Travis

The Motor City She Devils Unite!!!! :D
Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 18 May, 2008 4:19 PM Quote
Helloo everyone! The Flat Travis Project is underway! Kayte is working on a slideshow of pictures from our wild night with them in the Motor City. We'd still like to take them to a few places near our homes, so it'll be a few more days. We'll post the slideshow in "The Official Flat Travis Thread" in a few days. In the meantime, I thought I'd let y'all know how our ultimate mini boardie convention went! lol! :D

http://i27.tinypic.com/dfkjgy.jpg

Ahhhh yes. The Motor City She Devils finally united for a wee boardie convention!! Kayte and I had such a great time together Friday night, causing trouble in the D!!! I was really surprised with how much we were able to accomplished in one night!!! We met in Royal Oak for dinner at Memphis Smoke. I recognized Kayte from her pictures, but she has a cool new hair-do and she's a lot more petite than I had imagined! She's so sweet and so funny, just like she is on the board, actually! :) She arrived with a white folder and as soon as she sat down, pulled out Flat Travis! My mouth just sorta dropped open and I started cracking up because it's the cutest thing I've ever seen!! :D Her and her graphic artist husband Don did such a great job designing them!!!! While we waited for our pulled-pork sandwiches to arrive at the table, we had a great time chatting and cutting out Flat Travis.

For those of you who aren't familiar with the story, Flat Travis is based off of Flat Stanley, a paper man that school children send on adventures to other kids from around the world. As the story goes, Stanley was flattened by a bulletin board at school, however, Kayte quickly pointed out that Travis was flattened by the big GONG. :D

So after we finished dinner, we had some time to kill before "Son Of Rambow" started at the Main Art Theatre in Royal Oak. Since our bikes are in the shop (haha), we decided to jump in my car and head straight down Woodward Avenue for a quick drive-by tour with Flat Travis. This was the most hilarious part of our wee boardie convention!! With Travis music playing in the background, we rolled down the windows at every stoplight, stuck Flat Travis out the window, and snapped a picture of FT next to some of Detroit's great landmarks: The Spirit of Detroit statue, The Joe Louis fist, The Fox Theatre and Hockeytown Cafe, Comerica Park--home of the Detroit Tigers and the Joe Louis Arena (where our beloved Red Wings play hockey)...among other great sights! At one point, a scary bum lady asked us for some money when we rolled down the window. We were going to ask her to pose with Flat Travis for a photo, but thought against it. :P

It was getting dark, and "Son of Rambow" was about to begin, so we booked it like the She Devils we are back to Royal Oak for the show. The movie was very cute and very funny!! We both enjoyed it and loved the 10 second scene with Travis, haha!!! We think that they were wearing the same clothes as they were in the Driftwood video.

After the show, these two She Devils were pretty tired from our wild adventure, so we said goodbye and called it a night! We're already planning to hang out again soon!!! :) I had such a great time and I just want to thank Travis for having such an awesome message board...so many people have met and become good friends over the years through this Web site and now I can finally say that I've made a great friend too. :) Kayte, you're awesome!!! :D I hope that you will all sign up and participate in the Flat Travis Project when we get the official thread going. You'll have a blast taking them around and posting pictures on the board of your experience. Some of you will probably even get to take FT to a Travis gig!!! Anyway, have fun with it and we can't wait to see the pictures!

~Nikki~

Re: The Motor City She Devils Unite!!!! :D
AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Sun 18 May, 2008 4:43 PM Quote
Hello !
Thanks for posting the photo.
Frederique

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sun 18 May, 2008 6:12 PM Quote
Aww! Lovely post, Nikki!
It sounds like a great evening :o)
I can't wait to see how Flat Travis looks like xD.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Sun 18 May, 2008 6:13 PM Quote
Awwwwww guys that sounds so cool! Made me feel all warm inside, I love travis boardies! hee hee Ohhhhh and can't wait to meet Flat Travis! lmao

Eagerly waiting the OFFICIAL thread!!!

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sun 18 May, 2008 6:14 PM Quote
Awww, this post is soooo lovely!

Aletways
Aletways Posted Sun 18 May, 2008 9:18 PM Quote
It's so nice that you got together! Like I said on the other thread, I can't believe that you never met before!

I can't wait to see the pictures of the adventures of Flat Travis!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sun 18 May, 2008 11:51 PM Quote
no over turn tables = FIAL

wait ! they let toddlers in bars over there , wild

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 19 May, 2008 1:46 AM Quote
Aletways wrote:
It's so nice that you got together! Like I said on the other thread, I can't believe that you never met before!

I can't wait to see the pictures of the adventures of Flat Travis!

We live over an hour away from each other. We met kind of near the middle for both of us.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 19 May, 2008 1:47 AM Quote
ricv64 wrote:

LMAO!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 19 May, 2008 1:47 AM Quote
ricv64 wrote:

This picture was taken before we tore the place apart. We had to get our food first, ya know.

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Mon 19 May, 2008 2:24 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
ricv64 wrote:

This picture was taken before we tore the place apart. We had to get our food first, ya know.

I wanna see the after pictures ;)

Sounds as though ya'll had a nice "date" :)

th74
th74 Posted Mon 19 May, 2008 2:36 AM Quote
Great pic! I'm glad you had fun. How was the movie? I'm seeing it this week.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 19 May, 2008 3:13 AM Quote
It was very cute. You'll like it!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 19 May, 2008 3:14 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
ricv64 wrote:

I hope you guys skipped out on the bill

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 19 May, 2008 2:34 PM Quote
carlottarocks wrote:

I wanna see the after pictures ;)

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:PsYDrQl-LqEbtM:http://www.worth1000.com/entries/245000/245344SYBx_w.jpg

http://re3.yt-thm-a01.yimg.com/image/25/f11/194872972
Next morning

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:20 AM