Travis

Frans equipment post is up.
FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Wed 09 Apr, 2008 11:25 AM Quote
Interesting read. Love these equipment posts :-)
Miss the old telecaster, and I hope it'll be back for the tour (the blonde one just isn't the same).

http://www.travisonline.com/band/?id=176&p=1

Re: Frans equipment post is up.
Sky-Blue Puppy
Sky-Blue Puppy Posted Wed 09 Apr, 2008 11:47 AM Quote
Thanks for the information, Edith! :)

Hehee, when i saw the 1973 Les Paul in Andy's blog, i thought wow, it's from the same year when i was born. Wow, it's an old one! But that means... i'm old! :(
Now, however, i feel quite young again what with the years 1956 and 1957 in the photos :D

All of the guitars are so beautiful :)
I wish i had one. Unfortunately i wouldn't know what to do with one other than stare at it admiringly.... *sigh*

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 09 Apr, 2008 12:52 PM Quote
Sky-Blue Puppy wrote:

I wish i had one. Unfortunately i wouldn't know what to do with one other than stare at it admiringly.... *sigh*

Exactly the same here... :(

Moray
Moray Posted Wed 09 Apr, 2008 1:02 PM Quote
I remember the telecaster being pinched - it was when the band played Buchanan street, in a free outdoors concert for the new virgin megastore opening. it made the papers and everything. I absolutely love that guitar of his.

Interesting to see the mustang there - no list of songs yet, but we know it, combined with the new amp, has help inspire the new direction!

mili
mili Posted Wed 09 Apr, 2008 3:11 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Sky-Blue Puppy wrote:

Exactly the same here... :(

And here :^P

I had an acoustic guitar once (managed even play Love me tender with it), but gave it to a (now) ex-boyfriend 20 years ago.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 09 Apr, 2008 3:19 PM Quote
I'm going to learn. I have a guitar. I pick it up and think 'mmm, right then, what now?' A minute later I put it away again only for the same thing to happen a month later.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 09 Apr, 2008 3:27 PM Quote
I never realized some of those instruments were so old. Cool!

Monica
Monica Posted Wed 09 Apr, 2008 3:36 PM Quote
Beautiful guitars.

milos
milos Posted Wed 09 Apr, 2008 3:53 PM Quote
Moray wrote:
I remember the telecaster being pinched - it was when the band played Buchanan street, in a free outdoors concert for the new virgin megastore opening. it made the papers and everything. I absolutely love that guitar of his.

Interesting to see the mustang there - no list of songs yet, but we know it, combined with the new amp, has help inspire the new direction!

I think the guitar Fran uses on the new album is Fender Jazzmaster. He used Mustang on The Fear (live "rock" version) and maybe something else.

damon
damon Posted Wed 09 Apr, 2008 4:54 PM Quote
in nov 9th concert razz ask me what brand was the fran's guitar during sing, and i surely said taylor, because i was sure it was,,,, and up to now i realized it is a guild,,,, perhaps that's why i never find it in taylor catalogue,,,,

my favourite is the old telecaster,,,
the mustang was used to play the fear, in live alexandra palace he plays it, but also one string gets borken and has to be changed for some other telecaster....

altough are nice these pics, lots of guitars are missing... either andy-fran-dougie....

cheers anyway

Clow
Clow Posted Wed 09 Apr, 2008 5:05 PM Quote
When i saw the one that was used in the recording of battleships my heart was like BOOM! <3

TK23
TK23 Posted Wed 09 Apr, 2008 5:25 PM Quote
I thought the bit about the Taylor 12 String and Dave Matthews was quite interesting.

neverAcquiesce
neverAcquiesce Posted Wed 09 Apr, 2008 7:49 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
I'm going to learn. I have a guitar. I pick it up and think 'mmm, right then, what now?' A minute later I put it away again only for the same thing to happen a month later.

Buy a tuner. Get the thing tuned properly and just have at it. Play at your own pace, learn slowly. Use 911tabs.com. Have fun.

And, God, does that twelve-stringer intimidate me so. My poor fingers have a hard enough time trying to fret one wee string.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 09 Apr, 2008 9:29 PM Quote
neverAcquiesce wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

Buy a tuner. Get the thing tuned properly and just have at it. Play at your own pace, learn slowly. Use 911tabs.com. Have fun.

And, God, does that twelve-stringer intimidate me so. My poor fingers have a hard enough time trying to fret one wee string.

Thank you very much for the advice. I've always wanted to learn, I'm going to now. I'm doing guitar hero 3 on hard and I'm doing well on expert. Time for the real thing! Haha. :)

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Wed 09 Apr, 2008 11:38 PM Quote
damon wrote:
in nov 9th concert razz ask me what brand was the fran's guitar during sing, and i surely said taylor, because i was sure it was,,,, and up to now i realized it is a guild,,,, perhaps that's why i never find it in taylor catalogue,,,,

my favourite is the old telecaster,,,
the mustang was used to play the fear, in live alexandra palace he plays it, but also one string gets borken and has to be changed for some other telecaster....

altough are nice these pics, lots of guitars are missing... either andy-fran-dougie....

cheers anyway

Well, i remember that question...

As you, my favourite is the Old Telecaster, but the Fran`s 6 String Taylor is amazing to have an acoustic sesion.
I remember too the Mustang, At Alexandra Palace...
I think Fran played The Fear at Mexico City on February04 with the Fender Mustang...

Personally, i love Andy`s Les Paul and Fran`s 6 String Taylor...

I am desesperated to wait about Neil`s Drums. I really like that Sabian...

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:55 PM