Travis

Interview with Neil in Daily Newspaper
Delia24Oct07
Delia24Oct07 Posted Wed 25 Jun, 2008 9:00 AM Quote
Yesterday there was an interview in our evening paper, for those who understand German it might be informatif, I'll try to translate it later:

Hallo Neil, wobei störe ich gerade?

Sie stören überhaupt nicht. Ich habe meine morgendliche Joggingrunde schon hinter mir und mit den Mädchen gefrühstückt. Jetzt bin ich fit für den Tag.

Wie alt sind Ihre Töchter?
Sechs und acht. Moment, ich muss sie schnell verabschieden. Sie müssen zur Schule.

Wie und wo leben Sie?

Mit meiner Frau und den Kindern auf dem Land, aus­serhalb von Glasgow. Mir war es immer wichtig, trotz des Erfolgs mit der Band ein ganz normales, gesundes Leben zu führen.

Trotzdem wären Sie vor sechs Jahren bei einem Unfall beinahe ums Leben gekommen. Was genau war passiert?

Ich schlug bei einem Kopfsprung auf dem Boden eines Pools auf. Meine Wirbelsäule war mehrfach gebrochen. Wie durch ein Wunder habe ich überlebt – und bin nicht querschnittgelähmt, wie die Ärzte befürchtet hatten. Schlimm war es vor allem für meine Frau, die damals schwanger war mit unserer zweiten Tochter.

Wie hat Sie dieses Erlebnis geprägt?

Ich denke, dass ich heute fokussierter bin und das Leben bewusster geniesse. Die Zeit ist so knapp, ich mache nur noch das, was mir wirklich wichtig ist.

Sie waren im Februar mit der Band im Studio. Wie klingt das neue Album?

Die neuen Songs sind roher und rockiger, weniger poppig als bisher. Aber immer noch sehr melodiös.

Travis gibt es schon seit 18 Jahren. Was hält die Band zusammen?

Wir nehmen die Arbeit und den Erfolg sehr easy, analysieren nicht zu viel und hocken nicht die ganze Zeit aufeinander. Jeder hat sein eigenes Leben, mit Frau und Kindern. Fran, der Sänger, ist soeben nach Berlin umgezogen. Wir halten uns alle vom Rummel des Business fern.

Britische Bands sind bekannt für ihre Exzesse. Hat der Rock´n´Roll-Lifestyle gar keinen Reiz für Sie?

Nicht im Geringsten. Ich möchte nicht mit Amy Winehouse tauschen.

Sie kommen im Juli für ein Konzert nach ­Montreux. Wie ist Ihre Beziehung zur Schweiz?

Ich mag die Schweiz sehr. Sie ist so sauber. Ordnung ist wichtig. Ich mag keine schmutzigen Menschen. Doch, ich könnte mir vorstellen, in der Schweiz zu leben.

Re: Interview with Neil in Daily Newspaper
velvet
velvet Posted Wed 25 Jun, 2008 11:11 AM Quote
O, yeah! Please translate! Be so kind!!! I understand german a litlle bit, but not so good to understand everything!

Delia24Oct07
Delia24Oct07 Posted Wed 25 Jun, 2008 12:09 PM Quote
So, here you are, please do not blame me for all the mistakes, I'm not that good in translation.... sorry.

Hi Neil, am I disturbing you?

No, not at all. I finished my daily jogging and had breakfast with the girls, now I’m ready for the day.

How old are your daughters?

Six and eight. Just a moment, I’ve to see them off, they’re going to school.

How and where do you live?

With my wife and my daughters on the countryside beyond Glasgow. It was always important to me to live a normal, healthy life but for the success with the band.

And although you nearly died six years ago in an accident. What happened exactly?

I impacted during a header on the ground of a pool. My spinal column was several times broken. As by a miracle I survived - and am not paraplegic, as the physicians had feared. It was bad particularly for my wife, at that time she was pregnant with our second daughter.

How did this experience shape you?

I think that I am more focused today and the life enjoys consciously. The time is so limited, I make only what is really important to me.

You were in the studio with the band in February .How will the new album be?

The new song are more roughly and more rocky, less poppy than so far. But still very melodious.

Travis exists already for 18 years. What holds you together?

We take the work and success easy, analyze not too much and do not squat not the whole time one on the other. Everyone has its own life, with woman and children. Fran, the singer, has just moved to Berlin. We keep ourselves away from the entire bustle of the Business.

British bands are admitted for their excesses. Has the Rock´n´Roll lifestyle no attraction for you?

Not the slightest. I would not like to change with Amy Winehouse.

You come to Montreux in July for a concert. How do you feel about Switzerland?

I like Switzerland very much. It is so clean. Order is important. I do not like dirty people. Well, I could imagine living in Switzerland.

Thanks, Neil, it's lovely you like Switzerland! ;)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 25 Jun, 2008 12:22 PM Quote
Thank you for the translation. :) Nice interview. We don't hear from Neil enough. I said recently the age of his daughters. I wasn't sure but I think I said those ages. :)

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Wed 25 Jun, 2008 1:00 PM Quote
Always good to see a little interview now and again.

velvet
velvet Posted Wed 25 Jun, 2008 1:02 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Thank you for the translation. :) Nice interview. We don't hear from Neil enough. I said recently the age of his daughters. I wasn't sure but I think I said those ages. :)

Agree!!!!
We hear not enough from Neil! I think it's because he is the most family-oriented and calm from all of them. But maybe i'm wrong!!!

Delia24Oct07
Delia24Oct07 Posted Wed 25 Jun, 2008 1:10 PM Quote
Ha, when he's coming to Montreux, I'm gonna wait for him all the night long because I didn't see him in Zurich. Everytime I hear or read the word "Montreux" now, I'm starting to smile!

silvella
silvella Posted Wed 25 Jun, 2008 1:20 PM Quote
Thank you so much!!!

Vielen Dank, daß du das Interview gepostet hast! Das spiegelt nur meine Meinung von ihm und der Band wieder. Übrigens sieht Neil auf dem Foto von der J.Smith-Mail richtig klasse aus!! Sorry, alle natürlich... Travis rockz!

http://i40.servimg.com/u/f40/12/20/88/81/j_smit10.jpg

daytimeoyster
daytimeoyster Posted Thu 26 Jun, 2008 4:18 AM Quote
oh Fran has finally moved to Berlin

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Thu 26 Jun, 2008 8:07 AM Quote
First he take Manhattan .....Then he take Berlin

Can anyone translate this for me please :

Was die Attentäter betrifft, die in Berlin den Anschlag auf die Deutsch-Arabische Gesellschaft verübt haben, ist die Polizei einen Schritt weiter gekommen. Die jetzt nach dem Anschlag...

Always wanted to know what it meant

( From Famous blue raincoat - Leonard Cohen/ Jennifer Warnes)

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 12:53 AM