Travis

Re: FAO Boardie Biscuit/Cookie Exchange Partiicpants
Lucile
Lucile Posted Sun 13 Jul, 2008 1:12 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
I got my biscuits! Actually I don't have them but I know where they are haha. I have to go pick them up. I'll do that on monday, since my sister told me they keep you there for hours before giving you your package! I hate the argentinian mail!!!!! Why don't they just deliver it to my house?? Lazy, complicated people!

Good to hear that Juli! I was getting worried they might never reach you. I hope you like what I sent! Let me know when you actually get them.

Joanna
Joanna Posted Sun 13 Jul, 2008 3:44 PM Quote
i havent read through 22 pages of this so forgive me if im stating the obvious or have missed a discussion about it but, doesn't this involve giving your address to a random person and isnt that a bit stupid?

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sun 13 Jul, 2008 6:15 PM Quote
Joanna wrote:
i havent read through 22 pages of this so forgive me if im stating the obvious or have missed a discussion about it but, doesn't this involve giving your address to a random person and isnt that a bit stupid?

Just our address, not our keys and credit card number!

My address is on a plaque on the front of my house where anyone can see it, just like everyone else's house. My phone number is in the telephone book. There are public data bases on the internet where you can look all that stuff up. I don't think someone in Spain knowing my address is a big risk. Besides, we exchanged in pairs and in private, so we know the other person's address, too. Most of us are on the message board on a daily basis and we don't really feel like complete strangers. Many are friends off the board, too. If someone were of a criminal mind, they might find a way to "get me" somehow, but I'd say the risk is greater handing my credit card to a waiter at a restaurant than having someone I don't know send me cookies. That's the way I see it. I have a new friend, I had baked goods--I'm happy.

Joanna
Joanna Posted Sun 13 Jul, 2008 8:38 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

Just our address, not our keys and credit card number!

My address is on a plaque on the front of my house where anyone can see it, just like everyone else's house. My phone number is in the telephone book. There are public data bases on the internet where you can look all that stuff up. I don't think someone in Spain knowing my address is a big risk. Besides, we exchanged in pairs and in private, so we know the other person's address, too. Most of us are on the message board on a daily basis and we don't really feel like complete strangers. Many are friends off the board, too. If someone were of a criminal mind, they might find a way to "get me" somehow, but I'd say the risk is greater handing my credit card to a waiter at a restaurant than having someone I don't know send me cookies. That's the way I see it. I have a new friend, I had baked goods--I'm happy.

fair enough. just from experience [not personal, thankfully] things which start off as an innocent friendship can lead down a dangerous path. i suppose i was thinking of the younger, more naive element of the board not just for here, but other areas of the internet.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sun 13 Jul, 2008 10:02 PM Quote
Ok Lucile! I'll go pick them up early tomorrow. I'm ready to battle for my cookies with the argentinian mail xD. Wish me luck!

About the "giving your address to a stranger" thing, I met tons of friends on the internet, some of them have become my best friends.
As for people on this board, I've received packages from 4 boardies so far, non of them with a bomb inside (well, I don't know about Lucile's package yet though ;o) )... Like Kayte said, I don't know what could someone from another country with not so honest intentions do with my address xD.

Lucile
Lucile Posted Sun 13 Jul, 2008 10:26 PM Quote
As for people on this board, I've received packages from 4 boardies so far, non of them with a bomb inside (well, I don't know about Lucile's package yet though ;o)

Haha, you can go to the post office in peace Juli, there is no bomb in my parcel! ;)

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sun 13 Jul, 2008 10:36 PM Quote
Lucile wrote:
As for people on this board, I've received packages from 4 boardies so far, non of them with a bomb inside (well, I don't know about Lucile's package yet though ;o)

Haha, you can go to the post office in peace Juli, there is no bomb in my parcel! ;)

Lol, ok. That's reassuring. I'm less worried now :oP.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sun 13 Jul, 2008 10:47 PM Quote
So if someone is playing the old prank of having pizzas delivered to your house every hour, it may not be your neighborhoods kids. It could be your biscuit/cookie exchange partner!! Dun dun duuuuuuuuuuh! (evil suspense music)

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Mon 14 Jul, 2008 1:48 AM Quote

About the "giving your address to a stranger" thing, I met tons of friends on the internet, some of them have become my best friends.
As for people on this board, I've received packages from 4 boardies so far, non of them with a bomb inside.

