Travis

My New Venture @ Work!
Peewee
Peewee Posted Mon 02 Jun, 2008 10:40 PM Quote
Ok so some of you might know I have a little bit of dressing up to do again but hey I thought I would share my work adventures with you all! lol

At the end of June I get to dress up as a Pirate Princess all weekend! I'm soooooo excited. It's a part of the BBC RAW campaign (basically encourages parents/adults literacy numeracy and to read to their kids). So in Belfast there are going to be huge tents and in one of them I will be prancing about in my glory reading stories, doing rhymetimes and crafts with the kids and encouraging them to join the library! sooooooooooooooo much fun! God I love my job!!!

And I get super pay for it! woohoo. lol

Re: My New Venture @ Work!
Darran
Darran Posted Mon 02 Jun, 2008 10:42 PM Quote
Yaaaaaaaaaaar.

If this is a BBC thing will Newsline be popping down to see you perform.

Yaaaar me hearties.

My new venture at work is getting out of it.

dee
dee Posted Mon 02 Jun, 2008 10:43 PM Quote
sounds deadly!
i'm delighted that you get paid to do something that you clearly enjoy so much:)
photos will be essential btw!
fingers crossed i will have a career ahead of me that i can enjoy as much

Peewee
Peewee Posted Mon 02 Jun, 2008 10:45 PM Quote
Ahem, yes I think news people may be there, they better! They were supposed to come to my library last week and rang last minute saying they couldn't! grrrr lol

I want my 5 minutes of fame! haaaaaaaaaa

Awwww Dee it will be fab! Ohhhhhh and don't worry, I am taking my camera and will get pics! Just need to get my outfit sorted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

LMAO

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 02 Jun, 2008 10:50 PM Quote
That sounds like a lot of fun. Can't wait to see pics!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 02 Jun, 2008 11:46 PM Quote
dagger ?

deebee
deebee Posted Tue 03 Jun, 2008 11:39 AM Quote
Do you get Johnny Depp as a partner???

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Tue 03 Jun, 2008 11:41 AM Quote
I think i might start doing that. Come into work dressed up as something. I wonder if anyone would say anything?

Helen *the original*
Helen *the original* Posted Tue 03 Jun, 2008 12:40 PM Quote
Ha ha nice one! We never get to do stuff like that. I was going to go for a job in a bigger library because of the children's section being an entire floor, i would have been in my element but they told me no such job was available. I was told yesterday that someone else is doing that very job now and they didn't even have to apply for it! I'm so miffed! So now i'm in my lil shoebox until i go insane and then i may have to go back to uni and be a supergeek and do a librarianship so i can be a proper children's librarian somewhere instead...anyhoo for the time being i've drawn characters from books out and photocopied them for the few kids i do see to colour in. At least the place looks colourful.

You will definately have to post photos of the outfits ha ha!

Helen *the original*
Helen *the original* Posted Tue 03 Jun, 2008 12:42 PM Quote
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:
I think i might start doing that. Come into work dressed up as something. I wonder if anyone would say anything?

To you? No!

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Tue 03 Jun, 2008 12:51 PM Quote

what outfit would you pick ?

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Tue 03 Jun, 2008 1:03 PM Quote
I wonder if Pee wee would allow me to use the big blue bear costume. That would be cool getting on the bus in the morning with that on LOL

Peewee
Peewee Posted Wed 04 Jun, 2008 7:24 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
Do you get Johnny Depp as a partner???

Oh my, I Wish! We could do each others eyeliner and stuff! lmao

Peewee
Peewee Posted Wed 04 Jun, 2008 7:25 PM Quote
I wonder if Pee wee would allow me to use the big blue bear costume. That would be cool getting on the bus in the morning with that on LOL

£600 that bear outfit!!! lmao I canne lift the bag it comes in, never mind get on a bus with it on!!! lol Gutted I didn't get to wear it again this year, apparently someone else got the pleasure :(

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Wed 04 Jun, 2008 7:27 PM Quote
Is that a no then? :(

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:01 PM