Travis

Re: J Smith on KCRW Morning Becomes Electic
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 1:12 AM Quote
cornax wrote:
Thanks to the lovely boardie who shared it with me!

And, did anyone else go back and read's Dougie and Fran's comments about the song before listening? It was so great to be able to listen and think, "Oh yeah, here's where Andy's gonna let loose!" and "Get ready for the choir!"

Yes, it is interesting reading the blogs from Fran and Dougie and then hearing the songs. Like how Fran describes Andy's guitar in Last Words as a "roosters wake up call" or something along those lines. Never thought it before, but he's so right! Haha. :)

Grelar
Grelar Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 1:14 AM Quote
I'm not sure if I dug it or not. I listened to it earlier and still don't know what to make of it. I had the same feeling about Big Chair, but ended up liking that one quite a bit, so who knows? ;) I will say this though, I hope it is NOT going to be the first single. Having a song that needs multiple listens to enjoy isn't what you want floating out there as the first taste of your new album. Just my 2 cents.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 1:19 AM Quote
Grelar wrote:
I'm not sure if I dug it or not. I listened to it earlier and still don't know what to make of it. I had the same feeling about Big Chair, but ended up liking that one quite a bit, so who knows? ;) I will say this though, I hope it is NOT going to be the first single. Having a song that needs multiple listens to enjoy isn't what you want floating out there as the first taste of your new album. Just my 2 cents.

Listening to the wrong one? For me, it is a song you love straight away. I know i did. Maybe it does get better and better as you listen. I think it should be a single because it will open up Travis to a new audience.

vtec718
vtec718 Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 3:38 AM Quote
Travis never cease to amaze me. A future classic.

Cheers guys!

vtec718
vtec718 Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 3:39 AM Quote
Thanks cryptic for putting it up!

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 4:34 AM Quote
Why can't I access it from the morning becomes eclectic site? The May 1 show only goes 32 min.
EDIT: Why didn't I check the site earlier today?!?! WHY?!?!

anace
anace Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 4:36 AM Quote
(wah I'm always late...)
Heard this a couple of days ago and I must say that if it got me out of lurking mode, then it is definitely a winner.

(Also if it got me to spell definitely right! :P)

It's so epic, and I just love that

brenda_94_56
brenda_94_56 Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 5:26 AM Quote
can somebody help me i dont know how to play the song i dont find it !!!!!

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 5:35 AM Quote
brenda_94_56 wrote:
can somebody help me i dont know how to play the song i dont find it !!!!!

Here:

the boy with a cryptic name wrote:

briandsutton
briandsutton Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 6:05 AM Quote
I've literally spent the last 3 hours trying to find the song on the kcrw and could not find it. I've created a profile here and just read that someone might have an mp3 of the song. If someone could please send it to me I would be most grateful and I can stop pulling the hair out of my head my email is briandsutton@hotmail.com please,please,please somebody grant me my wish.

brenda_94_56
brenda_94_56 Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 6:14 AM Quote
wow the song is awesome !!!!!!!!
but i loved more the song of the last words !!!!!
that song rocks :)

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 6:40 AM Quote
Hey guys...listen to it on headphones!!!!!! Just did it for the first time and I got goosebumps!!! Wow. Just....wow.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 6:57 AM Quote
I have a question for you all! Uh, I thought about starting a new thread, but since we already have 8 J. Smith-related threads on the first page, I'll just ask here. ;)

So, the song has two main chorus parts: the first one, which sounds higher and softer, and the second one, which is deeper and more harsh and in-your-face sounding. Is that Travis on the first one, or the chorus they brought in? Because it sounds like Fran is the predominant voice coming through on that first chorus part. If so...his voice sounds absolutely beautiful.

Trixi
Trixi Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 7:51 AM Quote
I'm probably not making friends now by saying this but after listening to J. Smith a couple of times I have to say that I love the first part only (which I think is absolutely great) but not this "opera-choir-whatever"-part...dunno, sounds soo not like Travis, to me anyway.
...but the end is cool again.

alright, insert your "you suck!" here now.

Are
Are Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 8:15 AM Quote
AAAH! I LOVE IT!

Thanks Fran and everyone!

Oh, I'm going into the "waiting for new Travis album" mode again! Oh it's unbelieveable!!!

Pages Previous 1...9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:56 AM