Travis

June Surprises
GMS1968
GMS1968 Posted Tue 03 Jun, 2008 10:39 PM Quote
Fran says there will be some surprises on the web site this month. Yiphee, what will they be?
I wonder if it will be an early released single from the album.
You got us all guessing now Fran.
What do you think the surprises will be?

Re: June Surprises
jambut
jambut Posted Tue 03 Jun, 2008 10:51 PM Quote
where did you hear this, sounds exciting though.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 03 Jun, 2008 10:52 PM Quote
GMS1968 wrote:
Fran says there will be some surprises on the web site this month.

Where did you hear or read this?

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 03 Jun, 2008 11:05 PM Quote
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-_IHHBgBtBI Already been talked about in the Fran and Andy thread.

EDIT: It is a video of Song To Self but don't worry, if you don't want to hear the song, they don't start playing the song until a minute or so into the video.

About 1:10 listen to him! :) And turn off at 1:30 to avoid the song.

donnamarsh3
donnamarsh3 Posted Tue 03 Jun, 2008 11:30 PM Quote
can't wait !!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 04 Jun, 2008 12:03 AM Quote
Oh and in answer to your question. Haha. Er, no idea really but i imagine it'll be the release date, track listing (all that stuff confirmed) and information on the record label etc. But i can't see it being only that. The way Fran says it and even what he says suggests something bigger. I hope they don't put the whole album on MySpace or something BUT i wouldn't be surprised if they confirm Song To Self as the single and say "download here" or something. Like Coldplay and Violet Hill.

Maybe. We'll have to wait and see. I'll be keeping an eye on the site for sure. :)

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Wed 04 Jun, 2008 1:02 AM Quote
I seem to remember they put Re-Offender up on the site for download. That's was cool. I think they may have something quite innovative and interesting up their sleeve. But hey, I'd be happy with a good ol' fashioned CD from the shop.

jambut
jambut Posted Wed 04 Jun, 2008 1:58 AM Quote
ok listened to that song and wow that was pretty mind blowingly good. Gonna get lots of wierd looks humming that tomorrow during my final AS exam woow :)

Dya reckon Fran would mind if my band covered that, should prbably wait till after the release really

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Wed 04 Jun, 2008 3:38 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-_IHHBgBtBI Already been talked about in the Fran and Andy thread.

EDIT: It is a video of Song To Self but don't worry, if you don't want to hear the song, they don't start playing the song until a minute or so into the video.

Thanks for letting me know when to stop the video :)

singme0430
singme0430 Posted Wed 04 Jun, 2008 4:10 AM Quote
Wow, I really didn't know that at all!! Can't wait, can't wait. And thanks a lot for posting this thread, GMS1968, and for the link and the explanation about the video, BenFilbert. :)

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Wed 04 Jun, 2008 5:47 AM Quote
carlottarocks wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

Yes, thank you! Hahaha.
I'm excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 04 Jun, 2008 6:18 AM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
carlottarocks wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

Yes, thank you! Hahaha.
I'm excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh suuuuuuuuure, Juli! I know you watched the whole way through.

:P

I'm excited too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *does the computer room pogo*

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Wed 04 Jun, 2008 6:28 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:

Oh suuuuuuuuure, Juli! I know you watched the whole way through.

:P

I'm excited too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *does the computer room pogo*

Hahaha! Oooh I'm a sinner I know! But seriously, Song To Self and Before You Were Young are the only two songs I have never ever heard. I want it to stay that way until a proper release :o)
And I heard the rest of them twice in february. Really! And it's been weeks since I last listened to J. Smith... That's the limit of my self control, heehee! :oP
*Innocent look*

*Joins Nikki in the computer room pogo*

silvella
silvella Posted Wed 04 Jun, 2008 8:29 AM Quote
Thanks a lot, I love this song!!! But - why is the song title "Song to Self" and not "Song to MYself", which Fran sings in the song? Does anybody know?

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 04 Jun, 2008 1:42 PM Quote
silvella wrote:
Thanks a lot, I love this song!!! But - why is the song title "Song to Self" and not "Song to MYself", which Fran sings in the song? Does anybody know?

It does seem strange yes but in the blog Fran says it comes from the saying 'note to self' so that'll be why. :)

And don't thank me guys and girls, I only took the link from the Fran and Andy thread. :)

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:35 PM