Travis

Re: New Coldplay song: Violet Hill
Hanne
Hanne Posted Wed 30 Apr, 2008 4:03 PM Quote
So now I've heard the song, and I think it's ok. Not their best, but I like the guitar :o)

Ursina
Ursina Posted Wed 30 Apr, 2008 4:14 PM Quote
Only heard it once on the radio, it kind of irritated me must have another listen ..... could you by any chance beam it to me Hanne ?????? eh ??? :)

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Wed 30 Apr, 2008 4:22 PM Quote
I didn't think it was brilliant the first listen, but I will say that the song is definitely growing on me.

I haven't been able to listen to Coldplay for a while...I loved them before...saw them twice, but maybe I overplayed them!

This though, is different, and the more I listen to this song, the more I like it. Just won't listen to it too much like I did with all their other stuff.

Hanne
Hanne Posted Wed 30 Apr, 2008 4:27 PM Quote
Ursina wrote:
Only heard it once on the radio, it kind of irritated me must have another listen ..... could you by any chance beam it to me Hanne ?????? eh ??? :)

Sent it to your hotmail account :o)

Ursina
Ursina Posted Wed 30 Apr, 2008 4:56 PM Quote
Hanne wrote:
Ursina wrote:

Sent it to your hotmail account :o)

ya're a daaalin ! :) thanks very muchly

going home now, have a good 'Auffahrt' cya soon
sina:)

elodie
elodie Posted Wed 30 Apr, 2008 4:57 PM Quote
The guitar solo is really weak in my opinion... the song is not too bad and I really like the first verse when the electric guitar appears. But it isn't a really different direction for them.

rebekah
rebekah Posted Wed 30 Apr, 2008 6:15 PM Quote
I think it is stupid expiring in 6 hours..cos by the time i'd logged off i had forgotten about it so didn't download it in time..arrghh!!
but atleast i have it nowww :) i must admit it is realllyyy starting to grow on me :D
Ahh Chris Martin has one of those voices that i realllyy likee hmmm :)

galletitabonita
galletitabonita Posted Wed 30 Apr, 2008 6:41 PM Quote
i'm hearing the song, I could say I like the piano...

Peewee
Peewee Posted Wed 30 Apr, 2008 7:21 PM Quote
Is that the one that Chris Moyles was taking the piss out of this morning and made his own cover kinda thing? Something about cheese windows or doors??? :-/

Haven't heard the full song but yeah sounded pants. Maybe need more time for me to get it.

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Wed 30 Apr, 2008 8:19 PM Quote
Finally got to listen to it. I really like it. Quite punchy, not overly-complicated.

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Wed 30 Apr, 2008 11:03 PM Quote
I like it but they are still in to space lift off but not maybe as much.

Lu122
Lu122 Posted Wed 30 Apr, 2008 11:24 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
And Chris Martin is an arrogant, fuckwit, wankbag, tosser who needs to come down off the moral high ground a wake up to the fact that only silly girls and sexually confused young men actually like him.

Dubz

That is offensive, you know? You're not just insulting Chris Martin with that comment, you're also being disrespectful to all those people who like him, Coldplay and their music (me among them). If you don't like them, ok, great, don't waste your time here.

SamuraiSandy wrote:
I didn't think it was brilliant the first listen, but I will say that the song is definitely growing on me.

Same here!

yulen10
yulen10 Posted Wed 30 Apr, 2008 11:44 PM Quote
With permission (i write a clear spanish expression):

"A palabras necias, oĆ­dos sordos..."

Coldplay are great. Chris Martin is a crack. I have been listening to lots & lots of music for 20 years ..
Happy weekend.

20462046 Posted Thu 01 May, 2008 6:00 AM Quote
violet hill is not bad yet not that shock,but i still anticipate their coming new album since it is a great band always

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 01 May, 2008 8:26 PM Quote
Lu122 wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
And Chris Martin is an arrogant, fuckwit, wankbag, tosser who needs to come down off the moral high ground a wake up to the fact that only silly girls and sexually confused young men actually like him.

Dubz

That is offensive, you know? You're not just insulting Chris Martin with that comment, you're also being disrespectful to all those people who like him, Coldplay and their music (me among them). If you don't like them, ok, great, don't waste your time here.

Yes I was deliberately insulting Chris Martin, and if you are stupid enough to take it personally, then that is your own fault. You have every right to defend him if you see fit but please I never meant it as a personal insult but if that's how you want to take them fine.

Don't waste my time here ? that is my decision to make not yours, or perhaps you are trying to censor my opinion because you don't agree with it. Everyone who knows me on this board will tell you that I don't agree with a lot of stuff on here and frequently air my views, but this is a public forum and as such I am entitled to my opinion, whether you agree or not. I tend to rant quite a bit on here and I am very opinionated, but I think I am well liked even by people who don't agree with me half the time. I am very fond of a lot of people on here but an arguement is just that, an arguement nothing more or personal to anyone.

That said anyone who does take it as a personal attack on themselves can fuck off.

Dubz

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:09 AM