Travis

April Fools!!!
Moray
Moray Posted Tue 01 Apr, 2008 10:39 AM Quote
Anyone been hit with any good April Fools gags this morning?

Re: April Fools!!!
Ursina
Ursina Posted Tue 01 Apr, 2008 10:46 AM Quote
nahhhhh not yet¨anyways. Still try to figure out whether the resignation of the UBS boss is an April fool or not

I see the TWT chopped to swan off ! hehe

mili
mili Posted Tue 01 Apr, 2008 10:48 AM Quote
The Finnish soon to be former minister of foreign affairs had been sending suggestive sms:s to an exotic dancer, who sold the messages to a gossip magazine. I was told that the magazine in question was sold to a publisher that owns even sleazier mag, and that all the scandal was created just to get a better price. I believed it, wouldn't have surprised me at all.

A petrol station in Helsinki was surprised to have a huge amount of customers demanding cheap beer – a result of an April fools joke by a radio station.

Daily telegraph had a nice story of flying penguins and the Sun told about Sarkozy's plans to make himself taller.

Hanne
Hanne Posted Tue 01 Apr, 2008 12:06 PM Quote
According to some Danish papers, Denmark sold off Greenland to the US.

Other papers claim that the wrong person was voted out of X-Factor in the semifinals.

I'm sure there are other wrong stories, but I just haven't spotted them yet :o)

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Tue 01 Apr, 2008 12:27 PM Quote
Hanne wrote:
According to some Danish papers, Denmark sold off Greenland to the US.

Other papers claim that the wrong person was voted out of X-Factor in the semifinals.

I'm sure there are other wrong stories, but I just haven't spotted them yet :o)

Lets face it, newspapers don't need April Fools as an excuse to lie, lol.

Helen *the original*
Helen *the original* Posted Tue 01 Apr, 2008 12:41 PM Quote
I've not had one! I thought at least someone might come in for a laugh but nothing. Frankly, i'm disappointed!

Peculiar
Peculiar Posted Tue 01 Apr, 2008 1:45 PM Quote
I've kinda had one. I went on my bebo and in the changes bit it said someone was saying that he'd heard Gordon Stachan had resigned! Spent afew minutes looking for more info until I realised the date!

mili
mili Posted Tue 01 Apr, 2008 1:52 PM Quote
This is nice

http://typophile.com/node/43759

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 01 Apr, 2008 1:56 PM Quote
Peculiar wrote:
I've kinda had one. I went on my bebo and in the changes bit it said someone was saying that he'd heard Gordon Stachan had resigned! Spent afew minutes looking for more info until I realised the date!

According to a few of the Irish Pundits it won't be long before he does, They reckon he doesn't get enough respect as a manager from the board, players or supporters. That combined with the fact he's a wee narky power hungry sh!thead, mean as soon as a half decent Premier side put in for him he'll bolt out the door.

Dubz

Ursina
Ursina Posted Tue 01 Apr, 2008 2:05 PM Quote
Helen *the original* wrote:
I've not had one! I thought at least someone might come in for a laugh but nothing. Frankly, i'm disappointed!

nothing here either... but the day is not over yet! usually my hubby catches me out when I don't expect it anymore lol

Monica
Monica Posted Tue 01 Apr, 2008 2:40 PM Quote
In Spain this day is "celebrated" on 28th December :p

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 01 Apr, 2008 2:42 PM Quote
Monica wrote:
In Spain this day is "celebrated" on 28th December :p

December is one fiesta laden month in Spain

Monica
Monica Posted Tue 01 Apr, 2008 2:44 PM Quote
Yes, it is xDDDDD

minnesotamary
minnesotamary Posted Tue 01 Apr, 2008 3:13 PM Quote
Better yet, has anyone successfully pulled off an April Fool's prank today?

I'm not much of a prankster myself, but I did manage to successfully pull one off in the summer of 2005 - I was newly married and the Hubby and I were doing the long distance thing (me in TX, he in MN). Anyway, I told him that I was pregnant. He got all panicked since he was just starting his practice and even went so far as looking for temporary work until his practice was off the ground. It wasn't until that evening that he realized that he'd been fooled!

He thought it was pretty mean so I've given him a reprieve for several years...hmmm, I think I might still have time to think of something today, hehe!

elodie
elodie Posted Tue 01 Apr, 2008 6:04 PM Quote
The guys in my classroom called a pizza deliverer in my high school.
He came during the maths lesson and our teacher was terribly hampered by the situation, he didn't understand what was going on... I have to say it was a really bad and disappointing joke plus the pizzas weren't tasty... ;-)

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 11:32 PM