Travis

Re: Viva la Vida...Thoughts?
TheInvisibleBoy
TheInvisibleBoy Posted Tue 17 Jun, 2008 1:45 PM Quote
bara wrote:
seen this yet?

click

xD

I remember seeing this a while back but I never really knew what to make of it, I didn't like it too much but now that I've seen it again and I think, in my opinion what they are trying to show then I think it might actually be a good video. My opinion of it is that it shows all these politicians having fun, dancing, singing and stuff but then it shows the soldiers, the armies, it shows little clips of them having fun but mainly shooting guns, marching, participating in war. I think it is about how politicians say stuff whereas the soldiers do it, the politicians take all the fame or hate depending on how they are viewed but the soldiers don't get any sense of fame, especially those who have died. It shows the politicians dancing and the graves of soldiers, so that may be a link. It also shows the fireworks at the end, the politicians enjoying life, celebrating but then it goes out with a bomb, signifying the end for some soldiers and shows that the politicians have no feeling as they are celebrating with the fireworks. That's how I view it anyways, suppose others will have their own views, sorry about the analysis of it too, I did media in college and it's made me analise stuff like this ever since lol.

Chiito-chan
Chiito-chan Posted Tue 17 Jun, 2008 4:18 PM Quote
I've bought 'Viva la vida or Death And All His Friends' this morning and i love it :)

iraida
iraida Posted Tue 17 Jun, 2008 9:16 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
TK23 wrote:
I really like Lost! and Viva la Vida.

Oh for Gods sake, they don't have a song called Lost do they?? Now everyone's going to think i stole that one!

DAAAAAAAAAAAAMNIT!! Haha

Paul I bet yours is way better than the Coldplay one, by the way I´m quite in love with your One Million Kisses :) it´s fantastic !!! Gracias :)

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 17 Jun, 2008 9:38 PM Quote
Well, I'm leaving work now and going to buy the Coldplay album. Peace out! ;)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 17 Jun, 2008 10:04 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Well, I'm leaving work now and going to buy the Coldplay album. Peace out! ;)

It's totally awesome Nikki. :)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 18 Jun, 2008 12:35 AM Quote
I bought the album today after work and was given a poster with it. There is a code on the back and they cashier said that if I enter it today on the website (I assumed coldplay.com, i will be entered in a contest to win concert tickets.
But...I cant find it on their site. Any ideas?
I bought it at HMV (in Canada) if that helps at all.

Ursina
Ursina Posted Wed 18 Jun, 2008 8:39 AM Quote
bara wrote:
seen this yet?

click

xD

that is very clever ! I like it!

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Wed 18 Jun, 2008 3:58 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
I bought the album today after work and was given a poster with it. There is a code on the back and they cashier said that if I enter it today on the website (I assumed coldplay.com, i will be entered in a contest to win concert tickets.

I don't know, but try the HMV website, if you haven't already. Do you like the album? :)

Esteban
Esteban Posted Wed 18 Jun, 2008 4:41 PM Quote
One of the best things about this album is the intro to Life In Technicolour and how the last track just incorporates that same intro. Really getting into this album now. Sounds great ramped up when I'm driving.

Monica
Monica Posted Wed 18 Jun, 2008 4:41 PM Quote
Bought the album this afternoon after doing my last exam and I've only listened to it once. My first impression: you know it's Coldplay because of Chris' voice, but that's it. I really like Cemeteries of London, Death And All His Friends and Viva La Vida.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 18 Jun, 2008 7:07 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
minnmess wrote:

I don't know, but try the HMV website, if you haven't already. Do you like the album? :)

Tried that last night with no luck, but thanks...
I do like the album. I had already heard it on myspace last week, but having the actual copy is much better. I need to give it a few more listens before i am prepared to give a full review. Im going on a mini roadtrip this weekend, so that shall be plently of time.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 18 Jun, 2008 8:07 PM Quote
I love every moment of it I really do. I've literally never skipped a song so far. Everytime I've listened, I've pressed play and its ran through right to the end. I think its soooooo great! So much better than I expected. Love it.

They were just on BBC2 and they were great. Chris was his usual self, and it was fantastic. :) Can't wait 'til December! :)

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 18 Jun, 2008 8:08 PM Quote
Gick !!!

Dubz

Moray
Moray Posted Wed 18 Jun, 2008 8:11 PM Quote
I just watched them on BBC2. I thought they were brilliant and the new album works really well live

Esteban
Esteban Posted Wed 18 Jun, 2008 8:42 PM Quote
Only song I can take or leave is 'Yes', goes on for far too long.

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:24 AM