Travis

Re: Elbow
Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Sat 11 Oct, 2008 11:42 PM Quote
For the record I'm still liking this album more and more. I particularly like Grounds For Divorce, Mirrorball, One Day Like This and Weather To Fly. If I were to get another Elbow CD, which one should I buy?

Tonie
Tonie Posted Sun 12 Oct, 2008 1:26 AM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
If I were to get another Elbow CD, which one should I buy?

They're all 3 pretty special albums.

In chronological order:

Asleep at the Back
Cast of Thousands
Leaders of the Free World

I can only recommend a full back catalogue. I tried to rank them and can't. Sorry.

And for the record, tonight was astonishing. One of the most amazing gigs I have ever been to, ever... And there have been many. It was a total privilege. Anyone who has tickets for this tour and hasn't seen them yet, oh boy, you are getting a real treat. Words are inadequate. And that's from someone who always has something to say!

Can't wait til Monday's repeat!

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sun 12 Oct, 2008 11:59 AM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
For the record I'm still liking this album more and more. I particularly like Grounds For Divorce, Mirrorball, One Day Like This and Weather To Fly. If I were to get another Elbow CD, which one should I buy?

You can get them each for £2.99 on Play or nearly as good on Amazon, so why not get them all?

Incidentally the Truro gig was great, a different experience to the Travis show four days before and the crowd were so loud, it was unbelievable! Loved the general banter and the songs were good too :D

Tonie
Tonie Posted Sun 12 Oct, 2008 5:47 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
Incidentally the Truro gig was great, a different experience to the Travis show four days before and the crowd were so loud, it was unbelievable! Loved the general banter and the songs were good too :D

Best news I've heard today. So glad that you got there, and even more glad that you enjoyed it so much :)

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Fri 30 Jan, 2009 6:06 PM Quote
Thought I'd post a reminder that tomorrow Radio 2 are broadcasting the Seldon Seen Kid with an orchestra performance which will almost certainly be sumptuous and spectacular. 9-10 pm, Radio 2, Saturday evening. Listen!

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Fri 30 Jan, 2009 6:39 PM Quote
I saw a documentary about this band on the tele the other night. I'm gonna get into their music, they sound really cool!

mili
mili Posted Fri 30 Jan, 2009 6:59 PM Quote
I can recommend Elbow, got the latest one first and then the rest from Amazon. Amazing stuff.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Fri 30 Jan, 2009 7:08 PM Quote
I really like what I hear! One Day Like This is very beautiful =)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 30 Jan, 2009 10:29 PM Quote
Thought I'd post a reminder that tomorrow Radio 2 are broadcasting the Seldon Seen Kid with an orchestra performance which will almost certainly be sumptuous and spectacular. 9-10 pm, Radio 2, Saturday evening. Listen!

I'm really looking forward to it. It's going to be amazing! :)

Tonie
Tonie Posted Sat 31 Jan, 2009 8:35 AM Quote

Well said! There's also going to be a documentary on 6music straight afterwards.

Any UK types with sky plus can get the broadcast on tv, using the red "anytime" button from midnight tonight.

Happy days! :)

kiwi
kiwi Posted Sat 31 Jan, 2009 4:54 PM Quote
*bump* haha...

Defo going to listen to that, if I can find BBC2 on my radio... I only listen to 1 usually :S.

Some say the Mercury's are pointless.. but with Brit nominations, and the exposure to wider audiences I'd say that's just not true... I'm very proud of them!

Still debating whether or not to see them here in Bourney... hope I decide before tickets go...

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sat 31 Jan, 2009 9:46 PM Quote
Bump again :)

Sorry if you're not an Elbow fan, but if you are it's on now so I hope you're listening! Here if not. Intimate and epic and musically incredible.

kiwi wrote:
Still debating whether or not to see them here in Bourney... hope I decide before tickets go...

I couldn't decide whether to go to their last tour but I ended up getting a ticket and it was fantastic. Their music has a beautiful clarity and purity that comes out live and the audience was as lively as any gig I've been to. Finally, Guy is a great storyteller and generally great bloke.

EDIT: Some Riot's just come on, bloody amazing live.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sun 01 Feb, 2009 1:07 AM Quote
It was amazing James. I listened in my room, lights down, headphones on. Was incredible. You can order the CD/DVD through their website. :)

mili
mili Posted Sun 01 Feb, 2009 9:57 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
It was amazing James. I listened in my room, lights down, headphones on. Was incredible. You can order the CD/DVD through their website. :)

Thanks for the tip!

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Sun 01 Feb, 2009 9:31 PM Quote
Just listened to it on iplayer now. Wow. Awesome as expected. :)

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:00 PM