Travis

Re: The
sorry angel
sorry angel Posted Thu 07 Feb, 2008 4:31 PM Quote
Great review indeed evsie, I am thrilled by the sound you seem to announce, exactly where they need to go, back to the roots!

deebee
deebee Posted Thu 07 Feb, 2008 4:44 PM Quote
It's a nice idea to try out their new songs at small gigs but I can't help feeling that some fans may be disappointed with this. I'm quite non-plussed about the setlist of "old" songs, leaving out WDIAROM is unthinkable!!!!! I'm just a big baby who needs her blanket, lol!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 07 Feb, 2008 4:49 PM Quote
Evise's review has excited me so much that I am having a really hard time working today because I am just trying to imagine it.

I am all for rockier Travis! Whooo-hoo!

Moray
Moray Posted Thu 07 Feb, 2008 5:26 PM Quote
I'm just looking at the photos uploaded in the tours archive for last nights show. Is it just me, or has the moustache made a return!?

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Thu 07 Feb, 2008 5:39 PM Quote
MoraySwan wrote:
I'm just looking at the photos uploaded in the tours archive for last nights show. Is it just me, or has the moustache made a return!?

lol! i'm a fan of that moustache!

heysupernova
heysupernova Posted Thu 07 Feb, 2008 5:50 PM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:
MoraySwan wrote:

reminds me of fran's imitation of brandon flowers haha
lovin' dougie without the black jacket :P

Ursina
Ursina Posted Thu 07 Feb, 2008 5:51 PM Quote
what a great review Evsie ! ohh jeez I need fix of a Travis gig badly ! Can't wait to hear the new stuff

mili
mili Posted Thu 07 Feb, 2008 5:58 PM Quote
heysupernova wrote:
SamuraiSandy wrote:
MoraySwan wrote:

Fran Flowers :)

Is Dougie wearing a tie? And what is that black armband around Fran's arm? Is it a tie, too?

heysupernova
heysupernova Posted Thu 07 Feb, 2008 6:19 PM Quote
mili wrote:
heysupernova wrote:
SamuraiSandy wrote:
MoraySwan wrote:

Is Dougie wearing a tie? And what is that black armband around Fran's arm?

haha yep! a black-thin tie (no idea of the real name haha) what Fran's wearing on his arm i've seen when it comes to mourning or something :S :S :S or maybe he's supporting some cause by using it? :S :S :S

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Thu 07 Feb, 2008 6:32 PM Quote
Quote ....but the revelation for me was Neil. He pounded the drums like I’ve never seen him do before – I didn’t know he had it in him and I’m hoping he will get a lot of credit for this once the album comes out./Quote

I think thats probably cus you dont get to see him that much at the back and maybe he was more visible? I think Neils drumming in HTHA was excellent so thats gonna be a treat.

Was Claes there?

I'd love to see Lola too :-) I love them doing new songs. Am happy to hear that its not all one way and there is a bit of this and that...Sounds just purrrfect!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 07 Feb, 2008 6:37 PM Quote
heysupernova wrote:
mili wrote:
heysupernova wrote:
SamuraiSandy wrote:
MoraySwan wrote:

haha yep! a black-thin tie (no idea of the real name haha) what Fran's wearing on his arm i've seen when it comes to mourning or something :S :S :S or maybe he's supporting some cause by using it? :S :S :S

I believe a mourning band is always worn on the left sleeve, not the right. Maybe it was a sleeve garter to keep his sleeves from unrolling while he was jamming? Just a guess.

heysupernova
heysupernova Posted Thu 07 Feb, 2008 6:43 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
heysupernova wrote:
mili wrote:
heysupernova wrote:
SamuraiSandy wrote:
MoraySwan wrote:

I believe a mourning band is always worn on the left sleeve, not the right. Maybe it was a sleeve garter to keep his sleeves from unrolling while he was jamming? Just a guess.

oops, right again! then i have no idea, sorry :S

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Thu 07 Feb, 2008 8:45 PM Quote
Evsie, brilliant review. Thanks so much!!!
I can't be more excited. The way you descrived the new sound... I really need to jump now xD.
I'm soooooooo happy!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope Andy gets well soon!

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Thu 07 Feb, 2008 8:52 PM Quote
evsie wrote:
“getting mad” played over the PA – this was lengthy and pardon my ignorance but I have no idea where this vocal comes from – a film most likely I guess? I’m not big on films.

The movie Network perhaps? If that's it... then that's AWESOME! That's such a fantastic movie.

In the monologue, did he say "I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it anymore!" If so, then that's Network.

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Thu 07 Feb, 2008 8:54 PM Quote
I really wish I'd signed up to one of these club shows now...

Mind you, they're all nowhere near me, so maybe not. Pfft...Southern bias....

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:44 PM