Travis

Question to Fran Healy
Rain on the brain
Rain on the brain Posted Thu 17 Jan, 2008 8:45 PM Quote
I have a bad cough.
And I am here trying to sing along with Scissor Sister and Keane and Travis.
But I have to interrupt my singing every other word for this stupid cough.
So I am wondering, since cough usually doesn't disappear in a few days:
If you have a gig and you have a cough, how can you sing?! Has it ever happened to you?

Re: Question to Fran Healy
FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Thu 17 Jan, 2008 8:57 PM Quote
Aaah, I had the same problem when I was recording my verion of Friends :P I had no voice and I kept couching every other line. There was no way I could hit a note as my voice kept breaking. I'm sure there must have been some magic involved, cause I got my voice back for a little while that evening and got my song down and uploaded. The next day my voice was gone again. I think this is the longest time I've been without much voice(a week or so in total), and I was wondering the same thing as Rain here, what do you do if this happenes? Do you have some kind of trick to get better or temporary help your voice?

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Thu 17 Jan, 2008 9:08 PM Quote
Heh I asked a similar question on the old 'board. And Fran replied. Um...but it was kinda ages ago now so I can't really remember what he said, lol.

I reckon that having hicchups whilst singing would be pretty hilarious. xD

Eledh
Eledh Posted Fri 18 Jan, 2008 2:52 AM Quote
Rain on the brain wrote:
I have a bad cough.
And I am here trying to sing along with Scissor Sister and Keane and Travis.
But I have to interrupt my singing every other word for this stupid cough.
So I am wondering, since cough usually doesn't disappear in a few days:
If you have a gig and you have a cough, how can you sing?! Has it ever happened to you?

Ok... This is creepy.
I was thinking the same thing in my car few minutes ago XD
bbbbrrrrr XD
Stop reading my mind, please. XD

Fran
Fran Posted Fri 18 Jan, 2008 7:06 AM Quote
It is the worst thing EVER to get a cold when you are touring because you have to sing through it. I am lucky never to have lost my voice totally but of course when one has a cold it does affect the vocal chords. Adrenalin helps make it all work on the night. Good diet and rest and lots of water and echinacea help keep colds away.

JimmyDean
JimmyDean Posted Fri 18 Jan, 2008 9:27 AM Quote
... Fran did not reply on my question that I asked him for weeks and weeks. :-D

bara
bara Posted Fri 18 Jan, 2008 9:44 AM Quote
my experience ..: its horrible. really. you cant sing but you have to.. and all comes out sound like someone has stolen your vocal cords...

Edit: Im talking about me!

missmoo
missmoo Posted Fri 18 Jan, 2008 9:46 AM Quote
JimmyDean wrote:
... Fran did not reply on my question that I asked him for weeks and weeks. :-D

Aww ney mind, Fran might have just been busy, or he doesnt like you haha, just messing :-)

cornax
cornax Posted Fri 18 Jan, 2008 2:51 PM Quote
I once saw Sting and he apologized at the beginning for having laryngitis. If anything, it made him sound sexier. http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/konfus/d050.gif

jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Fri 18 Jan, 2008 5:25 PM Quote
what about sneeze? never happened to you while you were singing?

Rain on the brain
Rain on the brain Posted Fri 18 Jan, 2008 5:34 PM Quote
Fran wrote:
It is the worst thing EVER to get a cold when you are touring because you have to sing through it. I am lucky never to have lost my voice totally but of course when one has a cold it does affect the vocal chords. Adrenalin helps make it all work on the night. Good diet and rest and lots of water and echinacea help keep colds away.

Thanks Fran! I have a gig tonight as I was explaining yesterday with my wonderful singing abilities all the neighbors want to hear me singing and I have to get rid of this cold!! (of course I'm just joking!)

Rain on the brain
Rain on the brain Posted Fri 18 Jan, 2008 5:37 PM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
Heh I asked a similar question on the old 'board. And Fran replied. Um...but it was kinda ages ago now so I can't really remember what he said, lol.

I reckon that having hicchups whilst singing would be pretty hilarious. xD

It was you then, I remember him saying something about it and I used the search function before asking the question to avoid asking the same thing. But I couldn't find anything, no wonder, you just said it was the old board!

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sun 20 Jan, 2008 6:19 PM Quote
Fran wrote:

Fran, did you have a cold when you were recording Good Feeling? Just some of the songs sound like you're singing through a cold..

Monica
Monica Posted Sun 20 Jan, 2008 6:23 PM Quote
Hahaha, I agree with you Paul. I think Good feeling is an example of this, isn't it?

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sun 20 Jan, 2008 6:30 PM Quote
Yeah, i think it sounds like it in U16 Girls and The Line Is Fine as well though

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:20 PM