Travis

   
Question to Fran Healy
Rain on the brain
Posts: 497
Rain on the brain Posted Thu 17 Jan, 2008 8:45 PM Quote
I have a bad cough.
And I am here trying to sing along with Scissor Sister and Keane and Travis.
But I have to interrupt my singing every other word for this stupid cough.
So I am wondering, since cough usually doesn't disappear in a few days:
If you have a gig and you have a cough, how can you sing?! Has it ever happened to you?
 
Re: Question to Fran Healy
FranFlower
Posts: 712
FranFlower Posted Thu 17 Jan, 2008 8:57 PM Quote
Aaah, I had the same problem when I was recording my verion of Friends :P I had no voice and I kept couching every other line. There was no way I could hit a note as my voice kept breaking. I'm sure there must have been some magic involved, cause I got my voice back for a little while that evening and got my song down and uploaded. The next day my voice was gone again. I think this is the longest time I've been without much voice(a week or so in total), and I was wondering the same thing as Rain here, what do you do if this happenes? Do you have some kind of trick to get better or temporary help your voice?
 
Re: Question to Fran Healy
Typing to Reach You
Posts: 1667
Typing to Reach You Posted Thu 17 Jan, 2008 9:08 PM Quote
Heh I asked a similar question on the old 'board. And Fran replied. Um...but it was kinda ages ago now so I can't really remember what he said, lol.

I reckon that having hicchups whilst singing would be pretty hilarious. xD
 
Re: Question to Fran Healy
Eledh
Posts: 1104
Eledh Posted Fri 18 Jan, 2008 2:52 AM Quote
Rain on the brain wrote:
I have a bad cough.
And I am here trying to sing along with Scissor Sister and Keane and Travis.
But I have to interrupt my singing every other word for this stupid cough.
So I am wondering, since cough usually doesn't disappear in a few days:
If you have a gig and you have a cough, how can you sing?! Has it ever happened to you?


Ok... This is creepy.
I was thinking the same thing in my car few minutes ago XD
bbbbrrrrr XD
Stop reading my mind, please. XD
 
Re: Question to Fran Healy
Fran
Posts: 215
Fran Posted Fri 18 Jan, 2008 7:06 AM Quote
It is the worst thing EVER to get a cold when you are touring because you have to sing through it. I am lucky never to have lost my voice totally but of course when one has a cold it does affect the vocal chords. Adrenalin helps make it all work on the night. Good diet and rest and lots of water and echinacea help keep colds away.
 
Re: Question to Fran Healy
JimmyDean
Posts: 43
JimmyDean Posted Fri 18 Jan, 2008 9:27 AM Quote
... Fran did not reply on my question that I asked him for weeks and weeks. :-D
 
Re: Question to Fran Healy
bara
Posts: 710
bara Posted Fri 18 Jan, 2008 9:44 AM Quote
my experience ..: its horrible. really. you cant sing but you have to.. and all comes out sound like someone has stolen your vocal cords...

Edit: Im talking about me!
 
Re: Question to Fran Healy
missmoo
Posts: 251
missmoo Posted Fri 18 Jan, 2008 9:46 AM Quote
JimmyDean wrote:
... Fran did not reply on my question that I asked him for weeks and weeks. :-D


Aww ney mind, Fran might have just been busy, or he doesnt like you haha, just messing :-)
 
Re: Question to Fran Healy
cornax
Posts: 350
cornax Posted Fri 18 Jan, 2008 2:51 PM Quote
I once saw Sting and he apologized at the beginning for having laryngitis. If anything, it made him sound sexier. http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/konfus/d050.gif
 
Re: Question to Fran Healy
jesusaremus
Posts: 1382
jesusaremus Posted Fri 18 Jan, 2008 5:25 PM Quote
what about sneeze? never happened to you while you were singing?
 
Re: Question to Fran Healy
Rain on the brain
Posts: 497
Rain on the brain Posted Fri 18 Jan, 2008 5:34 PM Quote
Fran wrote:
It is the worst thing EVER to get a cold when you are touring because you have to sing through it. I am lucky never to have lost my voice totally but of course when one has a cold it does affect the vocal chords. Adrenalin helps make it all work on the night. Good diet and rest and lots of water and echinacea help keep colds away.


Thanks Fran! I have a gig tonight as I was explaining yesterday with my wonderful singing abilities all the neighbors want to hear me singing and I have to get rid of this cold!! (of course I'm just joking!)
 
Re: Question to Fran Healy
Rain on the brain
Posts: 497
Rain on the brain Posted Fri 18 Jan, 2008 5:37 PM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
Heh I asked a similar question on the old 'board. And Fran replied. Um...but it was kinda ages ago now so I can't really remember what he said, lol.

I reckon that having hicchups whilst singing would be pretty hilarious. xD


It was you then, I remember him saying something about it and I used the search function before asking the question to avoid asking the same thing. But I couldn't find anything, no wonder, you just said it was the old board!
 
Re: Question to Fran Healy
paul_c
Posts: 4170
paul_c Posted Sun 20 Jan, 2008 6:19 PM Quote
Fran wrote:
It is the worst thing EVER to get a cold when you are touring because you have to sing through it. I am lucky never to have lost my voice totally but of course when one has a cold it does affect the vocal chords. Adrenalin helps make it all work on the night. Good diet and rest and lots of water and echinacea help keep colds away.


Fran, did you have a cold when you were recording Good Feeling? Just some of the songs sound like you're singing through a cold..
 
Re: Question to Fran Healy
Monica
Posts: 3592
Monica Posted Sun 20 Jan, 2008 6:23 PM Quote
Hahaha, I agree with you Paul. I think Good feeling is an example of this, isn't it?
 
Re: Question to Fran Healy
paul_c
Posts: 4170
paul_c Posted Sun 20 Jan, 2008 6:30 PM Quote
Yeah, i think it sounds like it in U16 Girls and The Line Is Fine as well though
 
Pages [1] 2 Next All Times GMT Current Time 11:51 PM
Post Reply