Darn! So, you didn't receive my bomb? My malicious plan of sending a bomb to Argentina didn't work out xD. The funniest thing about it is that even when I told you I was probably going to send you a bomb, you gave me you address anyway lol! :oP

Yes, I give my address too. I don't know how someone of another place could do something to harm me, besides of sending pizza to my place xD. I don't know either how could someone spend a lot of money to send something harmful to anyone, I wouldn't waste my money like that heehee :oP.
Maybe I'm too naive xD.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 14 Jul, 2008 4:15 AM Quote
bogusblue wrote:

As for people on this board, I've received packages from 4 boardies so far, non of them with a bomb inside.

Darn! So, you didn't receive my bomb? My malicious plan of sending a bomb to Argentina didn't work out xD. The funniest thing about it is that even when I told you I was probably going to send you a bomb, you gave me you address anyway lol! :oP

Yes, I give my address too. I don't know how someone of another place could do something to harm me, besides of sending pizza to my place xD. I don't know either how could someone spend a lot of money to send something harmful to anyone, I wouldn't waste my money like that heehee :oP.
Maybe I'm too naive xD.

Sending a bomb would be way to expensive! Im pretty cheap!

I kinda gave it a thought before giving my address and then went "oh well, Travis fans arent bad people!"

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 14 Jul, 2008 4:26 AM Quote
Haha, you're right Almond. We did have a talk about bombs in packages xD.

I think I'd be more worried to give someone my address if it was someone from my city or country...

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Mon 14 Jul, 2008 6:45 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:

Sending a bomb would be way to expensive! Im pretty cheap!

Yeah, I mean, sometimes it's way too heavy, and I'm not willing to pay too much for sending it to the other side of the country, not to mention the other side of the world :oP. I guess we better stop the bomb conversation, I'm starting to freak out heehee :oP.

Of course, Kristy, we're not bad people at all... we just want to spend the rest of your life with you (just kidding of course :oP). Actually we are very good people, plus we send lots of tasty cookies/biscuits to make other people happy :o).

Just like Juli, I would be more afraid if I give my address to someone of my own city or country, I can't even give my phone number so easily to some of the people I know, even when I meet them face to face :oP.

Joanna
Joanna Posted Mon 14 Jul, 2008 8:22 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
So if someone is playing the old prank of having pizzas delivered to your house every hour, it may not be your neighborhoods kids. It could be your biscuit/cookie exchange partner!! Dun dun duuuuuuuuuuh! (evil suspense music)

Looks like im too old for this cookie business anyway, judging by the replies.
seriously though, this whole 'dont give your address to strangers' thing cant be said enough. one lass a few years ago posted her whole address on the board just for the hell of it [and yes, it really was her real home address not a fake]. There are some thick people out there, believe me.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 14 Jul, 2008 10:03 PM Quote
Joanna wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Hey now...Kayte (aka Turtleneck) is one of our most mature boardies. She was only joking. Oh, and you're never too old for cookies.

I can understand your concern, but I think we'll be fine. :) Thanks.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Mon 14 Jul, 2008 10:51 PM Quote
Joanna wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

seriously though, this whole 'dont give your address to strangers' thing cant be said enough. one lass a few years ago posted her whole address on the board just for the hell of it [and yes, it really was her real home address not a fake]. There are some thick people out there, believe me.

We didn't post any addresses on the board it was all sent private email and to ONE person! Any how I completely trust Anne (not to send me pizzas)!!! LOL Jeez she's been on tv infront of a judge and all....I think she's safe!!! lmao

Did you never have a penpal when you were younger???

Same difference really.

Pages Previous 1...18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:27 AM