Travis

Miss you
sorry angel
sorry angel Posted Fri 27 Jun, 2008 2:41 PM Quote
that's all!
No time for playing with you guys but thinking of you often and hoping you lot is having some goood time chatting along on ze board.

Re: Miss you
SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Fri 27 Jun, 2008 3:11 PM Quote
We're missing you too, Sophie! How's little Clyde doing? I bet he's a bundle of fun now!

sorry angel
sorry angel Posted Fri 27 Jun, 2008 4:13 PM Quote
depends when my dear...changing nappies with diarrhea isn't that fun even when it's your baby! But better when it's yours than someone else's of course.
Yes back to real stuff : he's really adorable and cute, just me still very tired and finding it difficult to get my energy back...not to mention my shape(s).
How's life in your insurance land? Just added you on FB BTW.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 27 Jun, 2008 4:36 PM Quote
sorry angel wrote:
depends when my dear...changing nappies with diarrhea isn't that fun even when it's your baby! But better when it's yours than someone else's of course.
Yes back to real stuff : he's really adorable and cute, just me still very tired and finding it difficult to get my energy back...not to mention my shape(s).

Sorry about the diapers. I know that's no fun. Hope you can get a break soon and get some you time. That can help your energy level.

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Fri 27 Jun, 2008 5:13 PM Quote
sorry angel wrote:

Aww! My sister, Mary is just now going through and learning all of that herself now!
Insurance land for me is very busy this time of year. We do insurance for school districts, so with the new school year coming up, we've got lots of work to do. But, I'm busy, which makes the day go by faster!
Thank you for the add...and I hope things get easier for you...finding your energy and all!

sorry angel
sorry angel Posted Fri 27 Jun, 2008 5:15 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
sorry angel wrote:

oî love, indeedy, started the ME time yesterday with a baby sitter for 4 h and what did I do? Housewife shopping innit!! Really I'm gonna start a desperate housewive thread. I'm ok, just not too well, but very very happy with Mr Clyde that's for sure...but also not so on top form, but don't want to talk about that right now.
How's life on ze board? what's up or even new?

Sorry about the diapers. I know that's no fun. Hope you can get a break soon and get some you time. That can help your energy level.

sorry angel
sorry angel Posted Fri 27 Jun, 2008 5:19 PM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:
sorry angel wrote:

Aww! My sister, Mary is just now going through and learning all of that herself now!
Insurance land for me is very busy this time of year. We do insurance for school districts, so with the new school year coming up, we've got lots of work to do. But, I'm busy, which makes the day go by faster!
Thank you for the add...and I hope things get easier for you...finding your energy and all!

Make sure you help her as much as you can - it's quite hard and one doesn't want to ask for the help cause it looks like you're not a good mother but in fact you need the help just to rest a bit. Also it can be difficult on the moral and that's another tricky one cause you feel shit about yourself for not feeling soooooo happy on the longer run but then that's post partum depression for you!! So help her as much as you can, if you can.

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Fri 27 Jun, 2008 5:40 PM Quote
sorry angel wrote:
Make sure you help her as much as you can - it's quite hard and one doesn't want to ask for the help cause it looks like you're not a good mother but in fact you need the help just to rest a bit. Also it can be difficult on the moral and that's another tricky one cause you feel shit about yourself for not feeling soooooo happy on the longer run but then that's post partum depression for you!! So help her as much as you can, if you can.

I'm afraid I can't be of much help to her...she lives in a different state. So far away! We're trying to convince her to move back ;)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 27 Jun, 2008 6:26 PM Quote
sorry angel wrote:

I hear you. Ask for help as much as you can. I struggled a lot with the "but I'm supposed to be happy" thing because I most definitely wasn't. It didn't help that people kept saying "isn't this just the best??" and I wanted to say NO.

But then they think you are some heartless ice queen. I had bad PPD with my first and unfortunately a much worse case the second. I had to get 24/7 help for a few weeks when I hit my lowest point the second time because I really wasn't functioning well.

Hence, why we only have two. Doctors said it would be even worse a third time. : (

Anyway I don't feel comfortable talking about it beyond vague terms in a public setting because those were some hard times but I am always happy to talk one-on-one.

sorry angel
sorry angel Posted Sat 28 Jun, 2008 7:37 AM Quote
weirdmom wrote:

I hear you. Ask for help as much as you can. I struggled a lot with the "but I'm supposed to be happy" thing because I most definitely wasn't. It didn't help that people kept saying "isn't this just the best??" and I wanted to say NO.

But then they think you are some heartless ice queen. I had bad PPD with my first and unfortunately a much worse case the second. I had to get 24/7 help for a few weeks when I hit my lowest point the second time because I really wasn't functioning well.

Hence, why we only have two. Doctors said it would be even worse a third time. : (

Anyway I don't feel comfortable talking about it beyond vague terms in a public setting because those were some hard times but I am always happy to talk one-on-one.

Well you've pretty much described what I'm going through right now...and I'll be straight forward : I took my first antidepression pill last night!
Life is fantastic, I'm over the moon with Clyde and the happiness he is bringing but PPD is just something else. The death of my friend Pascal has affected me a lot, and I haven't said before but he commited suicide so that was a bigger hurt...and of course we'll never know why. A lot of mixed feelings.
But we have le board et les amigos boardiesxx

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sat 28 Jun, 2008 3:54 PM Quote
sorry angel wrote:
weirdmom wrote:

Well you've pretty much described what I'm going through right now...and I'll be straight forward : I took my first antidepression pill last night!
Life is fantastic, I'm over the moon with Clyde and the happiness he is bringing but PPD is just something else. The death of my friend Pascal has affected me a lot, and I haven't said before but he commited suicide so that was a bigger hurt...and of course we'll never know why. A lot of mixed feelings.
But we have le board et les amigos boardiesxx

I think PPD is so biologically based that medication is needed to help your body get back in balance. The second time around I also had a fantastic counselor and the combo really helped me figure a lot of stuff out.

I am living proof that you can recover from it and everyone be totally fine. Kids are great, I'm great. It was a bad time but if you deal with it it's not going to be for the rest of your life.

bara
bara Posted Tue 01 Jul, 2008 2:22 PM Quote
Missing you guys, too.

i can understand. i also havent much time for being around here.

lovely board, nevertheless ^^

hugs
b

deebee
deebee Posted Tue 01 Jul, 2008 5:40 PM Quote
Oh Sophie (((()))) You're having it rough at the moment. I had a terrible time with my first and then much better the 2nd time (reversal of Anne's situation) It's a horrible thing to go through but you have to cling on to the outside world and not retreat into yourself. The internet is a life-saver (was for me anyway) so make sure you come back on here, if you can, when you need a chat. Sending you a big hug.
If you didn't live so far away, I'd pop round for a cup of tea but it'll have to be a virtual one instead.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 7:19 PM