Travis

Re: Baby countdown begins :)
AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Mon 19 May, 2008 3:59 PM Quote
Good luck ! Glad to add another baby boardie !

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 19 May, 2008 4:06 PM Quote
The thing that caused your pregnancy can sometimes help start labor.

My advice would be if you are planning on nursing just plan on getting at least one meeting with a lactation consultant- preferably one who comes to your house. Unless it's going awesome, it's better to deal with problems before they get out of hand.

Also you will know your baby better than anyone. Yes doctors and nurses have degrees but once you've been home with the baby for a bit, if you feel like he is sick, something isn't right, trust your instinct.

****FAINT OF HEART, DO NOT READ BELOW***********

Also don't know if anyone has warned you of the gorefest that is post-labor. I won't be any more specific than that because I am pretty sure I would be kicked off the board for grossness but PM me if you want me to say it more directly.

minnesotamary
minnesotamary Posted Mon 19 May, 2008 4:14 PM Quote
The funniest bit of advice I got over the weekend to entice the baby to come out was to get him a toy...:) If only it were that easy!

I won't why I even bothered coming into the office...my brain just isn't into work!!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 19 May, 2008 4:31 PM Quote
minnesotamary wrote:
The funniest bit of advice I got over the weekend to entice the baby to come out was to get him a toy...:) If only it were that easy!

I won't why I even bothered coming into the office...my brain just isn't into work!!

I won't know why you came in either. ; )

That is the silliest advice ever.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 19 May, 2008 4:38 PM Quote
I can't believe you're still working. You're quite a trooper!

minnesotamary
minnesotamary Posted Mon 19 May, 2008 4:43 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

I figured I'd rather enjoy the time off when the baby's here. 12 weeks off...woohoo! Looking forward to having family visit in the summer :)

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 19 May, 2008 4:46 PM Quote
minnesotamary wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I figured I'd rather enjoy the time off when the baby's here. 12 weeks off...woohoo! Looking forward to having family visit in the summer :)

I had planned on doing the same, but I gave up early. By the time I got out of bed, showered, and dressed, I was wiped out. I waddled into work one day and told them I'd finish out the week and I was DONE! They were all glad because they couldn't bear to watch me walk anymore. I was one of those "wide loads!"

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Mon 19 May, 2008 5:45 PM Quote
minnesotamary wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

LOL, you're going to be looking forward to all of us leaving too, I bet!! There's a bunch of us!!

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Mon 19 May, 2008 8:36 PM Quote
A bit of post labor advice I forgot...Sitz baths are your friend! And Anne is right, the thing that got you preggers in the first place worked for me in getting baby out :)

bara
bara Posted Mon 19 May, 2008 8:42 PM Quote
good luck!

wish you, your baby & family all the best!!!!

minnesotamary
minnesotamary Posted Mon 19 May, 2008 8:47 PM Quote
carlottarocks wrote:
A bit of post labor advice I forgot...Sitz baths are your friend! And Anne is right, the thing that got you preggers in the first place worked for me in getting baby out :)

Hmmm, yeah--I'll think about that :)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 19 May, 2008 8:54 PM Quote
I didn't get the same relief as others with the Sitz bath thing. Most of my friends were so thankful for them. I just found it boring and felt the same before, during, and after doing it.

But of course worth trying.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 20 May, 2008 2:29 PM Quote
update ? hold on till friday

minnesotamary
minnesotamary Posted Tue 20 May, 2008 2:36 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:

i have my appointment in a couple of hours...i thought i was feeling strong contractions yesterday, but it subsided.

so no baby AND the stars lost...5/19 was not a good day.

sandy guessed friday too. i'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 20 May, 2008 3:05 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:

You never, NEVER tell a pregnant woman to "hold on until ---" for Pete's sake! Especially in this last week, she's liable to stab you in the face!

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:16 PM