Travis

Studio Behind the Scenes for future DVD?
kmouse
kmouse Posted Tue 22 Apr, 2008 6:21 PM Quote
I don't know if this exists or not but how cool would it be to get a sneak peek at Travis doing their thing in the studio? I've been watching various concert dvds all weekend and two that stuck out in my mind (The Gathering and Opeth) had a bonus section of the dvd where you got to see the process of the band recording in the studio - we get to see them brainstorming, re-writing and picking apart songs, jamming together and fine tuning songs. I found it all very fascinating. I would really love to see what goes on when Travis are making magic in the studio. Reading the blogs gives us a great idea of all the excitement and hard work but wouldn't it be wonderful to see it all as well?

Re: Studio Behind the Scenes for future DVD?
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 22 Apr, 2008 6:40 PM Quote
I've thought about this recently. It would be really good to see a good documentary on the recording of an album. They could put it as an extra on a live DVD. Maybe album 7 which I suppose will be recorded in a similar way. :) Hopefully Fran will see this and think about it. ;)

kmouse
kmouse Posted Tue 22 Apr, 2008 7:21 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
I've thought about this recently. It would be really good to see a good documentary on the recording of an album. They could put it as an extra on a live DVD. Maybe album 7 which I suppose will be recorded in a similar way. :) Hopefully Fran will see this and think about it. ;)

Yes I sure hope so!

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Tue 22 Apr, 2008 7:36 PM Quote
Hmmm I got mixed feelings on that. Not sure if that kinda thing would need to be staged to some degree really and so whats the point ? As an artist , I dont think I would like it.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 22 Apr, 2008 7:45 PM Quote
What? Why would it need to be staged? Edited yes, staged no. They write all those blogs, this would just be a different take on it. They've had the webcam in the past too. Just to see them in the studio for a bit, which apart from a few pictures, we've never seen.

Can't see why it would be a problem considering the sort of stuff (blogs, webcams) they've done in the past.

mili
mili Posted Tue 22 Apr, 2008 9:11 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
What? Why would it need to be staged? Edited yes, staged no. They write all those blogs, this would just be a different take on it. They've had the webcam in the past too. Just to see them in the studio for a bit, which apart from a few pictures, we've never seen.

Can't see why it would be a problem considering the sort of stuff (blogs, webcams) they've done in the past.

And there are some recording clips on the singles DVD.

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Tue 22 Apr, 2008 9:52 PM Quote
I think you'd need to give them each a camcorder or something like that, because otherwise it would be a weird atmosphere, if they had a film crew around. They'd have to use them properly though :)
It's a great idea in principle, maybe they could do a video blog next time?

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Tue 22 Apr, 2008 9:55 PM Quote
I always think of John Lennon blowing a fuse in the studio and thinking how he felt about that being on film. im not against , just sceptical.

kmouse
kmouse Posted Tue 22 Apr, 2008 10:49 PM Quote
mili wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

And there are some recording clips on the singles DVD.

That's right! There are a few snippets of recording clips on that DVD. I almost forgot. But yes, more of that would be good!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 22 Apr, 2008 10:56 PM Quote
I don't know about video blogs because they wouldn't show us any of the music. They might as well just continue the written blogs. I was thinking more of a 45 min - 1 hour documentary to be included either with the album or on a live DVD later that year. See a bit of the writing sessions as they come across a great line or something and see them playing as they record and stuff. I think it could be really great! :)

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 22 Apr, 2008 11:01 PM Quote
Oh my gosh! This very idea popped into my head this morning!! I was thinking about the blogs and how much the guys seemed to enjoy this new album making process and I wondered if they had captured any of it on video for a future DVD. Great minds think alike! :O) I can understand how having a film crew around when you're trying to create a musical masterpiece would be totally distracting, but I like the idea of them doing it themselves and obviously editing it. If they haven't for "Ode to J. Smith," maybe they can think about doing it on album # 7.

MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Sun 27 Apr, 2008 7:17 PM Quote
I've always thought about this. Maybe they could do a bit of footage that they've saved from the recording of each of the albums and compile it into one doc.

ashleya92
ashleya92 Posted Sat 03 May, 2008 1:33 PM Quote
yeah... that would be a really cool idea i think...
we'll see what the guys think about that^^

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 5:19 AM