Travis

Re: More Pick 'n' Mix for Dougie
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 29 Feb, 2008 8:18 PM Quote
gladsadmad wrote:

Now that Travis are confirmed as being unsigned, what kind of label do you expect to sign up with to release the new album, major or independent? (Or the one that gives you the most money) Does the band have a particular direction set out in your minds as to how you would like to release / market it to take to labels and get signed?

Good question. And I add:

- How will that affect future releases in countries other than the UK? I'm particularly worried about Argentina (:oP). Will the new record be released here?

Thanks a lot Dougie!

Re: More Pick 'n' Mix for Dougie
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 29 Feb, 2008 8:18 PM Quote
Double post, sorry!

Re: Questions for Dougie Thread
heich
heich Posted Fri 29 Feb, 2008 8:42 PM Quote
I've just read you will have 4 months for your baby. So when can we expect to have the new album? July/August maybe?

And also, what does the artwork is going to look like??

And finally, Stereophonics did a poll so their fans can vote for the songs they want to listen at a show (singles, album tracks, b sides, covers and so on). What do you think about that? Would you do something similar?

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Fri 29 Feb, 2008 11:02 PM Quote
Do you plan on touring in the U.S. this year, and if you are, please come back to Seattle? Thanks Dougie

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sat 01 Mar, 2008 12:44 AM Quote
whats your favorite flavor for frozen yogurt ?

gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Sat 01 Mar, 2008 5:53 PM Quote
Thanks for answering the questions so far Dougie!

Can you confirm that the album title will be called "Ode To J. Smith", as was on the hymn sheets given out at the club gigs and the t-shirts? And is this the confirmed order of the tracklist?
http://www.travisonline.com/archive/pictures/fc1f215f21692130e10e94e5930751e5.jpg

MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Sat 01 Mar, 2008 7:30 PM Quote
Hey Dougie,
Now that the rumours of leaving Independiente are cleared (good to hear it was amicable), is the new record going to be released digitally only, like Radiohead did? Or are you going to look for a new label?
That gong reminds of the scene in Help! when it looks like the guy is going to hit a massive gong but turns out to be a wee one lol. And lots of tracking going on eh? For a while it seemed it would be Let It Be-ish. All sounds good and can't wait to hear it. Reading your diaries, I realise that my band is evolving, and so have I. It's a nice feeling. =D
Finally congrats again and enjoy your paternity leave. X
Cheers [||]D

UnderTheMoonlight
UnderTheMoonlight Posted Sat 01 Mar, 2008 8:06 PM Quote

I forgot to ask you this in person (I instead asked about your hip-shaking talent... forgive me), so:
I saw a "Great Performances" program featuring Paul McCartney doing a show from Abbey Road a few years back, and you, Fran and I believe Kelly were in the crowd. Who the heck gets into a show like that and what was it like in person? I can imagine, but still...

And/Or: Do you follow American politics? Do you have a favorite presidential candidate?

Thanks!!!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 01 Mar, 2008 9:02 PM Quote
MusicGirl99 wrote:
Hey Dougie,
Now that the rumours of leaving Independiente are cleared (good to hear it was amicable), is the new record going to be released digitally only, like Radiohead did? Or are you going to look for a new label?
That gong reminds of the scene in Help! when it looks like the guy is going to hit a massive gong but turns out to be a wee one lol. And lots of tracking going on eh? For a while it seemed it would be Let It Be-ish. All sounds good and can't wait to hear it. Reading your diaries, I realise that my band is evolving, and so have I. It's a nice feeling. =D
Cheers [||]D

Radiohead's recent album was released on Cd and got to number 1 in the album chart. Digital only would be a huge mistake by the band. I hope they release it on Cd.

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sat 01 Mar, 2008 10:03 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
MusicGirl99 wrote:
Hey Dougie,
Cheers [||]D

Radiohead's recent album was released on Cd and got to number 1 in the album chart. Digital only would be a huge mistake by the band. I hope they release it on Cd.

Agree

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sat 01 Mar, 2008 10:07 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
MusicGirl99 wrote:
Hey Dougie,
Cheers [||]D

Not sure whether they meant digital only or not, but we do need an album. It would be great to get it sooner on digital, but I think I'd prefer a full CD release.
Also, it would be weird if they kept it for four months, then decided to release it themsleves...

Still, this is the questions for Dougie thread, so maybe someone should try to ask? :)

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Sat 01 Mar, 2008 10:13 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:
MusicGirl99 wrote:
Hey Dougie,
Cheers [||]D

Not sure whether they meant digital only or not, but we do need an album. It would be great to get it sooner on digital, but I think I'd prefer a full CD release.
Also, it would be weird if they kept it for four months, then decided to release it themsleves...

Still, this is the questions for Dougie thread, so maybe someone should try to ask? :)

i think travis should do the same that past album. Each week post a new song at Travis Myspace...

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 01 Mar, 2008 10:15 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:
MusicGirl99 wrote:
Hey Dougie,
Cheers [||]D

I imagine that while Dougie is at home, work will be done on artwork, record company etc so that when the band get back together, they're ready to release the album not too long after. I should imagine that the album will be out no later than September. For a start, the band seem extremely keen to get on with it. Going to be a great album. Will be worth the wait.

healyramirez
healyramirez Posted Sun 02 Mar, 2008 1:57 AM Quote
Dougie, who is the writer and the producer of Perfect Heaven Space and 12th Memory?

My Oasis fav album is Standing on the shoulders of giants (i know is a strange thing), what's your Oasis fav album?

The 6 album has similarities with Let it Be album. This album is my personal fav of the Beatles, what's yours?

12 Memories is like Standing and Let it be a great album but underrated. Dougie said last year in a interview that You Bring Me Down (great song) had 12 Memories feeling. What's your actual opinion of 12 Memories?

Dougie the last summer Travis was in Córdoba (Spain). I want to know if you or any travis members visit some important places of Córdoba like La Mezquita, Medina Azahara or La Corredera.

Thanks.

Alisha
Alisha Posted Sun 02 Mar, 2008 2:00 AM Quote
Any idea on the new record label? Any talk being done about it with any record company at all? Any clue? Any thing?

An about the tour

We will tour later in the year.

(YESSS!!!)
If you have any idea about it already... will it be UK? Europe? Worldwide?

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:24 PM