Re: I passed the exam!!! =D
Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Tue 13 May, 2008 6:02 PM Quote
Well done! :)

michele
michele Posted Tue 13 May, 2008 8:34 PM Quote
singme0430 wrote:
I took an exam about a month ago to graduate junior-high school (middle school) without going to school. (I'm a homeschooler!) And today, I checked out the results of it, and I Passed with quiet good marks!!! =D

I'm shouting "Yahoo" and "Yeah" alone and to my family. :P Hehe. I'm really happy now, I don't know why I'm writing this here, but I just wanted to do so.

On the other hand, I'm very sorry to hear the news of the earthquake in China. Too many people are dead and dying. Hope things will get much better very soon there. I'm so sorry.

Anyway hope all of you to have a wonderful day too! :)

can you explain me what a homeschooler does? I mean how you plan your day, if you can plan it as you want or you have to follow classes like going to school but in video conference... tell me because it's the first time i hear about a homeschooler...I've only heard about people working at home.
btw congrats!

yuriblury
yuriblury Posted Tue 13 May, 2008 11:22 PM Quote
congratulation!!!!! :-)

singme0430
singme0430 Posted Wed 14 May, 2008 4:41 AM Quote
Please let me talk about homeschooling a little :)

I've never regreted my choice honestly. I certainly agree with Moo (could I call you so? :D), I had no Real Friends when I went to school. Therefore I think there is no serious problem about that, for me. Nowadays I guess people can make friends easily and well without schools. And.. I can do many things that I couldn't do at school. For example, many hobbies help me to get a positive mind. I couldn't draw very often when I went to school because of too lots of homeworks (and even when I completed it hard, the students at school all copied them. They were actually.. quiet wicked. I don't even want to think of them now.) I couldn't paint with joy. I drew only for homeworks. All the things gave me a lot of stresses at school (especially because of mean students), and now I have escaped. School can be a place filled with joy, but the school that I went to was not at all.

I had to make plans for studying with my family, and homeschoolers should follow the set curriculum (it's as same as the curriculum the students at school follow) to pass their exams. (I passed the qualification examination for high school entrance) Most of homeschoolers in South Korea usually go to academies, but I actually study alone, exactly through the internet. The good website that I use provides people good internet lectures for free. So, to make a long story short, I study the set curriculum through the internet alone at home. =)

Thank you very much anyway! Hope my poor explaination could help you to understand about homeschooling a bit! ;) Thank you all again and again! I'm feeling so good now.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Wed 14 May, 2008 10:16 AM Quote
Sounds great! lol

Congratulations on passing your exams!!! :)

I always wanted to go to a boarding school and was disgusted when my parents said NO WAY! Think I read way too many Malory Towers books and Girls of St. Claires! lol

moo_the_evil_boffin
moo_the_evil_boffin Posted Wed 14 May, 2008 12:36 PM Quote
singme0430 wrote:
Please let me talk about homeschooling a little :)

I've never regreted my choice honestly. I certainly agree with Moo (could I call you so? :D), I had no Real Friends when I went to school. Therefore I think there is no serious problem about that, for me. Nowadays I guess people can make friends easily and well without schools. And.. I can do many things that I couldn't do at school. For example, many hobbies help me to get a positive mind. I couldn't draw very often when I went to school because of too lots of homeworks (and even when I completed it hard, the students at school all copied them. They were actually.. quiet wicked. I don't even want to think of them now.) I couldn't paint with joy. I drew only for homeworks. All the things gave me a lot of stresses at school (especially because of mean students), and now I have escaped. School can be a place filled with joy, but the school that I went to was not at all.

I had to make plans for studying with my family, and homeschoolers should follow the set curriculum (it's as same as the curriculum the students at school follow) to pass their exams. (I passed the qualification examination for high school entrance) Most of homeschoolers in South Korea usually go to academies, but I actually study alone, exactly through the internet. The good website that I use provides people good internet lectures for free. So, to make a long story short, I study the set curriculum through the internet alone at home. =)

Thank you very much anyway! Hope my poor explaination could help you to understand about homeschooling a bit! ;) Thank you all again and again! I'm feeling so good now.

Yeah you can call me Moo lol :-D

How long have you been home schooled, if you don't mind me asking?

Chiito-chan
Chiito-chan Posted Wed 14 May, 2008 2:02 PM Quote

congrats!

alyrtle
alyrtle Posted Wed 14 May, 2008 10:49 PM Quote
yayyyy

singme0430
singme0430 Posted Thu 15 May, 2008 1:13 AM Quote
moo_the_evil_boffin wrote:

Yeah you can call me Moo lol :-D

How long have you been home schooled, if you don't mind me asking?

Dear Moo =D, just about one year!

Thank you all!! ;)

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 6:27 PM