Travis

Re: The best of times/The worst of times
Esteban
Esteban Posted Tue 18 Dec, 2007 10:14 PM Quote
Shitloads of good gigs, shitloads of going to see the Wednesday, promotion at work, mostly good times really.

Ursina
Ursina Posted Wed 19 Dec, 2007 8:09 AM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
I usually save this for New Year but...

May the Best of Last Year be the Worst of this Year.

Good luck to all boardies, their families and friends.

Stevie
(Dubz)

ahhh the very same to you too Dubzy! So pleased to hear that the job has turned out great !
Cheers to a brillant 2008 !

sina:)

happy_me
happy_me Posted Wed 19 Dec, 2007 3:32 PM Quote
The Best: Finishing my BSc, meeting the band twice, meeting wonderful boardies, seeing my brother slowly getting back to normal

The Worst: getting my brother into rehab and my mum's cancer returning

Peculiar
Peculiar Posted Wed 19 Dec, 2007 5:31 PM Quote
Best - T in the park, Travis at the ABC, two weekends ago when I went to see the Vatersay Boys and Runrig with some of the best ppl ever and putting on my first gig!
Worst - Grandad died in May and uni being scary at times.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Wed 19 Dec, 2007 9:09 PM Quote
Seems there's been a lot of stuff going on in the lives of us boardies this year eh..

cosmic
cosmic Posted Thu 20 Dec, 2007 12:18 AM Quote
My year's been shite to be fair ...
And I'm sorry to hear about ur bad times Paul ...

Good times of this year ... seeing Travis live, graduating from uni, getting a new job ...

Bad times, well I basically started the year off on a bad note and I felt as though it all went downhill from there ... I was flatsharing and it went badly wrong, i fell out with one of the people I was staying with and she was one of these kinds of people who couldn't ever be told she was in the wrong ... when I eventually stood my ground and up to her, she turned nasty and I got called a heap of things under the sun which i obviously took to heart. My mate was her boyfriend ... me and him put our differences aside but he showed loyalty to her, which was pretty obvious. I ended up moving out of the flat cos I couldn't stay with her anymore ... so basically i've had to start afresh but the one saving grace I've had is people telling me I did the right thing. A few years ago I managed to build up my confidence but after that I've just felt drained and I've became the little shy girl again ... =S and its not been easy ...

its not been easy trying to make new pals either and most of the time I'm kinda feeling as if i'm on my own ... so i just want this year over so i can start afresh and get myself sorted once and for all ...

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Thu 20 Dec, 2007 12:22 AM Quote
cosmic wrote:
My year's been shite to be fair ...
And I'm sorry to hear about ur bad times Paul ...

Good times of this year ... seeing Travis live, graduating from uni, getting a new job ...

Bad times, well I basically started the year off on a bad note and I felt as though it all went downhill from there ... I was flatsharing and it went badly wrong, i fell out with one of the people I was staying with and she was one of these kinds of people who couldn't ever be told she was in the wrong ... when I eventually stood my ground and up to her, she turned nasty and I got called a heap of things under the sun which i obviously took to heart. My mate was her boyfriend ... me and him put our differences aside but he showed loyalty to her, which was pretty obvious. I ended up moving out of the flat cos I couldn't stay with her anymore ... so basically i've had to start afresh but the one saving grace I've had is people telling me I did the right thing. A few years ago I managed to build up my confidence but after that I've just felt drained and I've became the little shy girl again ... =S and its not been easy ...

its not been easy trying to make new pals either and most of the time I'm kinda feeling as if i'm on my own ... so i just want this year over so i can start afresh and get myself sorted once and for all ...

I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope 2008 will be much better for you.

cosmic
cosmic Posted Thu 20 Dec, 2007 12:42 AM Quote
Yeah fingers crossed ... I used to let a lot of things slide and not let it bother me ... but since it all, I take far too much to heart. Its so stupid! But yeah, I just try to keep going and not let it get to me but every now and again I feel a bitty shitty ... so I'm hoping for a fresh start! xx

Helen *the original*
Helen *the original* Posted Thu 20 Dec, 2007 12:50 AM Quote
Not posted on here for a while, found myself browsing more now that my laptop is back. Hmmm i've not really thought about this year until i saw this post so this is what i've started thinking.

The best: Turning 21, seeing Travis in Glasgow on my actual birthday and it being my first trip to Scotland, graduating from uni, losing over 4 stone (and still going strong!), getting all of my confidence back that was lost throughout the last two years, getting a job from my first interview, my friend having a little baby boy, talking to more people and finding more friends as well as spending lots more time with old friends, getting my favourite car of all time, United winning the league!

The bad: Losing my part-time job just as i was about to be promoted, Salford getting relegated (but that's turned into a good thing!). For once i can't think of anything really bad that happened this year, so let's hope that carries on into the next!

paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 20 Dec, 2007 3:40 PM Quote
Helen *the original* wrote:
Not posted on here for a while, found myself browsing more now that my laptop is back. Hmmm i've not really thought about this year until i saw this post so this is what i've started thinking.

The best: Turning 21, seeing Travis in Glasgow on my actual birthday and it being my first trip to Scotland, graduating from uni, losing over 4 stone (and still going strong!), getting all of my confidence back that was lost throughout the last two years, getting a job from my first interview, my friend having a little baby boy, talking to more people and finding more friends as well as spending lots more time with old friends, getting my favourite car of all time, United winning the league!

The bad: Losing my part-time job just as i was about to be promoted, Salford getting relegated (but that's turned into a good thing!). For once i can't think of anything really bad that happened this year, so let's hope that carries on into the next!

That's a good, positive post. I like it, well done Helen :)

cosmic
cosmic Posted Thu 20 Dec, 2007 4:23 PM Quote
yup here's hoping my new year's as good as Helen's has been! Its always good when u get a year like that! xx

sorry angel
sorry angel Posted Thu 20 Dec, 2007 5:34 PM Quote
Best : Seeing Travis at Koko of course, going to Iceland on holiday for our 10 years anniversary and finding out and announcing to my darling on the actualy date that I was expecting a baby. His code name is Elvis!! And Elvis is due early March and we're both very happy or course. As I'm not a spring chicken it'll probably be our only child so fingers crossed that everything goes well until the birth.
Bad : Putting on a lot of weight and beeing now officially as large as a whale...+ not getting a permanenent job at the end of my one year contract...so really not so bad for me this year.

Thanks Dubz + all boardies for your lovely posts, it's a nice subject. I hope things get better for those of you who need it and that Santa is generous with you.
Happy Xmas.
Sophie

Darran
Darran Posted Thu 20 Dec, 2007 9:21 PM Quote
Mines the same thing...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v641/TheGuv/ouch.jpg

galletitabonita
galletitabonita Posted Thu 20 Dec, 2007 9:42 PM Quote
Darran wrote:
Mines the same thing...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v641/TheGuv/ouch.jpg

=O

paul_c
paul_c Posted Fri 21 Dec, 2007 12:00 AM Quote
Jesus!! What you doing to yourself Darran!?

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:21 PM