Travis

Re: Buster
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 13 May, 2008 3:20 AM Quote
I hope that's the dog Anne. It would be very bad luck and really dangerous to have two dogs that attack other animals/people in your area.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 13 May, 2008 3:39 AM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
I hope that's the dog Anne. It would be very bad luck and really dangerous to have two dogs that attack other animals/people in your area.

No kidding. I'll really lose it if there are two. I am hopeful since they said on the news a pitbull that it is the same dog. I'll know tomorrow.

We buried our Buster tonight. It was awful.

Moray
Moray Posted Tue 13 May, 2008 9:32 AM Quote
Hi Anne, sorry to hear about Buster. I hope the kids are ok. Lots of big hugs to you.

moominbadger
moominbadger Posted Tue 13 May, 2008 10:50 AM Quote
Oh no, what a horrible thing to happen. I'm so sorry. Big hugs to you.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 13 May, 2008 2:23 PM Quote
Any news on the white mutt? I hope that is the same pit bull they caught. Can your neighbor ID it?

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 13 May, 2008 2:57 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Any news on the white mutt? I hope that is the same pit bull they caught. Can your neighbor ID it?

No news on the white dog. I knocked on my neighbor's door several times but no one was home.

I am waiting for animal control to call me back to find out if the dog they caught was a brown pit bull. Wonder if the dog it was attacking was the white one.

That would tie this all up, wouldn't it?

pixiedixie
pixiedixie Posted Tue 13 May, 2008 3:24 PM Quote
I´m sorry to hear about Buster´s death, Anne....

I wouldn´t know what to do if something happened to my two cats...

Hugs, Miriam

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 13 May, 2008 3:25 PM Quote
Bad news. Animal control said she didn't think it was them that picked up the dog because they only respond to calls that early if someone has been bit or a more extreme case.

She said maybe a deputy dealt someone with an owner and its dog and the record in the office isn't exactly right. She is going to call the person who was on call that night to check though.

She also made me feel worse (didn't know that was possible) by saying that my neighborhood is known for having a lot of pit bulls so it will probably be really hard to find it. I had no idea there were so many around me and as she said, even if we find a brown pit bull it doesn't mean it was the same one.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 13 May, 2008 3:34 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Bad news. Animal control said she didn't think it was them that picked up the dog because they only respond to calls that early if someone has been bit or a more extreme case.

She said maybe a deputy dealt someone with an owner and its dog and the record in the office isn't exactly right. She is going to call the person who was on call that night to check though.

She also made me feel worse (didn't know that was possible) by saying that my neighborhood is known for having a lot of pit bulls so it will probably be really hard to find it. I had no idea there were so many around me and as she said, even if we find a brown pit bull it doesn't mean it was the same one.

Oh, gees. That's not what you want to hear. I surely hope that most of those owners are responsible. A while back I heard that they were considering banning the whole breed. Don't know if that was just in Michigan or nationally.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 13 May, 2008 4:14 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Oh, gees. That's not what you want to hear. I surely hope that most of those owners are responsible. A while back I heard that they were considering banning the whole breed. Don't know if that was just in Michigan or nationally.

I guess in general they are since I had no idea there were so many so that means they aren't out much.

I know pit bulls have been banned in at least some cities if not states. I know lots of landlords won't lease to people who own aggressive breeds.

Our tenant has a big dog that is part Rotweiler I believe. But that dog is the sweetest dopiest thing. I am sure I could stick my head in its mouth and he would just lick me. Plus they have a cat so he knows not to chase them. And regardless he is never out front without a leash on. They are good owners who I think know that even if he is nice there is always that potential so you always have to be careful.

rebekah
rebekah Posted Tue 13 May, 2008 4:16 PM Quote
i'm so sorry..it must be awful..i hate it when pets die..they are part of the family so it makes it so much worse :(
x

GMS1968
GMS1968 Posted Tue 13 May, 2008 4:33 PM Quote
I am so sorry to hear your news.
This must be awful for you and your family.
We are pet owners and i know we would be devastated if somthing like this happened to one of them.
Our thoughts are with you and your family during this tough time.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 13 May, 2008 4:43 PM Quote
Ohh Anne! That's bad news :o(

nats
nats Posted Tue 13 May, 2008 7:37 PM Quote
Im So sorry to hear about Buster, and the bad news.
hugs to you and your family.

cornax
cornax Posted Tue 13 May, 2008 8:42 PM Quote
I'm really sorry for your family's loss, Anne. I hope your children are alright.

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:33 AM