Travis

Re: The
joemono
joemono Posted Thu 07 Feb, 2008 10:56 PM Quote
This is all very exciting. I can't wait to hear the new songs, though it's going to be a while.

I am also really thrilled to see that they covered Lola. Maybe they can do a few Kinks covers this album around, similar to the way they covered Squeeze last album. That would make my day.

And to the band, if you're reading this - cover "Driving" and "Plastic Man" please. :)

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 08 Feb, 2008 12:19 AM Quote
WOW! Thank you for the wonderful review and for being so descriptive. The new songs sound like they're going to be amazing! I can't WAIT!!!!!!!!

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Fri 08 Feb, 2008 2:35 AM Quote
erikausagi wrote:
RaZzZ wrote:
I finally was listed Sailing Away live!!!!

So Lovely!!

hey raz!! donde estabas?? te estuve buscando en la fila, y despues del concierto y no te vi por ningun lado!! q por donde andas ahora eh? vas a ir a los demas conciertos??

Cuando empezo Chinese Blues andaba del lado de Andy, por enmedio...
Pero cuando acabo me fui porque iba acompañado. De hecho llevaba una playera blanca que decia friends =P

No, a los demas no voy a ir. Ahorita estoy en Gudow (Alemania)

Yo te dije desde antes que iba a estar, pero no quedaste en nada conmigo...
De hecho todos se enteraron, menos tu xD

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Fri 08 Feb, 2008 2:37 AM Quote
Now, i remember, in chinese blues, Fran was playing his new pedal (he wrote about his new pedal in his blog, (i guess)

heich
heich Posted Fri 08 Feb, 2008 4:34 AM Quote
RaZzZ wrote:
Now, i remember, in chinese blues, Fran was playing his new pedal (he wrote about his new pedal in his blog, (i guess)

wow how did you recognized the pedal? usually they have quite a few there

also i think that he mentioned something about using a different guitar and amps

did you record something? theres almost nothing about the show! im really lookin forward for more news

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 08 Feb, 2008 4:47 AM Quote
heich wrote:
RaZzZ wrote:

also i think that he mentioned something about using a different guitar and amps

did you record something? theres almost nothing about the show! im really lookin forward for more news

This is what Fran said in his blog about his new equipment: "...VOX AC30 which has opened up new sonic avenues, and more importantly inspired a 'key song' upon which many of the others will hang. I also switched to playing a Fender Jazzmaster instead of my telecaster."

Any guesses for those who went to the show on what that "key song" was? Was it the last one from the new songs that everyone who heard it seems to be digging?

gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Fri 08 Feb, 2008 9:13 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
evsie wrote:
“getting mad” played over the PA – this was lengthy and pardon my ignorance but I have no idea where this vocal comes from – a film most likely I guess? I’m not big on films.

The movie Network perhaps? If that's it... then that's AWESOME! That's such a fantastic movie.

In the monologue, did he say "I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it anymore!" If so, then that's Network.

Yes, it IS Network (Watch clip on YouTube here)

*Opens window*
"I'm as mad as hell, And I'm not going to take it anymore!"

erikausagi
erikausagi Posted Fri 08 Feb, 2008 2:03 PM Quote
RaZzZ wrote:

how did you see the new pedal if there was a black boxes hiding eveything around him??

erikausagi
erikausagi Posted Fri 08 Feb, 2008 2:07 PM Quote
RaZzZ wrote:
erikausagi wrote:
RaZzZ wrote:
I finally was listed Sailing Away live!!!!

So Lovely!!

hey raz!! donde estabas?? te estuve buscando en la fila, y despues del concierto y no te vi por ningun lado!! q por donde andas ahora eh? vas a ir a los demas conciertos??

Cuando empezo Chinese Blues andaba del lado de Andy, por enmedio...
Pero cuando acabo me fui porque iba acompañado. De hecho llevaba una playera blanca que decia friends =P

No, a los demas no voy a ir. Ahorita estoy en Gudow (Alemania)

Yo te dije desde antes que iba a estar, pero no quedaste en nada conmigo...
De hecho todos se enteraron, menos tu xD

no me dijiste porq no quisiste, muy diferente, te hubieras quedado en mi casa y no hubieras pagado hotel ni comida... ni modo... y q te parecio lo q dieron antes del concierto? te compraste algun souvenir de los q vendian?? q raro q no te haya visto... y cuando llegaste a inglaterra? cuando te fuiste a alemania?? bueno cuidate

me gustaria leer tu reseña del concierto!! y las fotoos!!!

laurimus
laurimus Posted Fri 08 Feb, 2008 3:46 PM Quote
Helou everybody!

The material sounds great though I haven't heard of it, just red it from here!
It would've been so cool to see this "special tour" live, but for me it was just impossible.

Do you have any knowledge or guesses when the new album is coming out? If they are going to the studio at the end of february what could be the most possible time of release?

Can't waite to hear the new stuff! :)
Take care all of you.

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Fri 08 Feb, 2008 4:35 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
This is what Fran said in his blog about his new equipment: "...VOX AC30 which has opened up new sonic avenues, and more importantly inspired a 'key song' upon which many of the others will hang. I also switched to playing a Fender Jazzmaster instead of my telecaster."

I've seen some pics of Fran and his new Jazzmaster in the tour archive. It probably sounds awesome, but still I miss the old telecaster :P It's like they don't quite match..

heich
heich Posted Fri 08 Feb, 2008 4:54 PM Quote
FranFlower wrote:
Nikki wrote:

I've seen some pics of Fran and his new Jazzmaster in the tour archive. It probably sounds awesome, but still I miss the old telecaster :P It's like they don't quite match..

yeah it looks so strange, and so Andy when he uses a strato caster (i think) when they play beautiful occupation

grace
grace Posted Fri 08 Feb, 2008 5:48 PM Quote
Baby Fran wrote:
mili wrote:
Baby Fran wrote:
Fantastic show, just hope Andy is ok!

Why do you say that, did something happen?

Yeah he got taken to hospital with suspected broken ankle.

did he hurt it during the show? poor andy. i can't imagine him not jumping around during a show.

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Fri 08 Feb, 2008 5:49 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
heich wrote:
RaZzZ wrote:

Any guesses for those who went to the show on what that "key song" was? Was it the last one from the new songs that everyone who heard it seems to be digging?

I didn`t see Pedal, but Nikki is right, Fran was playing chinese blues with others key songs, how i don`t remember in past songs.

As i told you, i just guess... but the sounds was definitely different. Fran don`t use many effects than Andy, cos he is not lead guitar.

But i remember, Fran plays with a Marshall ampl. So, i like jezzmaster than telecaster...

erikausagi wrote:
no me dijiste porq no quisiste, muy diferente, te hubieras quedado en mi casa y no hubieras pagado hotel ni comida..

I was with some German friends, then i left when the show when it finished.
But if you like, you can vist Lûbeck, so close of gudow, i`m there

Linda2671
Linda2671 Posted Fri 08 Feb, 2008 5:57 PM Quote
Hi I was lucky enough to be at Cambridge Weds night and thought the guys were fantastic - was quite funny how they whizzed through the new songs, it was like Fran had told himself he would not let himself speak - a couple of times he grinned and you just felt like he wanted to say 'ok I can't not talk' but he kept going - liked most of the new stuff esp the last song, can't remember what it was called. When they came back on they did a good mix, but for me ending with AIWDIR was just the icing on the cake! Over too quickly but a fantastic night. Good to be so up close and personal too!

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Next All Times BST Current Time 5:39 AM