Travis

Re: Heath Ledger
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 3:07 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
that nutjob wacko West virginia Baptist minister is planning to protest at his funeral since he had played a homosexual in a movie , WTF !

I saw that too. It is so disgusting. I hope Heath's funeral is in Australia and they can prevent this nutjob from entering the country or something.

He is such a horrible human being. (crazy minister that is)

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 3:11 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
that nutjob wacko West virginia Baptist minister is planning to protest at his funeral since he had played a homosexual in a movie , WTF !

rrgghhh! that guy/those guys/family make me so mad. talk about ignorant.

pixiedixie
pixiedixie Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 3:30 PM Quote
I´m sorry for his little daughter.

What a waste of life, what a waste of talent...:(

Frenchygirl
Frenchygirl Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 3:52 PM Quote
So sad! He was so young, so talented, and now I'm thinking of his little girl of 2 years old!

R.I.P

Hope the medias will leave his family alone during the funerals..

I just don't understand why he died..

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 3:56 PM Quote
Hanne wrote:

What I find curious though is that he died in a flat belonging to one of the Olsen twins... Aren't they supposed to be all-American, wholesome girls?

I believe that report about it being one of the Olsen twins apartments was a rumor and CNN reported it wasn't true. At least that's what they said last night. Anyway, even if it was their apartment, what does that have to do with his death and their wholesomeness (or lack their of)?

In interviews about his role as Joker, Heath had said he was having trouble sleeping and even mentioned the fact that he took sleeping pills and they only worked for a few hours. Reports say that he had just came back from a lot of travel and was probably exhausted and wanted to sleep. My feeling is that he just took too many sleeping pills and died accidentally. We could never know, but with the information available right now, that seems like the most logical explanation to me.

PS: I just want to mention on the topic of respect, no one ever once on this thread when expressing their sadness over Heath's death said that his life was any more important than any other human beings. It's just the simple fact that we all know him because he was an actor. And a journalist's job is to report on the news. I'm not denying the fact that it's blown out of proportion, because I know it is. But if someone famous dies...that's news. And people want to know about it.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 4:11 PM Quote
I knew it was going to happen- I've just seen the pictures of his body being taken out of the apartment. They literally jumped out at me in the polish main news site. I DID NOT WANT TO SEE THIS. I feel sick. Now that's the lack of respect.

2bm
2bm Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 5:27 PM Quote
I'm still shocked.. i can't believe this.. him, why??!

Ruudio
Ruudio Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 5:57 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
I knew it was going to happen- I've just seen the pictures of his body being taken out of the apartment. They literally jumped out at me in the polish main news site. I DID NOT WANT TO SEE THIS. I feel sick. Now that's the lack of respect.

I saw them too. It's horrible ='(

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 6:01 PM Quote
Sounds like he was horribly run-down. If he had pneumonia, he was probably on some medication for that. Add sleeping pills to it and it could have been a bad combination. It's pure speculation now anyway--they said they won't have conclusive results for 10 days.

The only movie I ever saw of his was The Patriot with Mel Gibson. My first thought was wooo is he cute!

sakuras
sakuras Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 6:09 PM Quote
And the worst is that I've read this morning an interview of Christopher Nolan (the director of The Dark Knight) and Gary Oldman (the best :p) that the performance of Heath on this film is just enormous, he's done such a terrific work and every body would be astonished. :'(

Soulslug
Soulslug Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 7:42 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:

I accidentally saw video material of that, and it totally shocked me. This gifted, beautiful boy being dragged in a black bag? Words can't describe.

Frenchygirl
Frenchygirl Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 8:06 PM Quote
Soulslug wrote:
megg_inc wrote:

I accidentally saw video material of that, and it totally shocked me. This gifted, beautiful boy being dragged in a black bag? Words can't describe.

I saw it too on the news this morning! Horrible!
People shouldn't be allowed to show that!!

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 8:07 PM Quote
But they show other people's dead bodies on the news...?

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 8:11 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:

Yes, they do. And they should stop. I feel sick when I see pictures of people killed in accidents or during a war, too. No difference for me.

Ruudio
Ruudio Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 8:12 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:

They shouldn't show anyones bodies on tv =(

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:18 PM