Travis

Re: J Smith on KCRW Morning Becomes Electic
the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Mon 05 May, 2008 12:12 PM Quote
Joanna wrote:
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
No I didn't, but I've just read it, so I won't :)

EDIT EDIT: Oh, and who said my youtube link would be shite? :) You music puritans are far too fussy!

thought he was a wee bit rude tbh. it's not like he posted the youtube msg on this thread where you were. is everyone expected to read every thread? jeez

It's OK, he was trying to make a point. And we love him to much to get properly angry :)

I wonder whether he minds good youtube links, because mine would be awesome ;)

purplesky
purplesky Posted Mon 05 May, 2008 3:11 PM Quote
Wow!! I like this song very much!!
I'm listenig to this song over and over again today.
This is a fantastic new style of Travis!
Can't wait till new albume comes out. @_@

Goo travis!! :D

deebee
deebee Posted Mon 05 May, 2008 5:07 PM Quote
Lucile wrote:
deebee wrote:
Haha I thought I was really stupid too when I tried (in vain) to find the song but we're just tooooo late!

Hey Debbie, how are you? Did you get the song or do you need me to PM it to you?

Hi Lucile ;-)
Thanks for the offer. I'm listening to it now thanks to The Boy With A Cryptic Name. Will PM you later anyway. Speak soon.

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Tue 06 May, 2008 12:57 AM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
Well, the boardies who've been to the gigs in february say that there's not much difference, except for the choir. So you didn't like the song in the first place when you heard it live?

I heard the song in Cambdrige, and i like more J Smith at live than this record track...

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 06 May, 2008 1:02 AM Quote
RaZzZ wrote:
Well, the boardies who've been to the gigs in february say that there's not much difference, except for the choir. So you didn't like the song in the first place when you heard it live?

I heard the song in Cambdrige, and i like more J Smith at live than this record track...

What did you like better about it live? Did Fran sing the Latin lines?

Clow
Clow Posted Tue 06 May, 2008 2:53 AM Quote
The Choir part is just amazing *_________*
luved this song!!!

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Tue 06 May, 2008 7:07 PM Quote
RaZzZ wrote:

I know what you mean, but I think nostalgia plays a big part. The recording sounds a bit tame in comparison to the memories...

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 06 May, 2008 7:30 PM Quote
It'd be great to see some pictures from the show. Razz, I bet you have some awesome ones since you came all the way from Mexico for the show!

Peewee
Peewee Posted Tue 06 May, 2008 9:13 PM Quote
Lucile wrote:
Peewee wrote:
Why can't I find this??? I am a moron! :(

All im getting is some woman. ugh!

Check your inbox :)

OMG you are a STAR!!! Thankyou sooooo much! Straight to my itunes and all woohoo :)

Cheers!!!! *hugs*

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Tue 06 May, 2008 9:34 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
It'd be great to see some pictures from the show. Razz, I bet you have some awesome ones since you came all the way from Mexico for the show!

Have you seen the tour archive pics? There must be some good ones there surely.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 06 May, 2008 9:38 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:

I've looked at some. But none from Razz. All of the ones he's posted were from the Mexico show.

ChineseBlues
ChineseBlues Posted Tue 06 May, 2008 9:54 PM Quote
I'm shocked, in a good way.

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Tue 06 May, 2008 11:59 PM Quote
RaZzZ wrote:

I know what you mean, but I think nostalgia plays a big part. The recording sounds a bit tame in comparison to the memories...

I was listening about 30 times in the day (im sorry, i didi it) J. Smith, and definitely Travis wanna change "a little" the road.
Well, as i told, J Smith is not bad, is an amazing song, the Andy`s solo is marvellous, Fran`s guitar is great (i was getting the chords or powerchords to can do a little cover) but definitely as i wrote at Fran`s myspace, i prefer the clasical and lovely Travis songs, the clasical solos...

But that... the voice of Fran is fantastic (not latin lines) i mean the voice while he`s playing the guitar before the "bridge"

heich
heich Posted Wed 07 May, 2008 12:25 AM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
weirdmom wrote:

I've looked at some. But none from Razz. All of the ones he's posted were from the Mexico show.

I don't want to start a fight, really i dont. But I have to say a couple of things. First of all,my dad is from Mexico and my mom is from Venezuela so i can read and speak spanish fluently.

I think Razzz didnt attend the Cambridge show or any other from that tour. Why? Simple. I read something he wrote in spanish were a mexican girl went to Cambridge and questioned him about the show and told him that she didnt see him at the venue.

I remember he said that Sailing Away live was GREAT. But he told that girl that he left the show just after Chinese Blues. I read that and i was like: wtf?. Chinese Blues was the first song of the night, how come somebody left the gig when they just play one song.

And theres more; theres no way to listen Sailing Away and J Smith if you left from the place so early. Cuz as far as i know if you leave the venue there is no way you can get in again, unless you buy another ticket (but the tickets for those shows were sold out). And also he said he left the place with some friends so there is no chance he was there.

Its nothing personal razzz, i think you are a nice guy and quite funny sometimes imo, but at least for this, i think you are lying a little bit.

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Wed 07 May, 2008 12:41 AM Quote
heich wrote:
weirdmom wrote:
weirdmom wrote:

I don't want to start a fight, really i dont. But I have to say a couple of thing.

My dad is from Mexico and my mom is from Venezuela so i can read and speak spanish fluently.

I think Razzz didnt attend the Cambridge show or any other from that tour. Why? Simple. I read something he wrote in spanish were a mexican girl went to Cambridge and questioned him about the show and told him that she didnt see him at the venue.

I remember he said that Sailing Away live was GREAT. But he told that girl that he left the show just after Chinese Blues. I read that and i was like: wtf?. Chinese Blues was the first song of the night, how come somebody left the gig when they just play one song.

And thats not all, if he left after Chinese Blues then how come he heard J Smith and Sailing away? (or any song after Chinese Blues). Cuz as far as i know if you leave the venue there is no way you can get in again, unless you buy another ticket (but the ticket for those shows were sold out). And also he said he left the place with some friends so there is no chance he was there.

Its nothing personal razzz, i think you are a nice guy and quite funny sometimes imo, but at least for this, i think you are lying a little bit.

ok, we`ll go again
No, no, no... i know bro.
But that she didn`t found me that not means that i didn`t attend the gig.
I just wanna say that J SMITH didn`t like it.

As "you can read", i said J Smith isn`t good, is fantastic, but i prefer other travis songs style...
If you have some doubt, i will show you my ticket.

And about when i left the gig, maybe you traslated bad the text. I said: "i left the gig inmediately when over, because i was with some German friends. I said i loved Sailing Away cos is my favorite song, but i never said i left inmediately than Chinese Blues is Over...
And i remember, you attacked me in the last Travis cambridge gig subject. You, more than the other should to know what i said, you answered my comment: http://www.travisonline.com/board/view.php?t=6721&p=1

We aren`t here to fight, but first, try to translate better the text to spanish. (y si no es transladar, porque dices que hablas bien el espaƱol, entonces lee de nuevo el comentario que dije, para que veas que no mencione que sali del concierto despues de Chinese Blues, sino que entendiste mal)

Good luck bro, and we hope that Travis returns soon!
weirdmom wrote:
weirdmom wrote:

And i say: i need to take pics from the gig? I dont have any travis gig pic, cos i dont have camera =S (well, mobile phone camera xD)

Pages Previous 1...14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:37 AM