Travis

Questions for Dougie Thread
ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Thu 28 Feb, 2008 5:08 PM Quote
Just thought it be easier for him if he could just go to one thread and read all of the questions instead of searching the board for them.

1) Do you have any music that you are listening to now that you would recommend? It doesn't have to be new, it can be old. I would recommend The Reminder by Feist and The Shepherd's Dog by Iron & Wine. Same question goes for movies. Any films new or old you've watched recently that you'd recommend? My recommendation: City of God. Watch this for the first time in a long time the other day and was blown away... again.

2) What are the chances of you guys chucking the Britney Spears cover from the set, and adding a stripped down, acoustic cover of Rhianna's Umbrella? Errrr... seriously.

3) Have you noticed our many failed attempts to get you to post on the board? Post dammit!

EDIT: How is Kelly doing?

Re: Questions for Dougie Thread
Moray
Moray Posted Thu 28 Feb, 2008 5:09 PM Quote
4) Knock Knock.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 28 Feb, 2008 5:21 PM Quote
5) What songs can I expect you to play on the sax when y'all are next in Austin?

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Thu 28 Feb, 2008 5:24 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
5) What songs can I expect you to play on the sax when y'all are next in Austin?

Haha... YES! Break out that sax!

Ooooo which reminds me of another question...

6) Alto, Tenor or Bari?

moominbadger
moominbadger Posted Thu 28 Feb, 2008 5:44 PM Quote
Can I post my question here aswell then?

Ok.........

Hello Dougie!

This question has probably been asked and answered on here before but I obviously missed it, so...

Who or what (or where?!) is the Filthy Swan that you mention in the "thank yous" on a couple of the album sleeves?!! Is it a pub?

Ta muchly!

From that girl who bumped into you and Claes before the gig in Bristol and held your coffee while you signed my "My Eyes" 7"!

gaby
gaby Posted Thu 28 Feb, 2008 5:58 PM Quote
Dear Dougie: First of all, hope you are feeling better about that molar (bad curly wurly, bad).
Now my question: What is the colour of the flickering light (aka, the spirit of Rak)??
:)
*cheers*

Moray
Moray Posted Thu 28 Feb, 2008 6:13 PM Quote
8) Do you want the number of a decent dentist in glasgow? My sister will sort you out for a knock down price. She's already done the bassist from Idelwilds teeth. Dentist to Scottish rock & roll bassists.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 28 Feb, 2008 6:16 PM Quote
MoraySwan wrote:
8) Do you want the number of a decent dentist in glasgow? My sister will sort you out for a knock down price. She's already done the bassist from Idelwilds teeth. Dentist to Scottish rock & roll bassists.

LMAO

Alisha
Alisha Posted Thu 28 Feb, 2008 6:31 PM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:

3) Have you noticed our many failed attempts to get you to post on the board? Post dammit!

and all the attempts to make it easier than easy for you to be cooperative about it I'd say :)

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Thu 28 Feb, 2008 6:47 PM Quote
MoraySwan wrote:

She should totally make business cards. And if I'm not mistaken, her name is just as kickass as yours, isn't it?

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Thu 28 Feb, 2008 7:07 PM Quote
Whoa, it is indeed Question for Dougie day, what tha? Did I miss something?

ElspethOllie wrote:
2) What are the chances of you guys chucking the Britney Spears cover, and adding a stripped down, acoustic cover of Rhianna's Umbrella? Errrr... seriously.

Lauren: You sure are hell bent on Umbrella aren't ya! I thought surely by now you'd have gone to a new obsession ;)

spid
spid Posted Thu 28 Feb, 2008 7:27 PM Quote
okay - who is the most creative musically when you all get stuck?
who is the boss - or do you all have your own areas to be boss in?
which of the new songs do you like the best?
who came up with the idea for a gong?

ta muchly.

McJen
McJen Posted Thu 28 Feb, 2008 7:37 PM Quote
What's your favourite sweet?... Coz I'm sure its not curly wurlys anymore!

Moray
Moray Posted Thu 28 Feb, 2008 7:45 PM Quote
carlottarocks wrote:
Whoa, it is indeed Question for Dougie day, what tha? Did I miss something?

ElspethOllie wrote:
2) What are the chances of you guys chucking the Britney Spears cover, and adding a stripped down, acoustic cover of Rhianna's Umbrella? Errrr... seriously.

Lauren: You sure are hell bent on Umbrella aren't ya! I thought surely by now you'd have gone to a new obsession ;)

Lauren, did you know that the Klaxxons have covered umberella?

moo_the_evil_boffin
moo_the_evil_boffin Posted Thu 28 Feb, 2008 7:50 PM Quote
Hello Dougie!

I cannot stop smiling since I met you and Fran in Brighton! Wanted to know if you guys were planning on releasing Lola as a B-side on a future single? It made my Dad's night when you played it :-)

Also, on any forthcoming tours please can you come a bit nearer to medway so that my dad doesn't have to drive so far at 2 am after a show ;-)

Cheers
Moo (Maria)

Pages [1] 2 3 4 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:50 PM