Travis

The Tour Date God Hates Me (The Missed Concert Thread)
ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Sun 29 Jun, 2008 9:49 PM Quote
So I think you guys have heard some of my unfortunate tales of missed concerts. Since I go to school a ways away from my house, it makes it hard. Whenever there's a show I want to go to, they are usually playing in Kansas when I'm in DC, or playing in DC when I'm in Kansas. You guys heard me rant about Radiohead, then Coldplay had to rearrange their tour dates so the DC show is happening when I'm still in KS and the KS show is happening when I'm in DC. Then Spoon. Then The Swell Season came, the day before my flight home. And the latest addition to my bad concert karma is... Vampire Weekend. They are coming to Lawrence, KS on September 11th. Checked their website and they aren't coming to DC anytime soon. Hot dammit.

This is a support group. Anyone want to group hug?

Re: The Tour Date God Hates Me (The Missed Concert Thread)
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sun 29 Jun, 2008 10:39 PM Quote
(Pat, pat, pat on the back.) I found out about a group called Travis, perhaps you've heard of them, on July 14, 2007. (I know this, because I wrote it down in my blog--the nice song I had heard a while back [WDIAROM] was by a group named Travis.) Had I taken the time to research the group at that time, I could have been at the concert in Detroit FOUR DAYS LATER. But Noooooo. I decided to wait until SEPTEMBER to look them up.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 30 Jun, 2008 12:46 AM Quote
I'm not too thrilled with the upcoming Radiohead show, it'll be in Golden Gate Park but they are gonna play after dark . Leaving that show will be hell ,lots of little valleys to stumble in plus the homeless junky incampments here and there . If you're a vendor, and good chance i'll be vending , you'll have to get there at 8 AM then move your vehicle but can't move it back to collect your table and wares untill all the patrons have left . As there is a another show the next day by a different band it means another 8 AM set up .

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 30 Jun, 2008 12:53 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
So I think you guys have heard some of my unfortunate tales of missed concerts. Since I go to school a ways away from my house, it makes it hard. Whenever there's a show I want to go to, they are usually playing in Kansas when I'm in DC, or playing in DC when I'm in Kansas. You guys heard me rant about Radiohead, then Coldplay had to rearrange their tour dates so the DC show is happening when I'm still in KS and the KS show is happening when I'm in DC. Then Spoon. Then The Swell Season came, the day before my flight home. And the latest addition to my bad concert karma is... Vampire Weekend. They are coming to Lawrence, KS on September 11th. Checked their website and they aren't coming to DC anytime soon. Hot dammit.

This is a support group. Anyone want to group hug?

Oohh Lauren! That must be so frustrating! *Hugs*
If it's any consolation, many of the bands I like never even came to my country. As for the others, I had to wait several years to finally see them live. Living in a third world country sucks! (Although there are much heavier reasons for that statement than gigs).

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 30 Jun, 2008 2:44 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
(Pat, pat, pat on the back.) I found out about a group called Travis, perhaps you've heard of them, on July 14, 2007. (I know this, because I wrote it down in my blog--the nice song I had heard a while back [WDIAROM] was by a group named Travis.) Had I taken the time to research the group at that time, I could have been at the concert in Detroit FOUR DAYS LATER. But Noooooo. I decided to wait until SEPTEMBER to look them up.

:( We could have pogoed together! Don't fret! We will this fall when they come back!!! :D

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 30 Jun, 2008 3:21 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

that is heartbreaking.

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Mon 30 Jun, 2008 5:46 AM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
I'm not too thrilled with the upcoming Radiohead show, it'll be in Golden Gate Park but they are gonna play after dark . Leaving that show will be hell ,lots of little valleys to stumble in plus the homeless junky incampments here and there . If you're a vendor, and good chance i'll be vending , you'll have to get there at 8 AM then move your vehicle but can't move it back to collect your table and wares untill all the patrons have left . As there is a another show the next day by a different band it means another 8 AM set up .

And the fact that it is $$$

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Mon 30 Jun, 2008 6:15 PM Quote
Being under 18 causes a lot of problems for me. I almost missed Travis last year cos their show in Dublin was in an over 18s venue :( luckily the show in Belfast wasn't, but, living in Cork it did mean i had to go the whole way across the country to get to it! Only 11 months and this won't be a problem though! :)

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Fri 04 Jul, 2008 2:17 AM Quote
More to the story...

MGMT
We Are Scientists
Grizzly Bear

I'm sure there are more to come.

Liz_77
Liz_77 Posted Sun 06 Jul, 2008 3:53 AM Quote
Aside from missing the latest Cure show (I never miss a Cure show!!!) due to finances, I missed Sigur Ros last time they came around because the show was on the same night as the Coldplay show, which I had tickets to. Really sucks not being able to be in 2 places at once sometimes.

SIGH...I'm just praying that SR will come through somewhere nearby me on this tour, but I'm starting to get worried!!! ugh...

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 15 Jul, 2008 3:47 AM Quote
the Vaselines just played NYC , new jersey and washington state only

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5HmLWf1SJQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osunKLC7ZIk

Ist US shows ever

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Wed 23 Jul, 2008 7:01 AM Quote
Another tale, of woe is Lauren.

Gnarls Barkley just cancelled their date here because of poor ticket sales. Who's keeping track? Anyone? What number is this for Lauren?

Jennny
Jennny Posted Wed 23 Jul, 2008 6:14 PM Quote
Can't go and see 'Kings of Convenience' at a festival in Finland 'cause i'm not 18. Sheit. Why put an age limit to a festival? Or maybe i know why when we talk about finnish festivals but still, why that festival? I'm annoyed!

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Thu 24 Jul, 2008 10:06 PM Quote
I can't see Supergrass cos i'm not 18!! NOOOOOO!!! Not that i'd be able to go anyway cos it'll be first week of school. Fifth year. Oh no.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 22 Aug, 2008 1:46 PM Quote
http://www.attblueroom.com/music/Outside-Lands-Music-Festival/more-information.php

simalcast of the outside lands fest for this weekend . radiohead is tonight

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:08 PM