Travis

Re: What does your family think of Travis?
Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 14 Jun, 2008 8:47 PM Quote
minsidesoutside_lds wrote:
minsidesoutside_lds wrote:
[quote="minsidesoutside_lds"] My grandma absltly LOVE! "We are monkeys" (she understand nothin in English (worst than me..) but she asks me to put it once and again; and says "nice song... who's the singer?" (also, once and again....) She´s 94 years old :P).
I bet she wants to dance it....

Here she is. The new old fan. Today is her b day! And she would like Travis to dadicate "we are monkeys" for her today haha :D
Cheers =)

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk146/lds1858/bela14junio2008-1.jpg

Awwwwwww! How cute! She reminds me of my Babcia (92)! :) Happy B-Day to her!

minsidesoutside_lds
minsidesoutside_lds Posted Sat 14 Jun, 2008 9:09 PM Quote
Thanks Nikki! "Babcia" sounds so sweet for a grandma =)

I used to call her "bela" that is a shortcut for "abuela" (grandmother in spanish)

Alisha
Alisha Posted Sat 14 Jun, 2008 9:38 PM Quote
well my mother called our new-born pony "Fran".
I guess it means she officialy accepts my passion for Travis with that :)

cornax
cornax Posted Sat 14 Jun, 2008 10:54 PM Quote
My husband was lukewarm on them until he saw them live. They're definitely one of his favorite bands now. My girls, 7 and 10, LOVE Travis. Reese's absolute favorite song is 'Turn' and Sumner's is probably 'WDIAROM'.

Elina
Elina Posted Sat 14 Jun, 2008 11:27 PM Quote
I think that my family don`t care a lot about Travis. My parents are not interested in foreign pop/rock music and my brothers interest about other music styles.
I have close relationship with my cousin and her family really enjoy music from Travis now. They also listen U2, Moby, Coldplay and some months ago get to know from me about fantastic band from Scotland named TRAVIS. Their view was- Travis play their music easier, lighter, more positive as Coldplay how ever the played music styles are similar. Children always ask for Travis when they have road trip around Latvia or Europe by car.=) It is fantastic! They don`t know English, but they heartily sing with.

cornax
cornax Posted Sun 15 Jun, 2008 1:42 AM Quote
That's so lovely, Elina! The music really transcends the language...

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sun 15 Jun, 2008 2:26 AM Quote
Both my Mum and Dad quite like them- probably moreso my Mum. She came with me when they played in Belfast last June, and loved it! Whenever Closer came out last year, she phoned me and told me how much she loved their new song. So when there was a signing in Glasgow on the day it was released, i bought a copy for my Mum and got it signed for her by the band. She loved it. I gave her my promo copy of TBWNN and she likes to play it in the car when she is driving to work. Her favourite song now is Battleships.

My Dad would try to sing along, but he doesn't really get all the words right. "I'm so Happy, and you're so Happy. I'm so Happy, and you're a Nappy" (Diaper, in case that joke is lost on anyone..). One of his favourite words is Sod, so he likes to sing "The grass is always greener on the other SOD.." as well. But at least he gets the tunes right!

And they both are under strict instruction to have More Than Us played at my funeral, since it's my favourite song ever. I haven't made any other arrangements apart from this one very important thing

erikausagi
erikausagi Posted Sun 15 Jun, 2008 5:56 AM Quote
sara spain wrote:
My mother likes travis.
My father too.
My sister not too much.
My Husband hates travis (just because I preffer go to travis gigs than go holidays with him)
my grand mother was a very travis fan.

Your hubbie still hates Travis??? haha just envy, you know lol and again the same question... why our hubbies/boyfriends/whatever were angry when we saw them?? lol
luckily, my boyfriend -who started to love them before those gigs- and me were broken

by the way... I MISS YOU SARA!!! we need to talk you, Eledh, Fernanda and me!! eh! :P

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Sun 15 Jun, 2008 6:11 PM Quote
My dad is always mocking me about them cos I was so excited when I saw them last year (I did make him drive me the whole way across the country tho). The only song he knows is Why Does it Always Rain on Me? and whenever he hears it he's singing it wrong for the rest of the day just to annoy me!

My brother kinda likes them, he was the one who actually saw them with me and he says they're great live - but I think he was more entertained by how crazy I was going!

The rest of my family know how much I love them, but aren't all that interested otherwise.

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] All Times BST Current Time 7:51 PM