Re: Song Showdown B-SIDES - Semi-Finals
Sky-Blue Puppy
Sky-Blue Puppy Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 12:28 PM Quote

1) Life And Soul Of The Party

2) 20

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 4:42 PM Quote
I can't stop listening to Just the Faces Change. It's one of those songs that has grown on me. I am now officially crazy about this song! CA-RAZZZY! I love that really deep sound in the background during the last chorus.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 4:52 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
I can't stop listening to Just the Faces Change. It's one of those songs that has grown on me. I am now officially crazy about this song! CA-RAZZZY! I love that really deep sound in the background during the last chorus.

I know! I love it too. Hence, my cover of it. But I had to say bye-bye to it this round. :*(** Sorry Dougie.

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 5:18 PM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
paul_c wrote:

This also made me chuckle. I love rivalries!

Yeah he does that every time. He must have a whole catalogue of advertising messages he copies and pastes into his posts. Bless. Just can't compete with Song Showdown, teehee

I think you should start posting
Song Showdown: The original and still the best.
at the bottom of each post :D

Oh, I nearly forgot...

BATTLES:
1) Life And Soul Of The Party
2) 20

The covers have come far enough.

gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 5:53 PM Quote
Can I just point out that thanks to the search button my original post was posted:-
Sat 02 Jun, 2007 3:36 PM
"Too Good To Be B-Sides" - The Best 20 Travis B-Sides Unofficial Fans Voting Page

And the first "Song Showdown B-Sides" was posted:-
Sat 15 Dec, 2007 12:33 AM
New Song Showdown, Coming Soon!
Tue 01 Jan, 2008 11:49 AM
Song Showdown B-SIDES Round 1

Which gives me a 6 month advantage of the claim the original.

You are the cup, I am the Premier League. I have no problem with you. Let's live in peace, together on the board.

ps - I predict that "20" wins the double.

Out of interest, what showdown are you doing next?

If you say, "Setlist Showdown", you are quite clearly copying. I wouldn't have a problem with it though if you did.
Your showdowns are a good interesting competition.
Sun 23 Dec, 2007 1:56 PM
The Travis Set List Vote Page

The End. Peace.

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 6:49 PM Quote
gladsadmad wrote:
Can I point out that thanks to the search button my original post was posted:-
Sat 02 Jun, 2007 3:36 PM
"Too Good To Be B-Sides" - The Best 20 Travis B-Sides Unofficial Fans Voting Page

And the first "Song Showdown B-Sides" was posted:-
Sat 15 Dec, 2007 12:33 AM
New Song Showdown, Coming Soon!
Tue 01 Jan, 2008 11:49 AM
Song Showdown B-SIDES Round 1

Which gives me a 6 month advantage of the claim the original.

You are the cup, I am the Premier League. I have no problem with you. Let's live in peace, together on the board.

ps - I predict that "20" wins the double.

Out of interest, what showdown are you doing next?

If you say, "Setlist Showdown", you are quite clearly copying. I wouldn't have a problem with it though if you did.
Your showdowns are a good interesting competition.
Sun 23 Dec, 2007 1:56 PM
The Travis Set List Vote Page

The End. Peace.

Actually Song Showdown is two or three years old at least. It started on the old board. In fact, I think it started on the even older board, before the old board, lol.

But hey, the rivalry is fun. You just come across as a bit obsessive sometimes. http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x66/Jearoon2/Smilies/4-Wink.gif

There are no plans at the moment for the next Song Showdown. It'll probably take place at the end of the year, and include the new tracks from Travis' next album.

gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 7:14 PM Quote
I meant me being the original Travis b-sides vote. I can claim that right?

I wish you every success with the Song Showdown. I know that you have been doing the normal album track song showdowns for a few years. That is your baby.

When is your b-side showdown ending? When it is over, put together the top 20 b-sides according to your vote, and I'll add them to mine as a bonus vote. That seems fair, doesn't it?

Hopefully the results of both should be similar.

Looking forward to your next song showdown at the end of the year, with all new album tracks.

Peace.

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 8:45 PM Quote
gladsadmad wrote:
I meant me being the original Travis b-sides vote. I can claim that right?

I wish you every success with the Song Showdown. I know that you have been doing the normal album track song showdowns for a few years. That is your baby.

When is your b-side showdown ending? When it is over, put together the top 20 b-sides according to your vote, and I'll add them to mine as a bonus vote. That seems fair, doesn't it?

Hopefully the results of both should be similar.

Looking forward to your next song showdown at the end of the year, with all new album tracks.

Peace.

Yep, you can claim the crown for that. :p Um, b-side voting ends probably around the start of next week. Just the final to go now.

I don't know whether adding my results to your poll would be so accurate. Both votes are very different. Yours is good simply at giving a broad picture of which b-sides people like. Song Showdown is much more focused on the winner - it doesn't give such an accurate account of what people's 2nd, 3rd etc favourite is. But it's up to yourself, and whether you feel it would contribute to your vote. The top 22 have effectively already been chosen...in round 3 I think. Picking the top 20 would require people to knock out their least favourite 2 b-sides from that list, and I'm not gonna bore people with that lol.

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 9:18 PM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:

But hey, the rivalry is fun. You just come across as a bit obsessive sometimes. http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x66/Jearoon2/Smilies/4-Wink.gif

There are no plans at the moment for the next Song Showdown. It'll probably take place at the end of the year, and include the new tracks from Travis' next album.

Hang on, you've got to fight back for it to be interesting! Stand up for the showdown's rights!

One of the best things about new albums is new showdowns. I can't wait! :)

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Wed 23 Jan, 2008 11:18 PM Quote
Just the Faces Change

spid
spid Posted Thu 24 Jan, 2008 7:10 AM Quote
Life and SOul
Dudes

Ursina
Ursina Posted Thu 24 Jan, 2008 9:43 AM Quote