew at their heads since they are outdoor cats so i'm afraid i've never had to box train a kitty.
however, i know cats can be quite strict about returning to where their scent is.
if you used some newspaper or tissue to clean up the pee and then bury the paper in a fresh box of litter hopefully they will return to where they can smell their mark.

it has worked in the past with training puppies to wait til they get outside to pee so it might work for kitties.

best of luck:)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 2:28 PM Quote
One of my mom's cats is peeing on her bed and the vet suggested getting some mouse traps, putting them under the sheets, and covering them with newspaper so when she jumps up there there will be a big noise that will scare her away from her chosen spot.

But this only works if the cat is peeing in one specific area. And her cat doesn't do this when she is in the bed (thankfully!) so she is learning that the bed is only "safe" when my mom is in it.

dee
dee Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 2:29 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Oh and bung a cork in the cat!!

that sir, is appalling.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 2:30 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
A few others and I (faggotty board comment the other week ??) deride the board quite often but nothing is said to us, why?

I didn't say anything about that post because I didn't see the point. The old board vs. new board is a conversation I am pretty tired of and it's been had so many times that why engage in another one?

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 2:43 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

A few others and I (faggotty board comment the other week ??) deride the board quite often but nothing is said to us, why?

Ah, that's 'cause you're just like the peeing cat. No matter what we say or do, we know you'll always come back to your favorite spot. ;o)

Esteban
Esteban Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 2:55 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
I really don't agree with the reaction to the initial post, surely people have the right to pass comment on a public forum ? Or is it yet another case of people taking everything said as a personal attack on themselves, In my opinion if you are gonna get uppitty because some one slags, The Board or Brad or Travis you must be a very insecure person who builds up "walls" to hide behind.

Freedom of speech muthafuckas!!!

Dubz

Oh and bung a cork in the cat!!

Yes, she's allowed to pass comment, no-one's said or even implied that she isn't, but everyone else is allowed right to reply. I suppose how people take it is upto them. I didn't have to think too carefully before I chose to take it personally, as in life I have been considered rude *tick*, arrogant *tick*, and I'm fairly new *tick*. Not wonderful attributes, the first two, but I am what I am and I don't hold back, you always know where you stand with me. It's not about being insecure or hiding behind walls just because I've challenged a perception, so leave the amateur psychology out of this, man.

That you and others derided the board has no significant bearing on this and cannot be compared, derision is to show contempt or scorn, which the original poster didn't do, in fact her post was quite the opposite.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 3:12 PM Quote
I wasn't offended or took anything personal I original post at all. I just feel for her as she got a mangy cat that pees everywhere and I totally detest that. I was just commenting on how I haven't came across the rudeness that she has :-/ Although it was a bit weird to end a "help" message with "ack no-one will probably end up replying to me styley".

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 3:13 PM Quote
Wheres your parrot?

spid
spid Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 3:42 PM Quote
Personally offended? - no not really, but felt I needed to address the point made (my perogative; as it was the OP's to make the point)
Found the end of the post off putting? - yes, as it excluded a group of people who were able and willing to help just because they were new and hadn't belonged to the old board. We were all tarred with the same unfounded brush.
Did I offer advise anyway? - yes, cos I'm bored with the old board/ new board discussion and had advice to give.
Is it because I have pyschological problems? - Oh yes, yes, yes"! Along with 99.999% of the rest of the world and I'm very proud of my walls, I've spent years building them and no one is going to take them down without me putting up a huge struggle (it's my wall, it smells nice and old and comforting - hands off Dubz)

From the sounds of it the cat needs an outside only home.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 5:08 PM Quote
Wheres your parrot?

It kept saying "she's a tranny, she's a tranny" So I buried it!!! ;)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 5:23 PM Quote
Peewee wrote:
Wheres your parrot?

It kept saying "she's a tranny, she's a tranny" So I buried it!!! ;)

why in the world did your parrot say that? lol.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 5:50 PM Quote
I wasn’t going to reply to this thread just as I didn’t reply to Gladly and Dubz bashing our “faggoty” board (nice), but I changed my mind because I’m just so fed up with it and something has to be said.

The old board/new board talk is getting old. I was a member of the old board, but mainly as a lurker. I post much more now because I’m out of college and have more time. I liked the old board just fine and I like the new board even more because of the layout and profiles.

I really don’t get how any of the new board peeps are arrogant or rude. If anything, we are the complete opposite! Everyone is so friendly and welcoming to newcomers. You might make fun of our Cookie Exchange or Flat Travis Project or girly wedding talk, but if it’s done in general chat and we’re all having a good time, what is the problem with that? I don’t go on other threads and talk about how stupid they are. We’re making friends. What is the big deal? And I think there’s a good mix of goofy and serious discussions here. And, I cannot emphasize this enough, if you don’t like the board, you should create your own interesting topics. Contribute, for God sakes! I really don’t think anyone has the right to come on here and complain about the board when they haven’t contributed or tried and make it better themselves.

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:46 AM