Travis

J. Smith Limited Edition EP
irenesfor
irenesfor Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 3:51 PM Quote
I've received an email now, from recordstore.co.uk, and it says that the 30th of June is its release date but it's a limited edition.... Perhaps this is the surprise....
I leave the link: http://www.recordstore.co.uk/home.jsp?wherefrom=productdetail.jsp?productPK=unittest-HsV5tCr1uyFJha4ZpN3IEb-1

Cheers!!

Re: J. Smith Limited Edition EP
Peewee
Peewee Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 3:52 PM Quote
ah ha, maybe!

spid
spid Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 3:53 PM Quote
hey I posted this too - snap!

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 3:54 PM Quote
oooh...did you notice the Red Phone Box label? or has this been discovered already? teehee!

I wonder if this is available to US fans...

EDIT ooh...didn't see it said, worldwide

irenesfor
irenesfor Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 3:56 PM Quote
spid wrote:
hey I posted this too - snap!

Ooops! It's true!

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 4:34 PM Quote
There's a new song called Sarah too, unless it's a cover of any of these and they can't spell :P (apart from Eskimo Joe...)

My excitement has officially begun! It's a pity it's only a taster, but does that mean it's not the first proper single and therefore Song To Self will probably be?

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 4:58 PM Quote
Right, i imagine it's real. If not, i'm in trouble because i just ordered it. Haha. :)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 5:06 PM Quote
Oh! Only 1000 available!!! Hopefully i was in the first 1000 then. I don't know if that's a lot but it doesn't sound like a lot. More than 1000 people go to see Leicester City reserves!

milos
milos Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 5:09 PM Quote
Hmm.. The artwork is similar to All I Want To Do Is Rock 10" Vinyl from 1996. You can see it here: http://travis.ography.co.uk/release_details.php?id=34;

Another interesting thing is Get Up being listed as a b-side. I guess this could mean it's not on the album anymore? Or maybe it is.. :)

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 5:23 PM Quote
milos wrote:
Hmm.. The artwork is similar to All I Want To Do Is Rock 10" Vinyl from 1996. You can see it here: http://travis.ography.co.uk/release_details.php?id=34;

Another interesting thing is Get Up being listed as a b-side. I guess this could mean it's not on the album anymore? Or maybe it is.. :)

Yeah I guess this is to draw parallels between the limited edition AIWTDIR vinyl.

Remember that album tracks can appear as b-sides too - it was the case in the Good Feeling days.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 5:23 PM Quote
milos wrote:

I noticed it there but never considered that it might be left off the album. Mmm, in my opinion it isn't a strong song, one of the album's weakest. Maybe THE weakest. I think it will be on the album. I think it's a preview for the album. :)

Esteban
Esteban Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 5:25 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
There's a new song called Sarah too, unless it's a cover of any of these

I guess this is where I tell you about when me and my girlfriend (Sara) met Fran after the Nottingham show, he asked who to sign his autograph to on her little programme/hymn sheet thing they gave out at those shows, and she said 'Sara', and he started to tell us about the song. I hope he doesn't mind me telling you about it, apparently Fran wrote it with Claes, and it's a bit of a melancholic one. When he and Claes played it to the rest of the band, Fran was quite nervous about whether the rest of the band would like it or not. I said that it would end up being mine and Sara's break-up song, which made Fran chuckle.

I've been holding this back a while to see if the song appeared anyway, and ta daaaaa, there it is.

milos
milos Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 5:27 PM Quote
I've only heard the bad quality youtube recording of Get Up, but i really like the song. It's quite different.. And i think the studio version will sound awesome! I hope it ends up on the album.

milos
milos Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 5:29 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:
I guess this is where I tell you about when me and my girlfriend (Sara) met Fran after the Nottingham show, he asked who to sign his autograph to on her little programme/hymn sheet thing they gave out at those shows, and she said 'Sara', and he started to tell us about the song. I hope he doesn't mind me telling you about it, apparently Fran wrote it with Claes, and it's a bit of a melancholic one. When he and Claes played it to the rest of the band, Fran was quite nervous about whether the rest of the band would like it or not. I said that it would end up being mine and Sara's break-up song, which made Fran chuckle.

I've been holding this back a while to see if the song appeared anyway, and ta daaaaa, there it is.

What a great story! I can't wait to hear the song.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 5:33 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
There's a new song called Sarah too, unless it's a cover of any of these

Thanks for that. That'll be the song Fran told me about here on the board i imagine. A song with a flowing piano line that he couldn't get to work not having the skill to execute it. But, he said, it now works because of Claes. He said to me that it was going to be either a b side or on album 7. I guess we have the answer. :) Can't wait to hear it.

Pages [1] 2 3 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:18 AM