Travis

Re: Coldplay or Travis?
deepi
deepi Posted Tue 05 Jun, 2007 7:01 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:
I don't understand why this thread is forcing us to choose between them, like they are some kind of polar opposite of each other, like Celtic or Rangers.

agreed, personally i love them both, different in their own ways

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Tue 05 Jun, 2007 7:27 PM Quote
deepi wrote:
Esteban wrote:
I don't understand why this thread is forcing us to choose between them, like they are some kind of polar opposite of each other, like Celtic or Rangers.

agreed, personally i love them both, different in their own ways

C'MON THE HOOOOPS!!!!

paul_c
paul_c Posted Tue 05 Jun, 2007 8:42 PM Quote
DavesUrMan wrote:
paul_c wrote:
PipeDreams wrote:
paul_c wrote:
Stupid question on a Travis messageboard

well no not really coz just because some one is a member of travis online dont mean they onli like travis and that is there no 1 fav band they could be members of 50 other band sites for all we know

Yeah, it is.

BECAUSE...

Most people on here are going to be Travis fans and use the Travis board because of this. Apart from the picky buggers who have to use more than one messageboard. Case in point...erm, YOU! lol

Thanks for resting my case for me. So kind

I absolutely detest coldplay, but just because you actually can stand another band as well as travis doesn't mean you are picky. That smacks that you think that we all should have a certain 'alleigance' which is just weird. On a forum the point is to DISCUSS the music, its cocky fans who think "I'm the number one fan, no I am, no I am" that think like that. Its not a board just to drool all over them, a lot of their songs I really can't stand but I enjoy talking about what I like and dislike. If somebody asked "travis or mozart" I would most certainly say Mozart - or even the Beatles to that length - I'm not picky just because I'm capable of appreciating more than one style of music. - In fact, surely i'm the opposite - I can appreciate loads of music, you can apparently only appreciate travis in this line of questioning - just like someone will only eat strawberries out of all the fruits, and cheddar out of all the cheeses :)

I never said anything about likingthe band. I actually don't mind Coldplay, although i think their later stuff is too forced. Parachutes is a fantastic album, and i've seen them a few times and been impressed (again, not on the later stuff though)

And just because people use the message board it doesn't mean they worship the band or think they're the no.1 fan. I know i don't worship Travis, and i sure as hell know i'm not the no.1 fan (cos i don't think a hierarchy exists, for a start...)

So i really don't know what you're arguing any more!

Andrew
Andrew Posted Tue 05 Jun, 2007 9:00 PM Quote
I think Coldplay are awesome I can't believe how much people are lying in this thread as they're clearly innovators in musical world. I definitely like them more than Travis. I think Chris Martin would kick Fran's ass anyday.

http://www.rodentcontrolsupplies.com/victor_trap.jpg

paul_c
paul_c Posted Tue 05 Jun, 2007 9:02 PM Quote
Andrew wrote:
I think Coldplay are awesome I can't believe how much people are lying in this thread as they're clearly innovators in musical world. I definitely like them more than Travis. I think Chris Martin would kick Fran's ass anyday.

http://www.rodentcontrolsupplies.com/victor_trap.jpg

Lol! Does anyone remember the "Who would win in a fight?" on the old board? Ah, memories! :)

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Tue 05 Jun, 2007 10:25 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:

Meaningless comparison too. They are not even that similar to each other. Musically I mean. Well they are both from The UK if that does count.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Tue 05 Jun, 2007 11:11 PM Quote
It's true. Even though when Coldplay first came about everyone thought they were Travis (how, exactly???) they're totally different now.

For a start, Travis are still good!

Guitarist
Guitarist Posted Wed 06 Jun, 2007 4:07 PM Quote
DavesUrMan wrote:
paul_c wrote:
PipeDreams wrote:
paul_c wrote:

well no not really coz just because some one is a member of travis online dont mean they onli like travis and that is there no 1 fav band they could be members of 50 other band sites for all we know

Yeah, it is.

BECAUSE...

Most people on here are going to be Travis fans and use the Travis board because of this. Apart from the picky buggers who have to use more than one messageboard. Case in point...erm, YOU! lol

Thanks for resting my case for me. So kind

I absolutely detest coldplay, but just because you actually can stand another band as well as travis doesn't mean you are picky. That smacks that you think that we all should have a certain 'alleigance' which is just weird. On a forum the point is to DISCUSS the music, its cocky fans who think "I'm the number one fan, no I am, no I am" that think like that. Its not a board just to drool all over them, a lot of their songs I really can't stand but I enjoy talking about what I like and dislike. If somebody asked "travis or mozart" I would most certainly say Mozart - or even the Beatles to that length - I'm not picky just because I'm capable of appreciating more than one style of music. - In fact, surely i'm the opposite - I can appreciate loads of music, you can apparently only appreciate travis in this line of questioning - just like someone will only eat strawberries out of all the fruits, and cheddar out of all the cheeses :)

Dave...u r my man...thanks for being an intelligent person.

lady_brandybuck
lady_brandybuck Posted Wed 06 Jun, 2007 4:10 PM Quote
Coldplay is fine, but a bit depressive music... i prefer Travis 100 times more

jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Thu 07 Jun, 2007 4:59 AM Quote
i'm late n this thread, andthis is extremely subjective, 'case for me...first, i don't like coldplay, 'cause travis music's giving m something, all ravis songsgive me someting to me, andall of themare telling me somehing, in the case of coldpay they're songs don't gave to me nothing, but this is for me, i prefer travis,for the reason i said,and i think fran'svoice is much better.

martina
martina Posted Thu 07 Jun, 2007 7:37 AM Quote
I like Coldplay but they're not one of my favourite bands.

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Thu 07 Jun, 2007 9:04 AM Quote
Guitarist wrote:

Dave...u r my man...thanks for being an intelligent person.

Lol Thank you - I like you're little pun there ;)

Tianyan
Tianyan Posted Wed 27 Jun, 2007 5:17 PM Quote
TRAVIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It like asking Muse and Radiohead fans to come to an unanimous decision as to which of the aforementioned bands are better...really!

Footnote...Muse are superior by far! Hehehhe...oh gosh...maybe I just declared war??

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Wed 27 Jun, 2007 5:19 PM Quote
Tianyan wrote:
TRAVIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It like asking Muse and Radiohead fans to come to an unanimous decision as to which of the aforementioned bands are better...really!

Footnote...Muse are superior by far! Hehehhe...oh gosh...maybe I just declared war??

Radiohead fer meeee =P

Tianyan
Tianyan Posted Wed 27 Jun, 2007 5:30 PM Quote
If I am honest, Radiohead are good...though I just prefer Muse...besides...I am secretly in love with Matt Bellamy...well, not so secret anymore I guess...oops!

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:31 AM