Travis

Re: Just recieved J.Smith 10
TheInvisibleBoy
TheInvisibleBoy Posted Sat 28 Jun, 2008 5:09 PM Quote
I've heard them both but I was in the room trying to listen to them while everyone was watching cricket on TV because that's where the player is. From what I've heard they are both great! I've just stuck them both on again now and told my brother to turn the cricket down lol. Get up is a great lively song, love the drumming in it and the little guitar melody in the back, the lyrics are really great, Fran's singing is amazing in it, very catchy! Everything in the song is great. Sarah is a softer song and as with Get Up the lyrics are great again. It is a relaxing sort of song compared to the lively Get Up. I love the bit where the guitar stops and you can hear Claes on the piano as Fran sings "where are you going tonight dressed like a rag doll with holes in your tights..."

All in all two amazing songs to go with the amazing J. Smith, so three amazing songs on one limited edition, signed vinyl! Thanks Travis! =]

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 28 Jun, 2008 5:18 PM Quote
I'll be interested to hear Get Up recorded. My least favourite of the new songs live. Maybe Friends. Though I love the start! Not heard Sarah of course though. Can't wait to hear that!!! :)

I won't be listening to it like that. I'll be putting them on my iPod, going into my room, waiting until I won't be disturbed and then listening. I always listen to my new albums for the first time in bed. Can't ruin them by listening on the bus or something.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sat 28 Jun, 2008 5:23 PM Quote
TheInvisibleBoy wrote:
I've heard them both but I was in the room trying to listen to them while everyone was watching cricket on TV because that's where the player is. From what I've heard they are both great! I've just stuck them both on again now and told my brother to turn the cricket down lol. Get up is a great lively song, love the drumming in it and the little guitar melody in the back, the lyrics are really great, Fran's singing is amazing in it, very catchy! Everything in the song is great. Sarah is a softer song and as with Get Up the lyrics are great again. It is a relaxing sort of song compared to the lively Get Up. I love the bit where the guitar stops and you can hear Claes on the piano as Fran sings "where are you going tonight dressed like a rag doll with holes in your tights..."

All in all two amazing songs to go with the amazing J. Smith, so three amazing songs on one limited edition, signed vinyl! Thanks Travis! =]

Thank youuu!!! :o)

moominbadger
moominbadger Posted Sat 28 Jun, 2008 5:44 PM Quote
grrr...waited in for the postman but mine didn't arrive today...oh well, it'd better turn up on Monday!

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sat 28 Jun, 2008 5:45 PM Quote
My Dad decided to try our record player out for the first time in years the other day, so I can play it, I just don't have it! :(

yuriblury
yuriblury Posted Sat 28 Jun, 2008 9:45 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
TheInvisibleBoy wrote:

yes!! Thank you!!!

AWFUL thing to do....WAITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i guess mine will take more...it has to cross the atlantic lol

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sat 28 Jun, 2008 10:50 PM Quote
I didn't get mine today and haven't had an email either :(

Did you order from recordstore?

moominbadger
moominbadger Posted Sat 28 Jun, 2008 11:03 PM Quote
Somewhere Else wrote:
I didn't get mine today and haven't had an email either :(

Did you order from recordstore?

Yup!

Joanna Hanner
Joanna Hanner Posted Sat 28 Jun, 2008 11:11 PM Quote

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 28 Jun, 2008 11:14 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
TheInvisibleBoy wrote:

Yes! Thanks so much!!! :)

Craigyboy
Craigyboy Posted Sat 28 Jun, 2008 11:57 PM Quote
i would have recieved my copy today if my mum had got to the dorr in time as i was at work, just have to go down the sorting office on monday at 7am sharp and pick it up now! :(

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sun 29 Jun, 2008 12:18 AM Quote
Craigyboy wrote:
i would have recieved my copy today if my mum had got to the dorr in time as i was at work, just have to go down the sorting office on monday at 7am sharp and pick it up now! :(

Well at least you know you have it. :)

Craigyboy
Craigyboy Posted Sun 29 Jun, 2008 12:28 AM Quote
Yea thats true, i'm sure i'll survive for 30 so hours till i go get it lol

RadioMad
RadioMad Posted Sun 29 Jun, 2008 6:11 PM Quote
It's out TODAY through 7digital.co.uk

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sun 29 Jun, 2008 6:19 PM Quote