Travis

Cambridge gig: a way to get my money back?
Soulslug
Soulslug Posted Fri 25 Jan, 2008 9:57 AM Quote
So yeah, my boss just confirmed that it's impossible to get that Wednesday free and now I have one ticket (which hasn't even arrived yet, though) to get rid of.

I called to Seetickets already and the lady said that they can't take the ticket back.
Is eBay really my only chance?

It's fucking 19£ ! More than I have in my wallet right now. Robbers.

Re: Cambridge gig: a way to get my money back?
tmfak
tmfak Posted Fri 25 Jan, 2008 10:32 AM Quote
Hmm... One of my friends had tickets to that gig and couldn't go, she got a refund from the venue. Are they telling you you can't get one!? Even the message posted here about the date change said to obtain refunds at the point of purchase (venue)...That's pretty standard procedure in these situations.

Sorry that's not much help, hope you get it sorted out...

gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Fri 25 Jan, 2008 11:15 AM Quote
Soulslug wrote:
So yeah, my boss just confirmed that it's impossible to get that Wednesday free and now I have one ticket (which hasn't even arrived yet, though) to get rid of.

I called to Seetickets already and the lady said that they can't take the ticket back.
Is eBay really my only chance?

It's fucking £19! More than I have in my wallet right now. Robbers.

Hmm, well, I know you shouldn't, but it seems the only option available to you...

Phone in sick the day before to make it look less obvious, phone in on the day, and also the day after just to make it more convincing.

That way you don't lose money or miss the concert.

... enjoy the gig. ;)

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Fri 25 Jan, 2008 1:10 PM Quote
gladsadmad wrote:
Phone in sick the day before to make it look less obvious, phone in on the day, and also the day after just to make it more convincing.

LOL, something tells me you've tried thgis before! :)

It would still sound a bit suspect to me. Hopefully you've got a really obtuse manager ;)

Soulslug
Soulslug Posted Fri 25 Jan, 2008 2:11 PM Quote
Thanks, I'll try and call to the venue.

Haha pretending to be sick is really not a bad idea (anything for Travis, eh), but since I'm an au pair and working at home, it would be quite hard to sneak out to Cambridge lol.

mili
mili Posted Fri 25 Jan, 2008 6:23 PM Quote
Soulslug wrote:

Haha pretending to be sick is really not a bad idea (anything for Travis, eh), but since I'm an au pair and working at home, it would be quite hard to sneak out to Cambridge lol.

Oh, you're an au pair! They're mean not to let you go. Imagine the effect on your willingness to co-operate if they let you go to this gig, all those saturday nights you'd be happy to look after the three kids, two dogs and the cat (just guessing!)...

I once lived in Germany for a year when my hubby worked there. In the same German course with me was this Norwegian au pair, who took the lessons in the mornings and went back to work for the afternoons, seemed pretty happy with the arrangement. What are you in charge of? Any benefits?

Oskari
Oskari Posted Fri 25 Jan, 2008 7:31 PM Quote
Soulslug wrote:

missäspäin britanniaa sitä au-pairistellaan? ja onko pitkäki pesti kyseessä?

tmfak
tmfak Posted Fri 25 Jan, 2008 8:18 PM Quote
SoulSlug, I've been thinking about this some more and there's something I hadn't thought of before.

Did you buy your ticket through a "regular" outlet (Venue B/O, Ticketmaster etc)? Or did you buy through an "after market" source (like a broker? If the latter, Ebay may indeed be your only chance...

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news :(
Hope it works out!

Soulslug
Soulslug Posted Sat 26 Jan, 2008 1:08 PM Quote
mili wrote:

Oh, you're an au pair! They're mean not to let you go. Imagine the effect on your willingness to co-operate if they let you go to this gig, all those saturday nights you'd be happy to look after the three kids, two dogs and the cat (just guessing!)...

I once lived in Germany for a year when my hubby worked there. In the same German course with me was this Norwegian au pair, who took the lessons in the mornings and went back to work for the afternoons, seemed pretty happy with the arrangement. What are you in charge of? Any benefits?

Hahaa you only got the two dogs wrong! And I already look after them sometimes at Saturday nights lol.
But yeah, I wouldn't say they're mean, it's just a really bad day for me to go; the oldest boy has this play and they need me to be with the other kids at home. Wednesday is the most hectic day of the week always anyway, with football and ballet lessons, all kids in different parts of London and no time at all. Bad luck Travis had to change the date to the only day I'm not free to go.

Soulslug
Soulslug Posted Sat 26 Jan, 2008 1:09 PM Quote
Oskari wrote:
Soulslug wrote:

Iha vaa Lontoossa. Kyllä mä täällä varmaan vielä vuoden tai pari olen, riippuu vähän mihin suuntaan päätän opiskeluja viedä :)

Soulslug
Soulslug Posted Sat 26 Jan, 2008 1:11 PM Quote
tmfak wrote:
SoulSlug, I've been thinking about this some more and there's something I hadn't thought of before.

Did you buy your ticket through a "regular" outlet (Venue B/O, Ticketmaster etc)? Or did you buy through an "after market" source (like a broker? If the latter, Ebay may indeed be your only chance...

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news :(
Hope it works out!

I bought it from a regular outlet, gigsandtours.com if I remember correct.
Thank you so much for your effort!

McJen
McJen Posted Sat 26 Jan, 2008 1:51 PM Quote
There should be no problem getting everything but your booking fee back then... I'm only just off the phone to them myself! Just tell them that the date has changed, you can no longer make it and they'll refund you no bother

Good luck :)

Oskari
Oskari Posted Sat 26 Jan, 2008 2:41 PM Quote
Soulslug wrote:
Oskari wrote:
Soulslug wrote:

Iha vaa Lontoossa. Kyllä mä täällä varmaan vielä vuoden tai pari olen, riippuu vähän mihin suuntaan päätän opiskeluja viedä :)

eikait siinä..lontoo on varmasti mukava paikka asustella..itellä oli sisko siellä pari vuotta sitten au-pairina..Richmondissa jos oikeen muistan..kuulemma oli mukavaa

Soulslug
Soulslug Posted Sat 26 Jan, 2008 4:50 PM Quote
McJen wrote:
There should be no problem getting everything but your booking fee back then... I'm only just off the phone to them myself! Just tell them that the date has changed, you can no longer make it and they'll refund you no bother

Good luck :)

Aw thank you! Sad to hear that you can't go either.

Soulslug
Soulslug Posted Sat 26 Jan, 2008 4:53 PM Quote
Oskari wrote:
eikait siinä..lontoo on varmasti mukava paikka asustella..itellä oli sisko siellä pari vuotta sitten au-pairina..Richmondissa jos oikeen muistan..kuulemma oli mukavaa

Noni. Richmond on joo jees paikka, eikä kamalan kaukana täältä.

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:57 AM