Travis

Re: Things you DON'T like at the moment
dee
dee Posted Tue 22 Jan, 2008 5:20 PM Quote
DAKOTA wrote:
Lucile wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:
Lucile wrote:

- marking papers that you can't even read either because of an awful handwriting or because it just doesn't make sense

Do schools still do handwriting classes? I remember having them in primary school, taught us how to write nice lol.

I think they do have handwriting classes in primary school. I know I did when I was in primary school. But by the time students arrive in uni (where I teach), they don't bother to write nicely anymore.

My handwriting's gotten better with age, I think I'm against the norm. I used t get reprimanded for having "Chicken Scratch" Way to boost the self esteem, Public School :P Right now I'm on a crusade to bring back cursive. nobody writes in script anymore! ;)

i have to teach cursive writing-this is the girl who bastard teachers used to stick my "spider just tripped into an inkwell" writing to the blackboards to shame me.
I'm sorry, but with some kids you are just lucky to be able to get them to write at all.
that said some studies show that dyslexic kids can write better in cursive because word-formation is learnt by muscle memory when you write in cursive.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 22 Jan, 2008 5:20 PM Quote
DAKOTA wrote:
Lucile wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:
Lucile wrote:

- marking papers that you can't even read either because of an awful handwriting or because it just doesn't make sense

Do schools still do handwriting classes? I remember having them in primary school, taught us how to write nice lol.

I think they do have handwriting classes in primary school. I know I did when I was in primary school. But by the time students arrive in uni (where I teach), they don't bother to write nicely anymore.

My handwriting's gotten better with age, I think I'm against the norm. I used t get reprimanded for having "Chicken Scratch" Way to boost the self esteem, Public School :P Right now I'm on a crusade to bring back cursive. nobody writes in script anymore! ;)

I have two completely different types of handwriting: my nice, neat handwriting and my crazy shorthand chicken scratch no one can read when I'm doing an interview. It doesn't even look like English, lol. This is why digital recorders are the greatest invention in the world. :)

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 22 Jan, 2008 5:43 PM Quote
goosey_84 wrote:
my job, in Los Angeles

I can kick it up to the next level

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Tue 22 Jan, 2008 5:44 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
goosey_84 wrote:
my job, in Los Angeles

I can kick it up to the next level

hahaha technically you're right. my job is located in los angeles. i hate my job. thus, i hate my job in los angeles. haha you win this round! :P

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Tue 22 Jan, 2008 5:48 PM Quote
I don't like Mechanics. I dont understand these fucking questions or how to answer them. It's pissing me off.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 22 Jan, 2008 5:50 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
I don't like Mechanics. I dont understand these fucking questions or how to answer them. It's pissing me off.

gotta take your jaguar to the shoppe ?

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Tue 22 Jan, 2008 5:52 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:

Nah I gotta fucking throw this bloody textbook out the window and go out and get very drunk and do silly things. In Manchester.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 22 Jan, 2008 5:56 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
ricv64 wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:

Nah I gotta fucking throw this bloody textbook out the window and go out and get very drunk and do silly things. In Manchester.

your book will be screaming , " I'm in the fookin canal "

missmoo
missmoo Posted Tue 22 Jan, 2008 5:58 PM Quote
Cooking! I hate cooking!

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Tue 22 Jan, 2008 5:59 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:
ricv64 wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:

your book will be screaming , " I'm in the fookin canal "

Haha well I definately won't be going out to save it! Argh I need a drink.

Rhoobarb
Rhoobarb Posted Tue 22 Jan, 2008 6:00 PM Quote
missmoo wrote:
Cooking! I hate cooking!

Go the chippy then.

haz
haz Posted Tue 22 Jan, 2008 6:13 PM Quote
when you dunk a chocolate bikkie into a mug of hot tea and a section of the chocolate bikkie breaks off and floats on down to the bottom of your mug of tea and you forget about that chunk of chocolate bikkie sitting at the bottom of your mug of tea until the time comes to swig back the dregs of your mug of tea and get an unexpected mouthful of lumpy reminds-you-of-the-consistency-of-vomit chocolate bikkie into your mouth.

i don't like that at the moment.

Rhoobarb
Rhoobarb Posted Tue 22 Jan, 2008 7:18 PM Quote
The god awful photo's i've just had done for my replacement rail pass. *shock*

Rhoobarb
Rhoobarb Posted Tue 22 Jan, 2008 7:18 PM Quote
My blooming

Rhoobarb
Rhoobarb Posted Tue 22 Jan, 2008 7:21 PM Quote
Wireless Network

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:22 AM