Travis

Fran Healy and the Travis Effect
GMS1968
GMS1968 Posted Tue 04 Mar, 2008 7:33 PM Quote
After meeting Fran, Neil and Andy after the Bristol gig I was realy struck by how nice they were. I did not get to meet Dougie after the show, possibly because of an incident with a curly wurly! But i am sure that he is just as nice.

Fran was so genuinly nice, gentlemanly and polite and came across as a thoroughly good person.

I have to say, in this day and age of some people in the spotlight of the media, being a bad influence on the people who look up to them as role models, how nice it is to have met someone who has had a totaly positive influence on me.
I call it the TRAVIS EFFECT.

People like Fran, Dougie, Andy and Neil should be championed more by the media. Other individuals in positions of responsibility constantly let themselves (and the people who look up to them as role models)down.

Have you ever met Travis?
And what effect did they have on you?

P.s, Ode to J.smith to be number 1 for 10 weeks.
Travis to be performing for another 30 years.
And Fran Healy to be a world leader.

Oh well...you can dream, cant you.

Re: Fran Healy and the Travis Effect
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 04 Mar, 2008 7:53 PM Quote
You come out as very excited, it's funny :oP

I met them when they came to Argentina last november. I got to see them and talk to them a few times during the three days they stayed in Buenos Aires. And they're awesome. Extremely polite. I didn't expect that at all. Not that I thought they'd be a**holes or anything, but they're very very friendly... it's not normal hahaha.
And when I saw them live it all made sense. They have this thing of making the fans feel so welcome. The connection with the audience is such an important thing when they play, that their "attitude" (?) towards the fans outside the venue is just an extension of that. It's lovely.
They're the nicest band I've ever met.

(Sorry about my English).

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Tue 04 Mar, 2008 7:55 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:

Juli, is that a joke?!

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Tue 04 Mar, 2008 7:56 PM Quote
I second what you said. I could've elaborated why I love them so much, but my English vocabulary just wouldn't make them justice ;-) I've met them a few times, and they're genuinely nice people. How they manage to be equally nice and charming with every single person they meet is beyond my understanding..

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 04 Mar, 2008 8:03 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:

Juli, is that a joke?!

Not at all! Haha. I don't know if what I'm saying makes sense or not whenever I speak/write in English. I always have doubts when it comes to English. I think it's a miracle you can understand me xD.

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Tue 04 Mar, 2008 8:06 PM Quote
GMS1968 wrote:

I call it the TRAVIS EFFECT.

1000000000% agree

Everybody who knows Travis has felt the same, that feeling as you said: Travis Effect.

Is a beautiful feeling, a "Travis Shock", and you can feel it for a long time more.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Tue 04 Mar, 2008 8:06 PM Quote

Not at all! Haha. I don't know if what I'm saying makes sense or not whenever I speak/write in English. I always have doubts when it comes to English. I think it's a miracle you can understand me xD.

You're just trying to force us to tell you compliments, aren't you? haha

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 04 Mar, 2008 8:10 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:

You're just trying to force us to tell you compliments, aren't you? haha

No, no! There's no need. I'll shut up now :oP

Back on topic: Travis rocks. And yes, it's true. The "Travis feeling" lasts for months :o)

moominbadger
moominbadger Posted Tue 04 Mar, 2008 8:46 PM Quote
Yup, spot on!! I met Dougie and Andy for the first time in Bristol and Fran for the second time...they are just such lovely, humble people! As we were saying bye to Andy, he shook our hands and said "nice to meet you" and you could tell that he genuinely did mean it! The fact that they don't mind sparing their precious time to chat with us means so much and it's so refreshing that fame hasn't gone to their heads.

Elein
Elein Posted Tue 04 Mar, 2008 8:50 PM Quote
Travis makes the world a better place.

moominbadger
moominbadger Posted Tue 04 Mar, 2008 8:52 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:

Juli, is that a joke?!

Your English is fantastic! Don't worry so much!

flower_in_the_window
flower_in_the_window Posted Tue 04 Mar, 2008 9:38 PM Quote
They really are the nicest guys ever. As a very (VERY) old fan, I have met the band a rediculous amount of times. They ust get nicer and nicer!
I have never come accorss a band who take as much time to get to know their fans, and are so genuine.

Great guys. I love em!

GMS1968
GMS1968 Posted Tue 04 Mar, 2008 9:57 PM Quote
Its just great that we all feel the same.
It seems like all Travis fans are realy nice people too.
Everyone expresses themselves superbly.

I am fairly new to the boards and would like to take this chance to say hello to everybody.

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Tue 04 Mar, 2008 11:11 PM Quote
I was quite nervous about meeting them and as others have said before ,the brain goes blank and when it does start , well , not sure what is going to come out!haha

-but wherever they are and whoever they are with they have hearts of gold and the time and patience they take to give what can only be described as affection to their fans is really quite unparallelled . They are very special people indeed , no doubt about it.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Wed 05 Mar, 2008 3:07 AM Quote
GMS1968 wrote:
Its just great that we all feel the same.
It seems like all Travis fans are realy nice people too.
Everyone expresses themselves superbly.

I am fairly new to the boards and would like to take this chance to say hello to everybody.

Hi! :o)
Cheers from Argentina.

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:18 PM