Travis

Question about the mix
heich
heich Posted Mon 14 Apr, 2008 8:16 AM Quote
Probably nobody will be able to answer this but Fran or any of the guys.

Why is he the only band member who is at the mix sessions? We knew a couple of days ago that Neil and Andy did that Ford instruments presentation at the RAH, and Dougie must be with his baby and his missus.

I had the idea that all the band should be at the album mix session but i guess i was wrong cus Emery and Fran are the only ones there.

Is it a "we trust on what Fran decides" thing?

Re: Question about the mix
Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Mon 14 Apr, 2008 1:54 PM Quote
hi heich. whilst ur waiting, can you explain what 'mixing' actually is. especially from a tape. I am trying to imagine but my musical ability is 'listener only'. What is Emery doing with the tape that is special? couldn't be done in london?

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 14 Apr, 2008 1:57 PM Quote
Somewhere Else wrote:
hi heich. whilst ur waiting, can you explain what 'mixing' actually is. especially from a tape. I am trying to imagine but my musical ability is 'listener only'. What is Emery doing with the tape that is special? couldn't be done in london?

It could be done in London but why not New York? lol I think thats it basically.

Oh and what actually happens with mixing, i don't really know. :)

Safe Side
Safe Side Posted Mon 14 Apr, 2008 2:35 PM Quote
I have a limited sort of knowlage of mixing etc from making demos with my band. The mixing process is a quite long and can mainly be done by the producer/mixer himself all the sort of decisions have been made in the studio while it was being produced thisi s just sort of fine tuning everything and turning ceritan things up and down in the mix i guess.....i think it would be pretty boring for all the band to do it im guessin frans just their to make sure things go well and he probebly fancyed a wee trip to his house in New York anyways haha

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Tue 15 Apr, 2008 10:39 PM Quote
Why does it take such a long time? Surely there aren't that many different combinations of sliders, especially on a 16-track jobby.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 15 Apr, 2008 11:10 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
Why does it take such a long time? Surely there aren't that many different combinations of sliders, especially on a 16-track jobby.

I don't think it is taking long. The first mix session they did the first 6 songs on the album (more than half) in 3 days. :)

I'm wondering, after Fran said that it was the end of the first session in the last blog, when the second one started. I hope it was only a couple of weeks after the first at most. I mean, i hope it's done and dusted by now. Should only take 3 or 4 days to do those final 5 songs, so it should be done in reality now.

I smell an early August release... :)

maryhill_johnny
maryhill_johnny Posted Tue 15 Apr, 2008 11:31 PM Quote
Neil and Andy are busy getting psyched up for the tour. They are like caged beasts ready to lay the smack down.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 3:00 PM