Travis

Re: The Tour Date God Hates Me (The Missed Concert Thread)
mozman68
mozman68 Posted Fri 22 Aug, 2008 2:54 PM Quote
fenchurch wrote:
I can't see Supergrass cos i'm not 18!! NOOOOOO!!! Not that i'd be able to go anyway cos it'll be first week of school. Fifth year. Oh no.

Really?? So they were playing a small club??

I just saw them a couple of weeks ago when they opened for Foo Fighters. They kicked ass!

Haven't had to miss any this year so far...one more month until Weezer in Detroit!!

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Sat 23 Aug, 2008 8:43 PM Quote
mozman68 wrote:
fenchurch wrote:
I can't see Supergrass cos i'm not 18!! NOOOOOO!!! Not that i'd be able to go anyway cos it'll be first week of school. Fifth year. Oh no.

Really?? So they were playing a small club??

I just saw them a couple of weeks ago when they opened for Foo Fighters. They kicked ass!

Haven't had to miss any this year so far...one more month until Weezer in Detroit!!

Well when i looked it up on Ticketmaster it said 18+ :(
I'm very jealous of you!

Jennny
Jennny Posted Sun 05 Oct, 2008 12:58 PM Quote
another 18+ gig i can't go to, 'Teitur' comes to finland in november and the tickets cost only 13-15€. i can tell i'm really annoyed now. again.

Tonie
Tonie Posted Sun 05 Oct, 2008 2:00 PM Quote
The age thing does not affect me, thankfully. But I really should check my diary before buying tickets (Travis this Wednesday) and avoid being too ill to go out on gig nights (Duke Special Aug 29th) :(

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Sun 05 Oct, 2008 3:53 PM Quote
This pisses me off: Oasis are playing literally up the road from me the day before my birthday, when I am in Manchester.

Boooooooooooooo.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Tue 07 Oct, 2008 11:18 PM Quote
I am proud that Kansas City can say their Power & Light district is one of five places in the United States where it is legal to consume alcohol on the street without being cited. Good for you KC, BUT when this means I can't go to a free... wait let me repeat, FREE TV on the FUCKING Radio show because it will take place in that particular area and you have to be 21 because there will be alcohol about, then I'm quite pissed. I don't care about getting drunk, I just want to see TV on the Radio!!!!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 07 Oct, 2008 11:32 PM Quote
that's shite Lauren!! Are you 20?

Im due for bad luck bc i have had good concert luck over the past year and made it to shows in 4 or 5 cities. It better not strike me when Travis is in NA!

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Wed 08 Oct, 2008 2:23 AM Quote
Bad Veins played in L.A. last week. I didn't even know until today! :(

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Wed 08 Oct, 2008 3:42 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
that's shite Lauren!! Are you 20?

I turned 20 on August 9th.

juuuli
juuuli Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 7:30 PM Quote
Bloc Party will be playing in Finland for the first time ever in February and I won't be here because I'm going to Scotland in January. Just my luck. However, they are playing in Glasgow on January 26th so I might change my travel plans and spend a few day in Glasgow before going to Aberdeen. Sooooooo, all hope is not lost.

Jennny
Jennny Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 9:57 PM Quote
juuuli wrote:
Bloc Party will be playing in Finland for the first time ever in February and I won't be here because I'm going to Scotland in January. Just my luck. However, they are playing in Glasgow on January 26th so I might change my travel plans and spend a few day in Glasgow before going to Aberdeen. Sooooooo, all hope is not lost.

just thought i'd come here to tell that this time the tour date god does not hate me, for the same reason why juuli feels hated. BLOC PARTY :----------------) finally finally something good dares to come and play in finland!

kiwi
kiwi Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 10:10 PM Quote
I won tickets to The Futureheads in 2005, my mother wouldn't let me go. Hmph.

I also won tickets to Maximo Park in 2006 in Limerick, but had to fly to Australia the day before. WHY GOD WHY!

And then 3 months after I left the UK, New Order played with support from Maximo Park. New Order are now broken up so I am very not happy.

Whenever I live in a country or city there's no good bands coming for months, nay, years on end, but as soon as I've left they all decide to put dates on. Wankers.

kiwi
kiwi Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 10:13 PM Quote
Jennny wrote:
juuuli wrote:

just thought i'd come here to tell that this time the tour date god does not hate me, for the same reason why juuli feels hated. BLOC PARTY :----------------) finally finally something good dares to come and play in finland!

I feel the pain. Don't remind me of Bloc Party, sniff, I had tickets to them supported by FOALS!! and THE RAKES!! at the Ally Pally, but I couldn't go. That wasn't technically the tour date god's fault, but it is still painful for me.

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 4:53 PM