Side
The Fear
Writing To Reach You
Falling Down
Lola
Selfish Jean
All I Want To Do Is Rock

Thanks for the setlist! Sounds amazing.
Now I know what to expect in Portsmouth tomorrow.

Re: The
kurai
kurai Posted Thu 07 Feb, 2008 9:37 AM Quote
[quote="MoraySwan"] Brilliant review! It sounds like they're off in a whole new direction as promised. And doing 'numerous' guitar solo's eh, I'm looking forward to hearing that.

[quote]

I think that´s the wonderful thing about Travis - you never get what you expect - the magic is that they constantly create something new, but they still manage to sound like Travis, if you know what I mean. (It´s hard to describe for me in Enlish)

to evsie: thank you for this review! Now I´m really exited ´bout the new stuff and a bit jealous, that you´ve already listened to it ;) But the rest of us, who aren´t able to go to a concert will have to be patient. Maybe we´ll hear something new from Gerbilsandwich;)

flower_in_the_window
flower_in_the_window Posted Thu 07 Feb, 2008 9:37 AM Quote
Baby Fran wrote:
mili wrote:
Baby Fran wrote:
Fantastic show, just hope Andy is ok!

Why do you say that, did something happen?

Yeah he got taken to hospital with suspected broken ankle.

Oh no!!
Hope he's ok. . . .

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 07 Feb, 2008 10:31 AM Quote
Thanks evsie for that brilliant, brilliant review. Felt like i was there. The songs seem like they sound amazing! CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!! I hope when they studio record them they don't lose much energy out of the songs.

Hopefully Andy is ok to continue to go crazy for the rest of this tour although it doesn't sound good. Andy on a chair doesn't seem right. lol

This is so exciting!

deebee
deebee Posted Thu 07 Feb, 2008 11:33 AM Quote
Oooh great review! Just what I wanted to hear about the new songs being a bit grittier (!?!) than previous stuff. Can't wait for them to release.

heysupernova
heysupernova Posted Thu 07 Feb, 2008 12:17 PM Quote
wooow you're review gave me the goosebumps! THANKS A LOT! I just can't wait to hear the new stuff, specially if it has a little more strenght to it (like good feeling, woohoo!). I'm particulary amazed by Neil, I just imagine what you said about selfish jean and can't stop laughing haha :P was it really like listening to an album, but live? guess that was the idea, sooo lucky! again, thank you so much! :)

Esteban
Esteban Posted Thu 07 Feb, 2008 12:35 PM Quote
This sounds amazing, roll on next week. Thanks for the descriptive review.

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Thu 07 Feb, 2008 12:46 PM Quote
Brilliant review! I'm just so sorry I couldn't get time of work, or I would have been over in a heartbeat.
Hope Andy's ok though :/

Joanna
Joanna Posted Thu 07 Feb, 2008 12:52 PM Quote
evsie wrote:

On their return Fran finally addressed the crowd with an explanation that they would now be playing some familiar songs but there would be a lot missing (I must admit I never thought I’d see a Travis gig without WDIAROM, Turn, Driftwood) and we should let go of the security blanket. He used the analogy of being in the sea and panicking because you can’t swim and then you stand up and your foot touches the floor and you’re in about 1 foot of water.

glad theyve gone back to rockier stuff, but the "security blanket" tracks are Travis, for me

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 07 Feb, 2008 12:57 PM Quote
WOW !, great review

erikausagi
erikausagi Posted Thu 07 Feb, 2008 2:45 PM Quote
the first gig was awesome!! really!! maybe... my new #1 gig ever... the new songs... wow... will be a great, no, EXCELLENT album as always... before you were young, the last song of the new songs... a new hymn... i dont know the reaction of someone else... but was a mix of feelings... really. the best song at least of this new album... the old songs... wow... falling down!!! FALLING DOWN!!! what feeling!!! amazing!! AMAZING!! Fran singing... emotive... sailing away.... aaaawwwww!!!! selfish jean... wow, the guys... completely dedicated!!! Andy... incredible... he finished the gig!!! I hope he's recovering, get well ANDY!!...

an amazing concert... i can't wait for see them again!!!

erikausagi
erikausagi Posted Thu 07 Feb, 2008 2:47 PM Quote
RaZzZ wrote:
I finally was listed Sailing Away live!!!!

So Lovely!!

hey raz!! donde estabas?? te estuve buscando en la fila, y despues del concierto y no te vi por ningun lado!! q por donde andas ahora eh? vas a ir a los demas conciertos??

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Thu 07 Feb, 2008 3:41 PM Quote
evsie, Great review!!

oh, wow! i'm so excited for the rest of you who get to see them in the next coming days! i can understand them not allowing recording--it is new material--we've been so spoiled before!

Fran on the banjo! Neil with a gong! oh, sounds like so much fun!

mingsy_sar
mingsy_sar Posted Thu 07 Feb, 2008 3:55 PM Quote
Anyone interested there's a review of mine in the archive...

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Thu 07 Feb, 2008 4:17 PM Quote
i hope someone has video of their version of 'lola'....would looooove to see/hear that!

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Next All Times BST Current Time 12:01 PM