Travis

Re: Viva la Vida...Thoughts?
Darran
Darran Posted Fri 13 Jun, 2008 9:22 PM Quote
I see Chris Martin went a bit loopy during an interview "live" on radio and walked out.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7452341.stm

Live as in pre recorded to go out as live.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Fri 13 Jun, 2008 9:41 PM Quote
I got it today and really like it, Viva La Vida is the best track in my opinion.

The album lacks the 'wow factor' though.

flc
flc Posted Fri 13 Jun, 2008 9:44 PM Quote

I haven't bought it yet .I just listened Violent Hill. The album seems to be excellent :)

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 13 Jun, 2008 9:55 PM Quote
Darran wrote:
I see Chris Martin went a bit loopy during an interview "live" on radio and walked out.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7452341.stm

Live as in pre recorded to go out as live.

"I always say stupid things and I think Radio 4 is the place that will most remind me of that." -- Why did he go on the show then? He just made himself look like an ass.

I haven't bought the new album yet, but I like what I've heard so far: "Viva" and "Violet Hill" -- both really cool songs.

Darran
Darran Posted Fri 13 Jun, 2008 10:11 PM Quote
I think Chris is on the verge of a breakdown, he doesn't seem to be enjoying life at the moment.

Think trying to live up to the being one of the "cool" people is driving him insane.

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Fri 13 Jun, 2008 10:25 PM Quote
I dunno, he's never been the most stable person, but it's just his personality. I think he wants to show off his music to crowds, and hasn't been able to for ages and now he's being asked lots of stupid questions by journalists he's not enjoying it. You never quite know what he's thinking...

On the wow factor front, I think this album has way more than the previous 3.

I think the album's got the same sort of rhythm and pace as the new Radiohead one, but in a very different way.

Monica
Monica Posted Sat 14 Jun, 2008 10:30 AM Quote
I don't have "Biba la Bida" (xDDDD) yet (it'll be released in Spain on Tuesday, I think) but they played last night Violet Hill live, and I thought you may like to watch it (in case you didn't) ;)

lost-angel
lost-angel Posted Sat 14 Jun, 2008 11:48 AM Quote

No plans on buying this one really. I was bit disappointed on X&Y. But if Fran thinks it’s impressive I’ll probably give it a try. And some of the boardies I trust have good reviews too so can’t wait to get one myself.

TK23 wrote:
I really like Lost!

I might even probably found my new song!

TheInvisibleBoy
TheInvisibleBoy Posted Sat 14 Jun, 2008 1:04 PM Quote
Monica wrote:
I don't have "Biba la Bida" (xDDDD) yet (it'll be released in Spain on Tuesday, I think) but they played last night Violet Hill live, and I thought you may like to watch it (in case you didn't) ;)

Thanks for that Monica, I'm sure I recorded the whole show last night, was there any interviews with them or anything? And I must say Chris' acoustic guitar looks pretty cool.

Esteban
Esteban Posted Sat 14 Jun, 2008 4:20 PM Quote
I like it, but I don't think they'll ever make a better album than A Rush Of Blood/Parachutes. Still can't decide which one of those two I like the most.

Edit :- After a couple of listens, Strawberry Swing is coming out as my favourite.

Monica
Monica Posted Sat 14 Jun, 2008 7:17 PM Quote
TheInvisibleBoy wrote:
Monica wrote:

Thanks for that Monica, I'm sure I recorded the whole show last night, was there any interviews with them or anything? And I must say Chris' acoustic guitar looks pretty cool.

You're welcome! ;) I found this and this (I don't know if it's the same cause I can't watch the second one).

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Sat 14 Jun, 2008 11:48 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:
I like it, but I don't think they'll ever make a better album than A Rush Of Blood/Parachutes. Still can't decide which one of those two I like the most.

Edit :- After a couple of listens, Strawberry Swing is coming out as my favourite.

Strawberry Swing - good choice. One of my favs too :)

I really like Parachutes, but never really 'got' A Rush Of Blood, dunno why.

It seems that quite a few people don't much like X&Y, but with the likes of Fix You, Talk, White Shadows, What If and Till Kingdom Come, I reckon it has some cool songs. It just could've done with being a bit shorter - Chris said that himself in hindsight. A couple of weaker tracks could've been knocked off the list methinks.

Ursina
Ursina Posted Mon 16 Jun, 2008 8:38 AM Quote
got it at the weekend and had a good listen.
first time round I thought eh what's this ? but after another go, it's truly brilliant I love Life in Technicolour, how it builts up .. a perfect intro at a gig! can't wait !
Strawbery Swing is great but not too keen on Yes

I think like all with Coldplay albums you need the give it a few runs before the true beauty comes out.

Delia24Oct07
Delia24Oct07 Posted Mon 16 Jun, 2008 9:09 AM Quote
I haven't heard it yet and I know I won't buy it because I'm not very keen on Coldplay... I can't stand Chris Martin for some reason, don't know why but I can't look at him...

But I always wonder why on earth there is so much publicity for a new Coldplay record. I know they didn't do much for a few years but even then you could read about them everywhere. I don't think they're very special, do you?

Ursina
Ursina Posted Mon 16 Jun, 2008 10:38 AM Quote
Darran wrote:
I think Chris is on the verge of a breakdown, he doesn't seem to be enjoying life at the moment.

Think trying to live up to the being one of the "cool" people is driving him insane.

I don't think Chris Martin is ABLE to enjoy life that much lol he seems to worry about something or other all the time!

just read a long article about the new album in Q He seems ok though :)

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:32 AM