Travis

Song Showdown B-SIDES Round 4
Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Mon 14 Jan, 2008 2:22 PM Quote
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/Jearoon/MB/Song%20Showdown%20BSIDES/SongShowdownBSIDESRound4-Abduction.png

I received most troubling news from the Song Showdown camp the other day. I will forward the message to you all now...:

--- INCOMING MESSAGE ---

*Bzzzt*...H-hello? Do you read me? We have ourselves an emergency here sir! There's been some strange things happening recently at the Song Showdown camp. Firstly, many B-SIDES have claimed spotting UFO's in the sky. And just now, an alien has appeared to us all, declaring that it will abduct three songs to add to the galactic mp3 collection! It demands we sacrifice three songs to them by Friday sir, or the aliens will just take 'em all! We need you and your officers to choose! We don't have much time. Over and out ...*Brrzzztshhh*

Scary stuff indeed. Of course, we can't let some alien steal our best Travis b-sides, never to be seen again. We're going to have to choose...

Your task is simple - pick your 3 least favourite songs.

(erm, this gimmick is necessary to get us down to a divisible number again http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x66/Jearoon2/Smilies/4-Wink.gif)

SONGS:

Everyday Faces
The Sea
The Weight
Just The Faces Change
Village Man
Definition Of Wrong
The Connection
Life And Soul Of The Party
Enemy
All The Young Dudes

Re: Song Showdown B-SIDES Round 4
paul_c
paul_c Posted Mon 14 Jan, 2008 2:31 PM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:

Everyday Faces
The Sea
The Weight
Just The Faces Change
Village Man
Definition Of Wrong
The Connection
Enemy
All The Young Dudes

This is the toughest round yet!

I'm going to start easy and eliminate Enemy first and foremost. By default, since it's not a Travis song i'm going to have to say goodbye to The Weight next, although i do love Travis' version. As much as i love Everyday Faces ("the Policemen wore pink.. brilliant lyric!) i'm going to have to eliminate it as well.

It's tough, but someone's gota do it :(

If anyone eliminates The Connection, Life and Soul of the Party or All The Young Dudes, i will come round to their house, flat or apartment and personally disembowel them >:(

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Mon 14 Jan, 2008 2:43 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
If anyone eliminates The Connection, Life and Soul of the Party or All The Young Dudes, i will come round to their house, flat or apartment and personally disembowel them >:(

Please not that Song Showdown is not responsible for any bodily damage paul_c may cause

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Mon 14 Jan, 2008 3:07 PM Quote
Everyday Faces
The Sea
Enemy

Rough.

Lucile
Lucile Posted Mon 14 Jan, 2008 3:16 PM Quote
Everyday Faces
The Sea
Definition Of Wrong

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Mon 14 Jan, 2008 3:29 PM Quote
The Sea
Village Man
Definition Of Wrong

Esteban
Esteban Posted Mon 14 Jan, 2008 3:44 PM Quote
I said similar to that about Be My Baby and they dint listen, Paul *hmph*

gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Mon 14 Jan, 2008 3:46 PM Quote
The least popular b-sides still in the competition according to the current voting in
"Too Good To Be B-Sides" - The Best 20 Travis B-Sides Unofficial Fans Voting Page are:-

The Weight
Definition Of Wrong
Enemy

-------------------------------
For a more accurate Travis b-sides vote that is not so cruel and never ending, please also vote for your favourites here:-
"Too Good To Be B-Sides" - The Best 20 Travis B-Sides Unofficial Fans Voting Page
Thanks for voting.

mayfly
mayfly Posted Mon 14 Jan, 2008 3:49 PM Quote
Everyday Faces
The Weight
The Connection

martina
martina Posted Mon 14 Jan, 2008 3:56 PM Quote
Everyday Faces
Definition Of Wrong

spid
spid Posted Mon 14 Jan, 2008 3:56 PM Quote
Everyday Faces
The Connection
Definition of Wrong

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 14 Jan, 2008 3:58 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:

Please not that Song Showdown is not responsible for any bodily damage paul_c may cause

Gee, he always seemed so mild before.

If I were not in such fear of disemboweling, I would have to point out that Paul eliminated The Weight because it is not a Travis song, but is threatening violence to anyone to elminates All the Young Dudes--written, according to my sources, by David Bowie when the Travis boys were all in diapers. But since I need my bowels, I'll just keep it to myself.

My list:
The Sea
Enemy
Village Man

spid
spid Posted Mon 14 Jan, 2008 4:03 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
paul_c wrote:

Gee, he always seemed so mild before.

If I were not in such fear of disemboweling, I would have to point out that Paul eliminated The Weight because it is not a Travis song, but is threatening violence to anyone to elminates All the Young Dudes--written, according to my sources, by David Bowie when the Travis boys were all in diapers. But since I need my bowels, I'll just keep it to myself.

My list:
The Sea
Enemy
Village Man

Funny i noticed that too - but was scared inot being quiet - he can be quite intimidating can't he? I too am quite attached to my bowels and being not too far from Glasgow kept it safe!

Ruudio
Ruudio Posted Mon 14 Jan, 2008 4:13 PM Quote
The Sea
The Weight
Enemy

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 14 Jan, 2008 4:27 PM Quote
The Sea
Village Man
All The Young Dudes