Travis

Where is the chat room???,
Celine
Celine Posted Sun 10 Feb, 2008 7:11 PM Quote
Hi there,
I have not been there for a while and last time I logged in there was a chatroom. As far as I can see no more chatroom there :(!!! That was so much fun to talk with all those different people from the whole world. Hope there will be one new soon!! :)

Re: Where is the chat room???,
Esteban
Esteban Posted Sun 10 Feb, 2008 7:27 PM Quote
I think one was talked about. I think it'd harm the board though.

Hanne
Hanne Posted Sun 10 Feb, 2008 7:30 PM Quote
It must have been a while then cos the chatroom hasn't been around for quite some time, don't remember when it disappeared.

At present, the only 'chatroom' is the board...

Esteban
Esteban Posted Sun 10 Feb, 2008 7:31 PM Quote
Yeah, I don't remember there being one on the old board, but I was a very infrequent visitor.

Soulslug
Soulslug Posted Sun 10 Feb, 2008 7:42 PM Quote
Haha chatroom? Well haven't you been away for a long time! Welcome back. No chatrooms at the moment I'm afraid. But it doesn't stop you chatting here :)

Hanne
Hanne Posted Sun 10 Feb, 2008 7:55 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:
Yeah, I don't remember there being one on the old board, but I was a very infrequent visitor.

There was one back on the board where you didn't have to log in. Quite annoying if you were on a computer that didn't allow cookies, cos you had to write your name every time. Plus, of course, there were people who loved to impersonate other boardies and thus creating havoc. At least this isn't gonna happen here :o)

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 10 Feb, 2008 11:08 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:
I think one was talked about. I think it'd harm the board though.

I agree with you, Esteban. I don't want a chatroom here because I enjoy reading the posts and going back to read something that I missed if I was away for a day or two or at work. Plus, I'd rather read a quality post than just back and forth chit chat. You can be a lot more creative with a post. It's also much more organized this way and keeps everyone connected from all over the world.

mozman68
mozman68 Posted Mon 11 Feb, 2008 12:39 AM Quote
I agree Nikki....but could the TWT at least make it so the posts that have updates or haven't been read show a "new" tag next to them so I can see where I left off??

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 11 Feb, 2008 12:43 AM Quote
mozman68 wrote:
I agree Nikki....but could the TWT at least make it so the posts that have updates or haven't been read show a "new" tag next to them so I can see where I left off??

Yeah...that would be helpful.

la femme qui
la femme qui Posted Mon 11 Feb, 2008 5:18 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:

I agree with you, Esteban. I don't want a chatroom here because I enjoy reading the posts and going back to read something that I missed if I was away for a day or two or at work. Plus, I'd rather read a quality post than just back and forth chit chat. You can be a lot more creative with a post. It's also much more organized this way and keeps everyone connected from all over the world.

...but on a message board you can't "sing" songs and write in coloured text like we did in the chatroom...

bara
bara Posted Mon 11 Feb, 2008 7:52 AM Quote
when the chatroom existed ive been there about 2 or 3 times.. it was okay. id like tod o that again..

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 11 Feb, 2008 9:13 AM Quote

There was a chatroom on the old board but it hadn't worked for about 2/3 years.

Dubz

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 11 Feb, 2008 11:54 AM Quote
la femme qui wrote:
Nikki wrote:

...but on a message board you can't "sing" songs and write in coloured text like we did in the chatroom...

Uh, I'll pass. :P I'd rather have a messageboard. You can't post pictures on a chat!

Celine
Celine Posted Mon 11 Feb, 2008 7:44 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

There was a chatroom on the old board but it hadn't worked for about 2/3 years.

Dubz

wouah that long??!!! OMG I feel ashamed I have not been visiting this website too often for the last couples of years at least! I promise I will now!! Take care all and thanks for answering!

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Mon 11 Feb, 2008 8:33 PM Quote
Is there something wrong with having both? I used to hang out in the chat room all the time, and post at the same time, it was fun.

*shrug*

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:53 AM