Travis

Hey peeps
Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Mon 30 Jun, 2008 3:23 PM Quote
I'm posting from a sweltering Cyprus. Been on hols for a couple of weeks, back on Thursday. Seems I've got some Travis tracks to catch up on...may download 'em from iTunes in a bit. :)

What's the weather like home in Britain at the moment? Cos I'll happily trade you some 35+ degree heat for a bit of chilly rain. How do you hot country people cope? :s I think even my macbook is sweating.

Btw, hope Champers and everyone who went to the Istanbul gig had a good time, sounds like you all did. :)

Re: Hey peeps
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 30 Jun, 2008 3:35 PM Quote
Well, I'm not British, but the weather here could be. For the past few days it's been overcast with rain every few hours on and off. I had to wear long sleeves when I went out for a walk this morning at 7:00 AM. Does that make you feel more at home?

I think after you've been in a hot weather area for a long time, your blood must thin out or something. Your body adapts. That's why people in Florida put jackets on when it's 68ºF/20ºC and the tourists are wearing T-shirts and saying how nice it is.

Hope you're enjoying your vacation, despite the heat.

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Mon 30 Jun, 2008 3:39 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Well, I'm not British, but the weather here could be. For the past few days it's been overcast with rain every few hours on and off. I had to wear long sleeves when I went out for a walk this morning at 7:00 AM. Does that make you feel more at home?

I think after you've been in a hot weather area for a long time, your blood must thin out or something. Your body adapts. That's why people in Florida put jackets on when it's 68ºF/20ºC and the tourists are wearing T-shirts and saying how nice it is.

Hope you're enjoying your vacation, despite the heat.

Hehe yeah sounds more like British weather there. It's been shorts and t-shirts without fail here. It's been a little too hot for me to be honest, but it's been nice to get away all the same. :)

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Mon 30 Jun, 2008 10:23 PM Quote
Hey Luke, hope you're having a good time! Looks like you haven't melted yet... just :)

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Mon 30 Jun, 2008 10:41 PM Quote
Hey Luke!

Not sure how it is that we cope with the Texas heat and humidity, but we do it somehow! It's about 97 degrees here (F of course. what's that it celcius?) hot, hot, hot!

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 9:14 PM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
I'm posting from a sweltering Cyprus. Been on hols for a couple of weeks, back on Thursday. Seems I've got some Travis tracks to catch up on...may download 'em from iTunes in a bit. :)

What's the weather like home in Britain at the moment? Cos I'll happily trade you some 35+ degree heat for a bit of chilly rain. How do you hot country people cope? :s I think even my macbook is sweating.

Btw, hope Champers and everyone who went to the Istanbul gig had a good time, sounds like you all did. :)

Have fun! Nearly the same teperature here. Slightly less. Still I want to pass out until summer goes. BUT instead heading to hometown this SUnday. Bring on the cool water of Black Sea!

And thanks, Luke. It was a BRILLIANT night with the band! Can't wait for the next time already. :-D

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 10:36 PM