Travis

Re: J. Smith Limited Edition EP
deebee
deebee Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 7:37 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
maryhill_johnny wrote:
Is it only available on vinyl?

At the moment, yes. And because it's a limited release I doubt whether there'll be a CD of it. It's a bit irritating for those of us without a player, but it's in keeping with the analogue recording and stuff. Let's do a straw poll:

Who here owns a record player?

No. Still ordered it though. I've been wanting to get one since Closer came out. Haha. I will. You can buy one that converts them to Mp3. :)

Mine broke but I still wanted a copy because it's a limited edition. May get another player in the future.

deebee
deebee Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 7:40 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

No. Still ordered it though. I've been wanting to get one since Closer came out. Haha. I will. You can buy one that converts them to Mp3. :)

Yeah, I want one of those but they cost about £70 :( Maybe you'll be able to get one on ebay for less.

How much postage do Recordstore charge?

Couple of pounds. £2.55

Bah, it's costing me over 5 quid to get it sent out to France. More than the bloody record itself. That's the only thing I hate about internet shopping. You get tempted by things that are sold miles away from where you live :-(

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 7:44 PM Quote
You can get a pack of batteries on amazon for about 1p or something. £9 postage!!! Ridiculous. Used to be able to anyway. I nearly fell for it.

And James, all that for £20 is brilliant! :)

irenesfor
irenesfor Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 8:00 PM Quote
Tonie wrote:
irenesfor wrote:
I've received an email now, from recordstore.co.uk, and it says that the 30th of June is its release date but it's a limited edition.... Perhaps this is the surprise....
I leave the link: http://www.recordstore.co.uk/home.jsp?wherefrom=productdetail.jsp?productPK=unittest-HsV5tCr1uyFJha4ZpN3IEb-1

Cheers!!

SSSShhhhhh there's only 1000 copies available worldwide. Don't tell anyone else until everyone's got theirs! :)

Ok!! ¬¬ It will be a secret... hehe xD

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 8:07 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:
There's a new song called Sarah too, unless it's a cover of any of these

I guess this is where I tell you about when me and my girlfriend (Sara) met Fran after the Nottingham show, he asked who to sign his autograph to on her little programme/hymn sheet thing they gave out at those shows, and she said 'Sara', and he started to tell us about the song. I hope he doesn't mind me telling you about it, apparently Fran wrote it with Claes, and it's a bit of a melancholic one. When he and Claes played it to the rest of the band, Fran was quite nervous about whether the rest of the band would like it or not. I said that it would end up being mine and Sara's break-up song, which made Fran chuckle.

I've been holding this back a while to see if the song appeared anyway, and ta daaaaa, there it is.

:) What a cool story, Esteban!

So, do you guys think this means that "J. Smith" is the first single...or are we all still thinkin' maybe "Song to Self"?

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 8:15 PM Quote
I think this is just a cool little bonus. Song To Self I still think will be the proper lead single from the album. We'll have to wait and see.

Actually, Fran, if you're reading this, what exactly is this? Will J Smith be on iTunes etc and be promoted as a proper single? Or is the first single something else later in the year? :)

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 8:16 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
You can get a pack of batteries on amazon for about 1p or something. £9 postage!!! Ridiculous. Used to be able to anyway. I nearly fell for it.

And James, all that for £20 is brilliant! :)

I know, it's great isn't it! The only snag is that it won't come until J Smith is released because that would have been £2.50 more postage :(

deebee wrote:

Bah, it's costing me over 5 quid to get it sent out to France. More than the bloody record itself. That's the only thing I hate about internet shopping. You get tempted by things that are sold miles away from where you live :-(

It's annoying because there's no choice so we can't avoid paying the stupid postage :(

Nikki wrote:
So, do you guys think this means that "J. Smith" is the first single...or are we all still thinkin' maybe "Song to Self"?

I reckon that this will be a preview for us lot, and that a different song will be released for the first single, because otherwise we won't buy it again :)

EDIT: I spent so long quoting people that Ben answered before me. At least we roughly agree :)

GMS1968
GMS1968 Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 8:30 PM Quote
maryhill_johnny wrote:

At the moment, yes. And because it's a limited release I doubt whether there'll be a CD of it. It's a bit irritating for those of us without a player, but it's in keeping with the analogue recording and stuff. Let's do a straw poll:

I got record player.
I got order placed.
I got countdown to june 30th.
Thanks for posting this irenesfor. ;-)

Strange there is no official announcement yet though / or is it?

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 8:33 PM Quote
GMS1968 wrote:

It's probably being processed by TWT as we speak, er, type. They seem to like letting us find things before putting them on the website.

irenesfor
irenesfor Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 8:36 PM Quote
GMS1968 wrote:
maryhill_johnny wrote:

I got record player.
I got order placed.
I got countdown to june 30th.
Thanks for posting this irenesfor. ;-)

You're welcome :)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 8:39 PM Quote
GMS1968 wrote:

It's probably being processed by TWT as we speak, er, type. They seem to like letting us find things before putting them on the website.

We're doing their job. We should get paid. :) hehe Maybe they think that if they officially announce it, it will get through to people who aren't real fans. This way, us lot can get it. :)

Esteban
Esteban Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 8:58 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
GMS1968 wrote:

We're doing their job. We should get paid. :) hehe Maybe they think that if they officially announce it, it will get through to people who aren't real fans. This way, us lot can get it. :)

I hope you're joking with the real fans stuff.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 9:12 PM Quote
Only in so far as it has less of a chance of getting to someone who thinks they could make a bit of money out of it. What's wrong or stupid about saying that?

Esteban
Esteban Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 9:15 PM Quote
It's neither of those two really, it's a bit elitist maybe.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 9:21 PM Quote
Well, some people just set out to make money on things like this. I don't mean people on the board, or even people who visit this site. But if it made news on the front page, it might have got out to somewhere else and people would have thought this could have been a money maker.

Its not something I feel strongly about, was just a general comment really.

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:50 PM