Travis

Re: Buster
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 13 May, 2008 8:47 PM Quote
I'm getting really really frustrated. Animal control doesn't know anything about this dog that was supposedly picked up at 5:30 am on Monday and now the sheriff's office is saying they don't know either.

So what sort of crack was the dude I spoke to yesterday smoking???

I called one of the TV stations since they supposedly aired a story yesterday about it. Whoever answered said one of the reporters was pitching a story right now about a pit bull attack and they would call me when they were out of the meeting. No clue if it's an attack on another animal, a person, who knows. So I am not too hopeful but feel like they'll at least call me back.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 13 May, 2008 10:24 PM Quote
A friend was on my street and spotted the two dogs. Animal control is on its way. The teenager who saw the attack is there and said those are the dogs. And other people just appeared because those same dogs killed their cat today.

I think they are about to catch these horrible dogs.

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Tue 13 May, 2008 10:39 PM Quote
My fingers are crossed for ya!

Meridith
Meridith Posted Tue 13 May, 2008 10:41 PM Quote
my fingers are crossed for you too Anne...how horrible! :(

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 14 May, 2008 3:40 AM Quote
You won't believe this. Animal control came (an hour after being called) and didn't see the dogs. My friend and the lady whose cat was killed this morning said they went through a hole in a fence. Animal control said since they didn't see or hear the dog they "couldn't" knock on the door. And, oh look at the time! It's 4:40 and she gets off at 5 so there's nothing see can do.

But I now know exactly where those dogs live. And I tracked down the number of their landlord. At first he was trying to say it was a problem between me and the tenant but I laid into him about the fact that these vicious dogs are getting out through a hole in HIS fence and I am proud to say by the end I had his voice quivering he was so scared realizing he could be totally liable if someone gets hurt now that he knows there is a problem.

So while I am angry I am glad I know where they live. Everyone around us has agreed to keep calling and calling animal control. I am going to work on the landlord to pressure him to make him make his tenants get rid of them.

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Wed 14 May, 2008 3:53 AM Quote
Ooooh, progress! Keep at it!

cornax
cornax Posted Wed 14 May, 2008 12:35 PM Quote
Well done on staying strong!

th74
th74 Posted Wed 14 May, 2008 2:45 PM Quote
You've been so strong and focused throughtout all this! You can tell how important Buster was to you, with the perseverence you've shown. I'm glad you know where they live, the liability card with the landlord is a good way to go, he needs to do something. Hopefully the phone calls will convince animal control to act.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 14 May, 2008 2:57 PM Quote
Good detective work, Anne. At least you've got the landlord's number (literally). It may take some time an effort, but hopefully you will get them.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 14 May, 2008 4:35 PM Quote
Thanks guys. I am madly in love with that cat. He had such a unique personality. The combination of my love for him and my children has made me pretty obsessed with getting this resolved.

dee
dee Posted Wed 14 May, 2008 6:32 PM Quote
i'm so sorry for your trouble.it all sounds awful.
i wish people would just do the right thing.

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] All Times BST Current Time 6:15 PM