Travis

Re:
irenesfor
irenesfor Posted Mon 24 Mar, 2008 10:29 PM Quote
Ohh! They hooked me, in a gig, the last 22th of September... Before, I dont know them, but since that day, I couldn't have stopped listening to them... =)
Cheers!!

Re:
RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Mon 24 Mar, 2008 11:31 PM Quote
lost-angel wrote:
I remember when I was watching my favorite American talk show (at the comfort of my home) when I first came across with the band. The band’s name seems familiar but as far as familiarity is concern that as far as I can go. They sang “Selfish Jean” that day and I was blown away by their performance. I was hooked instantly and I even purchased my very first Travis CD (The Boy with No Name) the day after. As I explore their past materials, pre-The boy with no name era, my involvement grows bigger and bigger.

I came across with “Travis Classics” when I saw their DVD at the palace (and that was the time I really felt committed to the band). My best-loved Travis song is “Driftwood”. Although “Closer” is my darling at the moment.

Fran is very talented musician and a genius songwriter; he’s entertaining energy in every performance is amazing. Though, I personally think that the band is at the top of their game when they perform their signature-emotional songs.

From what I gather, the days of “The Man Who” was the height of their career. (So much tribute on that celebrated time). I regret I wasn’t there. (Better to be late than never right?). Don’t get me wrong, “The invisible band” is actually my dearest. And I have a good feeling that the band’s crowning moment is still yet to come… base on the ever expanding fan base. (Yes, that’s me… hehe).

I promise myself I will see the band live one day. It’s impossible at the moment because of my situation. And I look forward to that day for I know it would be more than concert for me.

I check on the messageboard regularly now. I think it’s wonderful that Fran is so involve with the fans. If in any way this ends up to him, I wish to say continue delivering us brilliant music and I can’t wait to get my hands on the new album…

Cheers!

Lost angel

Welcome to a drug called "Travis"

Re: Re:
lost-angel
lost-angel Posted Tue 25 Mar, 2008 4:45 AM Quote
Im glad you guyz liked it.

Im from the Philippines which is great but quite unfortunate as a travis fan. Im hopeful though because travis songs are starting to influence our airwaves. But i promise i will see them live, no matter what. I heard they're like 10 times better "Live" compare to how they are on Tv or in my MP3 player.

thanx for the link "the boy with cryptic name", its exactly what i need at the moment. i'd be hanging there for a while. great site, dont you think?

i agree with GMS1968, the more i listen to their songs it gets better and better... like what elein said... its magic!

Ill try to read that "cornax"... i hope they are not breaking up though...

cornax
cornax Posted Tue 25 Mar, 2008 11:30 AM Quote
lost-angel wrote:

Ill try to read that "cornax"... i hope they are not breaking up though...

Oh no! I wasn't implying that at all! In fact, quite the opposite.

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Tue 25 Mar, 2008 3:04 PM Quote
lost-angel wrote:
Im from the Philippines which is great but quite unfortunate as a travis fan. Im hopeful though because travis songs are starting to influence our airwaves. But i promise i will see them live, no matter what. I heard they're like 10 times better "Live" compare to how they are on Tv or in my MP3 player.

thanx for the link "the boy with cryptic name", its exactly what i need at the moment. i'd be hanging there for a while. great site, dont you think?

If you possibly can see them live, do! I suppose Japan and America are sort of close to you, but they're still a long way away :(

If you don't know which amazing song to listen to next, here is the boardie's best b-side vote, so you can work your way down. :)

Re:
Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 25 Mar, 2008 4:19 PM Quote
Hey! Welcome to the board!! It's great to see new Travis fans! :)

lost-angel
lost-angel Posted Sat 29 Mar, 2008 7:16 AM Quote
If you possibly can see them live, do! I suppose Japan and America are sort of close to you, but they're still a long way away :(

Bit depressing whem i think about it. seems as if everything is pulling against the one thing i am most passionate about.

Im currently working at my papers, planning to study in the UK. If everything is in agreement, then ill be one step closer... (Fingers cross)

Re:
erikausagi
erikausagi Posted Sat 29 Mar, 2008 9:21 AM Quote
hey! welcome to the ship called MB and full of Travis fans. in this ship you'll find a lot of friendly people trying to help you while you're discovering Travis.

it's really nice to see how through the time some people discover Travis and fell into the magic of the lyrics and the chords... I used to felt several years ago but I'm still in love with Travis, they had been in the best and the worst times for me, like my own soundtrack... I hope you'll get some Travis tracks in your soundtrack as well...

welcome again!! *sorry, suddenly the inspiration comes into myself lol*

Re:
erikausagi
erikausagi Posted Sat 29 Mar, 2008 9:22 AM Quote
hey! welcome to the ship called MB and full of Travis fans. in this ship you'll find a lot of friendly people trying to help you while you're discovering Travis.

it's really nice to see how through the time some people discover Travis and fell into the magic of the lyrics and the chords... I used to felt several years ago but I'm still in love with Travis, they had been in the best and the worst times for me, like my own soundtrack... I hope you'll get some Travis tracks in your soundtrack as well...

welcome again!! *sorry, suddenly the inspiration comes into myself lol*

Re:
galletitabonita
galletitabonita Posted Sat 29 Mar, 2008 7:26 PM Quote
ahhhm it's nice to read histories like this!
a new fan!!!
welcome in, welcome in... u'r welcome

Re:
heysupernova
heysupernova Posted Sun 30 Mar, 2008 3:17 AM Quote
welcome in! it's so nice to hear all the different kinds of stories from travis fans :) yours is quite lovely! please have fun on the MB, we're a very nice, funny group of people =) cheers and welcome again!

Re:
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sun 30 Mar, 2008 4:51 AM Quote
Lovely post! Welcome from Argentina :o)
Never lose hope: you'll get your chance to see Travis live and it'll rock your world. They came to my country for the first time last year :o)

Re:
laura_bjski
laura_bjski Posted Mon 31 Mar, 2008 1:18 AM Quote
hallo!!!

I think that it's amazing that more people discover this wonderfullllllll band!

Welcome!!

Re:
bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Mon 31 Mar, 2008 4:04 AM Quote
Lovely post. Welcome and have fun in here! :oD.
I'm sure you'll get the chance of see them live :o).

heyjude
heyjude Posted Thu 01 May, 2008 9:02 AM Quote
lost-angel wrote:
Im from the Philippines which is great but quite unfortunate as a travis fan.

Hello lost-angel, I've just come across your post. Glad to see someone from the PH cos there's very few of us on this board. Welcome, kababayan!! :-)

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 5:02 PM